Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I would love to give a review of Mako. However the ride went down about 5:15 on Saturday while I was in line. I had already waited 75 minutes at that point and there was about a 5-6 train wait ahead of me. I would have ridden it earlier in the day, but I was with family who were visiting the park as well and Mako was the last thing I got around to. It's normally just my partner and I when I go, so I'll just have to wait until I make it back in a couple months. This was actually the first time going on a Saturday outside of Christmas/NYE and 2nd time in "Summer" (tho techically it's fall everywhere else...lol) and it was HOT. I try and come in the "Winter" and Spring months to avoid the heat. I'm just mad the only thing I rode was Shamu Express with my niece....lol

It appears a compressor burst while I was standing in line. About 5:15 they announced a temporary delay. However by 6 they decided it wasn't going to be taken care of soon enough to re-open (since the park was already closing for the day). My nephew and I follow the suggestions/rules and left our phones with my partner. If I had worn my khakis with the zippered pockets I would have kept it with me and he could have called me to tell me what he saw them doing as he was standing right outside the entrance. Then I may have left the line and made it to Kraken or Manta. I assume they fixed it by opening for Sunday as I saw others saying they rode it that day. I just know next time I go that will be the first thing I head to. Here are some pics of them working on it while I was in line:IMG_1953.JPG IMG_1954.JPG

Reactions: anihilnation
Sorry to hear that. And yes, it was up and running on Sunday. The wait was pretty long. Sounds like Saturday may have been just as busy and hot as Sunday was.

I very much doubt they were "switched off". The trains were likely travelling at a speed below the threshold for them to activate....even if the trains were full. Cooler temperatures have creeped into FL recently...which may explain this.

I very much doubt they were "switched off". The trains were likely travelling at a speed below the threshold for them to activate....even if the trains were full. Cooler temperatures have creeped into FL recently...which may explain this.
Maybe they adjust the speed treshold? Need to go ride it again soon. In any case, I never minded the break, it had this nice counter intuitive effect.

Reactions: Scott W.
That last part. The cooler temperatures allow them to use less force on the braking because the car naturally travels slower. The threshold to allow the trim to not be used maybe a high temperature like 70 or something, which is a temperature we haven't reached below till recently.

Could have been, I don't know, but the temp that day was 86 degrees and I had sweat dripping off of me.

Sorry to bump the thread, but does anyone know roughly what Mako's throughput is? It seemed high when I was last there, and judging by the park's other two B&M coasters, I'd guess around about 1500pph as its full throughput.