Loki (Disney+) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Loki (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Theory on the very end of the episode:
So when Loki ends up back at the TVA and they have no idea who he is and he looks and the statues are already changed, my take on that is that there's already a new Kang in charge, but it's one of his more boastful and more dictator-like versions of him.

Many have theorized that Loki was simply sent to a TVA in a different timeline, because she kicked him out of the Castle *before* she killed that version of Kang, so Loki would have gone back to the regular TVA that we all had known from this season. What I think is wrong is that there's a Conquerer Kang now in charge, he wants people to know it (thus why he's using a statue of himself rather than man behind the curtain approach), and he probably wiped everyone's memories, just like the TVA did originally to keep the ruse going.

I wonder how long after this season that S2 is going to take place. You would think they would want it to be immediate given where we ended, but I don't think a S2 can come out until late 2022 at the earliest just due to how long production/post-production will take (given that production isn't slated to start until January) along with working around other shows. At that point, I have to imagine Dr. Strange 2 is going to have fixed a lot, so Season 2 may pick up at a completely different point.

Also, thinking about the future of the MCU quickly:
I think it's plausible to argue that any Marvel character in any Marvel movie ever is going to be canon during this multiversal time period. For example, it's rumored that Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock when he supposedly appears in Spidey and a few other projects will be him as a variant meaning it is the EXACT Netflix version of him. Also, as another example, remember that it was rumored that Chris Evans signed on to come back to the MCU? What if he's playing Human Torch and not Cap? Or what if he plays versions of both? With the multiverse, literally anything becomes possible. This could be how they explain why Deadpool is in the MCU now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Loved the Episode....very confused why this wasn't the first thing in Phase 4...this is literally the new set up for the next phase.

Loved we had two people we liked fighting over what is right and wrong..and unlike Civil War the "worst" outcome wins. Love the Timeline is split and love it happened because of someone over just an event out of the characters hands.

Loved the Episode....very confused why this wasn't the first thing in Phase 4...this is literally the new set up for the next phase.

Loved we had two people we liked fighting over what is right and wrong..and unlike Civil War the "worst" outcome wins. Love the Timeline is split and love it happened because of someone over just an event out of the characters hands.
If you look on Disney+ in the Marvel section, under "Timeline Order", after Endgame, the current order of events is Loki, WandaVision, FatWS. But I mean, Covid heavily played into everything getting shifted.

Reactions: Nico
Theory on the very end of the episode:
So when Loki ends up back at the TVA and they have no idea who he is and he looks and the statues are already changed, my take on that is that there's already a new Kang in charge, but it's one of his more boastful and more dictator-like versions of him.

Many have theorized that Loki was simply sent to a TVA in a different timeline, because she kicked him out of the Castle *before* she killed that version of Kang, so Loki would have gone back to the regular TVA that we all had known from this season. What I think is wrong is that there's a Conquerer Kang now in charge, he wants people to know it (thus why he's using a statue of himself rather than man behind the curtain approach), and he probably wiped everyone's memories, just like the TVA did originally to keep the ruse going.

I wonder how long after this season that S2 is going to take place. You would think they would want it to be immediate given where we ended, but I don't think a S2 can come out until late 2022 at the earliest just due to how long production/post-production will take (given that production isn't slated to start until January) along with working around other shows. At that point, I have to imagine Dr. Strange 2 is going to have fixed a lot, so Season 2 may pick up at a completely different point.

Also, thinking about the future of the MCU quickly:
I think it's plausible to argue that any Marvel character in any Marvel movie ever is going to be canon during this multiversal time period. For example, it's rumored that Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock when he supposedly appears in Spidey and a few other projects will be him as a variant meaning it is the EXACT Netflix version of him. Also, as another example, remember that it was rumored that Chris Evans signed on to come back to the MCU? What if he's playing Human Torch and not Cap? Or what if he plays versions of both? With the multiverse, literally anything becomes possible. This could be how they explain why Deadpool is in the MCU now that I think about it.

Upon rewatch, I’m team new timeline TVA. We see our Mobius in the lobby looking at all the branches extend past the redline first. Then when Loki leaves the interrogation room, they’re suddenly in the library. I think the plot of season 2 starts off with our Mobius and Loki trying to find each other.

Reactions: Nick
Michael Waldron had this to say about the finale episode:
“We knew that we wanted this show to be huge, and we wanted it to really end with a bang and have a huge impact on the MCU moving forward,” head writer Michael Waldron tells Marvel.com. “Knowing that Kang was probably going to be the next big cross-movie villain, and because he is a time-traveling, multiversal adversary, it just always made so much sense. I came up with that big multiversal war mythology and pitched it out in the room one day to our producers. And they said, yeah, let's go for it. We knew we were going to end up meeting the man behind the curtain. And then it was just on us to make sure that that meeting really delivered.”

“You had to leave a lot of meat on the bone in terms of how evil he could be, because that's He Who Remains' whole thing, that it's not me who you should be afraid of,” Waldron continues. “‘It's the other versions of me that are going to come.’ It was trying to really hint at that terrifying evil within without going all the way there.” In Waldon’s own words, he was just trying to write him as a “very charismatic sociopath.”

They all go on to compliment Jonathan Majors quite a bit, too:
“I just want to salute Jonathan Majors,” shares Tom Hiddleston. “He came in the last lap of this series and made an extraordinary impact. And it’s quite something to do that for a story, to get to its final chapter and to introduce the character of such breadth, and depth, and charisma, and intelligence. He was dazzling. It was our final week of filming, literally. He came in and blew us all away.”

Reactions: GA-MBIT and n i c k
This show was definitely the most consistently interesting of the MCU shows, but damn. WHAT. A. DISAPPOINTMENT (for me).

Kang man. Comically arrogant, intelligent, cunning, suave.... is reduced to a variant of himself that is some cheeky lunatic. The people who criticized Eisenberg's Luthor should be the same one criticizing Major's Kang. There was such great significance to this executed 'effing terribly.

Not impressed at all with the beginning of Phase 4. They have the ability to go off the wall and its all completely basic butchered versions of passable products that still refuse t take risks or even give anything close to being reflective of Marvel's literature.

Last edited:
This show was definitely the most consistently interesting of the MCU shows, but damn. WHAT. A. DISAPPOINTMENT.

Kang man. Comically arrogant, intelligent, cunning, suave.... is reduced to a variant of himself that is some cheeky lunatic. The people who criticized Eisenberg's Luthor should be the same one criticizing Major's Kang. There was such great significance to this executed 'effing terribly.

Not impressed at all with the beginning of Phase 4. They have the ability to go off the wall and its all completely basic butchered versions of passable products that still refuse t take risks or even give anything close to being reflective of Marvel's literature.

See, I would argue that if you look at Jonathan Majors as Kang/Immortus (because it leans a bit more into the latter); it's a really good visualization. Alongside that for Kang, this isn't the version that we should expect to see. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, until when we see Kang's more iconic personality; the conqueror, when Ant-Man comes out. And I say this as someone who liked Eisenberg's Luthor

This show was definitely the most consistently interesting of the MCU shows, but damn. WHAT. A. DISAPPOINTMENT.

This is a version of him that has spent eons committing genocide across universes to make sure that the Conquerer doesn't arise in any of them. He's not going to be particularly stable...

This is a version of him that has spent eons committing genocide across universes to make sure that the Conquerer doesn't arise in any of them. He's not going to be particularly stable...

Fair, also totally forgot that this version is dead. But knowing the way MCU villains have been lately, I'm just being cautious about Kang. I do want him to be badass. But how are you gonna basically pull up his Immortus form and not even have him USE time travel... there's just a lot wrong going on for me that I wish they could just nail.

Side note, I did get a lot of Doctor Who vibes from this series' finale. Overall I'll give the show a 3/5. Definitely intriguing in terms of world building, but a bit lackluster when it comes to accurate representation.

This show was definitely the most consistently interesting of the MCU shows, but damn. WHAT. A. DISAPPOINTMENT (for me).

It was a variant of himself to set up the more sinister versions. Jonathan Majors is gonna have a ball playing a bunch of different versions of Kang. For myself, I thought that this version of Kang was unexpected, but I really enjoyed his performance overall. The performance felt like it had a certain Norman Bates-ish quality to it. I'm expecting next time we see him, he's going to be much less spastic and much more of a dictator.

I think its mainly you

If you didn't love Loki...you like Wanda...didn't love than Falcon Winter

We have had three very different shows and each has been great in their own way.

As for the Villain as people pointed out...he will be back many...many times. He literally says it in the show

Loki broke SambaTV’s own numbers for the MCU Disney+ shows as the most watched finale at 2.5M viewers over it’s first five days of release.

WandaVision and FatWS had 1.4 & 1.7 million over the first five days of their finales.

Loki broke SambaTV’s own numbers for the MCU Disney+ shows as the most watched finale at 2.5M viewers over it’s first five days of release.

WandaVision and FatWS had 1.4 & 1.7 million over the first five days of their finales.
I had no idea Loki was this loved

I thought people liked Wanda/Falcon as much if not more.

I had no idea Loki was this loved

I thought people liked Wanda/Falcon as much if not more.
I think the numbers may be skewed just a tad in favor of Loki as WV/Falcon's first five days were a Friday-Tuesday. Loki's first 5 days have the advantage of running through Sunday with it being Wed-Sun. I have to assume Monday and Tuesday's are when Disney+ see the least amount of traffic so that takes away from the "first five" for WV/Falcon and really leaves most of it to Friday-Sunday for those shows.

With Loki airing on Wednesdays, you get all the hardcore fans who don't want to be spoiled to watch on Wednesday (and let's be honest, a lot probably watch more than once) and then you have the audience that doesn't watch until the weekend, which I assume is still probably fairly high.

The only other factor would be subscriber growth (not just stateside, but around the world), which inevitably turns into more people watching. We won't know new subscriber numbers until the next quarterly report next month though.

This is like REALLY super late, but Sylvie is one of my least favorite characters of the MCU. She got in the way of a more interesting ship (Loki x Mobius) and of course there’s the weird incest thing going on. I think it’s the main reason this show feels like weird fan fiction.

So this is super out of nowhere, but coming back from MoM and onto this..man do I have a thought in my mind:

In the final episode of Loki, we are seen and introduced to He Who Remains, the last of the Kangs to ever really exist due to the events that came before he controlled and ruled the sacred timeline, but the moment when he loses control has been often speculated and questioned if it's connected to that of either Wandavision or No Way Home, for obvious reasons I can get.

But..what if the Incursion, was the causality? In Doctor Strange, Clea tells him quick as a needle like any Sam Raimi cliffhanger is often to do, that he caused an incursion by the events of Multiverse of Madness. So did Reed of the Illuminati. Considering that Loki's TVA and the castle of He Who Remains is set in-between...wouldn't it make more sense that He Who Remains, lost control the moment the incursion began? Thinking about it much more, and if they are going to the path of Secret Wars almost quickly, and if it means the MCU changes how it is because of it; then the inciting aspect would have to come down towards a key decision.

Heck, you could actually make an explanation quickly too on that, the universe that Kang The Conqueror takes in, is caused *after* by the incursion and after he loses control now, if the event causes the MCU to be heavily shifted.

Of-course, that would also imply that like I said on that Secret Wars path, that they are gearing up to do it soon. Which...I believe has been rumored by a few people to be on the track for 2024, I believe. Food for thought; especially given the next time we'll see Kang is going to be with likely both Loki S2 and Ant-Man Quantumania.

Reactions: youhow2 and n i c k
Loki D23 Season 2 trailer leaked online. Go get it before the mouse tries to scrub the internet of it (although it's out there now so there's really no putting the genie back in the bottle). I won't link here, but check twitter.

Seems like a very promising continuation. Lots of intrigue, and the little comedy that is shown is the type of comedy i'm used to from the MCU. Not this phase four crap where pretty much everything is a joke, but jokes that are well placed and well timed.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush