Mardi Gras 2014 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious, does Universal introduce new floats every year for Mardi Gras? I've only been to two so far, and I have seen the concept art for the 2014 ones.

Generally four new floats every year, mixed in with the "classics" (riverboat, gator, jazz hall). I think they missed a year or two when Potter construction ate up the budget but shouldn't be an issue any more.

I present to you one of Universals 2014 Mardi Gras floats, many more photos of concept art, and construction to come!

float1_zpse40cd1b9.jpg

^ I know. The previous posts noted that Summer Concert Series was PROBABLY no more, so I was just adding to the list of evidence.

When will the full list of performers be announced? It's only a month and a half away.

An earlier post of mine:
Well, by this time last year, we only had 1 band announced (Matchbox Twenty). Several bands leaked around early December. Universal started tweeting out obvious teasers for artists in early January and the actual lineup wasn't officially revealed until January 7th. We're on track, if not a little ahead, as of right now.

More acts revealed:

FEB 8
DAUGHTRYMAR 1COLLECTIVE SOULAPR 5SKILLET
FEB 15BARENAKED LADIESMAR 8PRINCE ROYCEAPR 12LYNYRD SKYNYRD
FEB 16THOMAS RHETTMAR 14CODY SIMPSONAPR 19KOOL & THE GANG
FEB 22ROBIN THICKEMAR 15FOREIGNERMAY 3NELLY
MAR 21TO BE ANNOUNCEDMAY 10THE WANTED
MAR 22GAVIN DEGRAWMAY 17TO BE ANNOUNCED
MAR 28TO BE ANNOUNCEDMAY 24TO BE ANNOUNCED
MAR 29TO BE ANNOUNCEDMAY 31TO BE ANNOUNCED

Ha! I guess Barenaked Ladies had a sudden opening in the central Florida area that weekend.

Felt old that I didn't know two of the performers, but one's a new on the scene country artist, other is a Christian rock band, so wouldn't have known them in my teens either.

Not the strongest line-up ever, but a nice mix of genres/eras. No one a must-see for me, but 4 or 5 I'd probably hang around Monsters Cafe area for.

Last edited: