Luigi Mansion/Mini Area and Shooter Attraction (Idea) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Luigi Mansion/Mini Area and Shooter Attraction (Idea)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah youre alone on this one. Anyone under the age of 35 into Ghostbusters is probably a generational thing. I'll take Luigi's Mansion any day.
I think Luigi's Mansion, Legend of Zelda (probably based on BotW/Tears era), and Pokemon are the IPs that make sense from Nintendo for RIDES going forward. That's not a small amount of IPs, so keep that in mind when you guys are saying "but I want to see THAT game in the the parks". An animal crossing play area? sure. It's cheap and appeals to target audience so it theoretically could happen someday maybe. But nothing more than something small for multiple reasons, one major one being that the IP doesn't lend itself to a ride well.

My point in saying what I said was to reign in hopes, but also, you don't want your entire parks to become filled with these Nintendo IPs that some people just don't care about. The thing Universal has always been great about is diversity in the IPs that they have for attractions so if one doesn't appeal to you, you have plenty of options that are different from each other. Universal still has their own IP that they want to fit into the park on top of anymore Nintendo related IP.

Last edited:
It makes so much sense for a film. Idk how they pull it off, but, it lends itself well.
The tricky thing is that Link doesn't talk in the games. To do a film with him as the lead character and have it be an Illumination film aimed at kids... they're gonna have to have him talk and it'd probably be pretty controversial among the fanbase, but really, if you're making a movie where he's the leading protagonist, he sort of has to talk. Not all the time. They can portray him as a wondrous person who doesn't like to talk much and takes in the beauty of the world around him, etc ,etc.

The tricky thing is that Link doesn't talk in the games. To do a film with him as the lead character and have it be an Illumination film aimed at kids... they're gonna have to have him talk and it'd probably be pretty controversial among the fanbase, but really, if you're making a movie where he's the leading protagonist, he sort of has to talk. Not all the time. They can portray him as a wondrous person who doesn't like to talk much and takes in the beauty of the world around him, etc ,etc.
He could be more… ominous, and side character help carry the film. A more ensemble film with Link owning the finale is probably best case scenario.

Reactions: chris.g and Nick
He could be more… ominous, and side character help carry the film. A more ensemble film with Link owning the finale is probably best case scenario.
It's not even 100% that something like this is happening. I'd say if there's anything to the rumor, Nintendo and Illumination are probably doing two things - looking to see how Mario performs and then obviously focusing on pitching the perfect Zelda movie.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
It's not even 100% that something like this is happening. I'd say if there's anything to the rumor, Nintendo and Illumination are probably doing two things - looking to see how Mario performs and then obviously focusing on pitching the perfect Zelda movie.
Oh I bet there is a MILLION current pitches for Illumination and it all depends on how Mario performs. If it does we’ll, we will see a Nintendo Cinematic Universe for sure. Connected to each other or not, it’ll happen.

Reactions: Freak and Nick

i mean, if crisp rat mario is any indication how much illumination cares about character accuracy i don't know that they'd be too worried about link not talking..

Reactions: chris.g
i mean, if crisp rat mario is any indication how much illumination cares about character accuracy i don't know that they'd be too worried about link not talking..
I don't mind Pratt's Mario so far and think they got voice casting for Bowser perfect with Jack Black so. Mario was never going to sound exactly like the games, especially since the Mario cartoonish Italian accent has been criticized over the years.

AHEM. Panda begs to differ!

sorry…
LMAO

As much as I'd like something to take that plot, I feel like getting rid of the main store, two food service locations, the only bathroom outside of SNW down there, and dining areas would not be the best move just yet for Lower Lot. Maybe after it expands a bit more? UC has proven they can do a lot with a little after SLoP so I would be curious to see what they can put here
Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 3.22.43 PM.png

Last edited:
LMAO

As much as I'd like something to take that plot, I feel like getting rid of the main store, two food service locations, the only bathroom outside of SNW down there, and dining areas would not be the best move just yet for Lower Lot. Maybe after it expands a bit more? UC has proven they can do a lot with a little after SLoP so I would be curious to see what they can put here
View attachment 18189

Yeah I can't see any way they tear that bathroom down before building another on the lower lot. The Nintendo one doesn't count as it's probably going to be behind a VQ at least some of the time for a while.

Yeah I can't see any way they tear that bathroom down before building another on the lower lot. The Nintendo one doesn't count as it's probably going to be behind a VQ at least some of the time for a while.
This is the main thing lol, and I don't see that happening until they knock down those soundstages by TF/Mummy

They could also go with his silence not being just a choice but a condition, as in he's mute. Not as a disability or a focus, but as a simply a part of his character. You'd need to be sure you design his model so he is crazy expressive though. An ensemble cast would also help to react to his mute communication to help the audience interpret.

I mean, we’ve already seen different solutions for this problem with Detective Pikachu and Mario.

Mario didn't really talk and story was never in the front for Mario.....besides the Paper Mario and kinda the Mario RPG games on GBA/DS.

I dont know who is writing it but the Pokemon detective Pikchu movie was really good, not perfect but they had a few Pokemon talk and it worked. I think they will find the right actor to fit which ever version of Link they use.
Also I speculate if Link does start in movies they will do a into the Spider verse by the second film to allow them to switch between which ever Zelda game world they want.....Link has traveled between worlds before in game (not into other games...but into the dark version of his land....or into a dark future)

To be fair, you have made it clear in the past that you very much do care if the IP is Fast & Furious, hah.

Illumination execs reading your comment: "Write that down, write that down!"
As films I think they are for people who are not me....but they have never made a good ride/show/video game or anything to prove other wise that people have interest or good ideas to bring it to the parks.

The new coaster could have been any IP and they choose the one where you really can't see much but.....little cars? T shirts? I bet Power Bands yearly will outsell all the merch for the new FF coaster, especially if USH is smart and makes limited time bands like tanooki suit mario or Luigi Mansion bands, Dry Bones Bowsers Bands....etc

All that's been said aside, maybe this could also be something they could do if they eventually bring Nintendo to the regional parks?

Mainstream, known IP's/characters like Luigi, Zelda, and Pokemon have a shot in the right spot in the right park, but anything beyond that core group and people are just kidding themselves. Animal Crossing is never coming. Star Fox isn't coming. Your favorite niche Nintendo IP isn't coming. It needs to have widespread appeal/recognition to even have a shot of making an appearance in the parks.
I know I'm late to this, but similar to how @Magic-Man brought up a small counterpoint, this probably comes as no surprise (and probably my own slight personal bias if my icon and sig are anything), but I'd also almost argue that Kirby is right behind Zelda/Pokemon considering his franchise regularly gets new games just like the other three and gets a decent amount of licensed merch. Not to mention the existence of Kirby Cafe in Japan.

That being said, given it's a lineage/priority thing, I'm well aware seeing anything Kirby at Universal would be a long shot as it stands now, though the closest was defintely the CityWalk event promoting Kirby and The Forgotten Land (and it became the best selling Kirby game to date). Maybe if nothing else they can find a way to bring Kirby Cafe to the states somehow.

Hope that didn't derail things. Just wanted to weigh in on the scope of Nintendo being a collection of IPs.

Reactions: Jerroddragon