Logo PNG's (HHN Hollywood) | Inside Universal Forums

Logo PNG's (HHN Hollywood)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Heyo! Wanting to make this as I've had a tendency on doing this, but for HHN--I have gone through the element of making logo PNG's for the Hollywood event. Will post more as I go further in the backlog of available logos to convert, as I do each by hand as I can. As for why I do it--I believe in having transparent versions of logos for the ease of preservation and ability to use as fans wish; and if this can help in the process, then by all means.

With that out of the way, will upload what I have been able to settle on!

HHN '23:
Ghostz_PNG.png
Momias_Logo_PNG_Version_B.png

Monstruos_PNG.PNG

Holidayz_PNG.png

The_Exterminatorz_Tram_PNG.png

Toyz_PNG.PNG

Unmasked_PNG.png

Purge_PNG.png

Blumhouse_BTS_PNG.png

HHN '22:
El_Pueblo_del_Terror_PNG.png

La_Llorona_PNG.png
Legends_Collide.png

Sideshow_Slaughterhouse_PNG.png

Terror_Tram_PNG_copy.PNG

UHH_PNG.png

Clownsawz_PNG.png

Weeknd_PNG.png

To explain a little further to why I do this--part of it comes down to that of the impeccable talents that @Gambit had achieved over the course of the past decade, with easy to access and handle sources of PNG's and base files. As some may remember, when the HHN Hollywood site was configured a certain way; I would make steps to ensure PNG's and standalone backgrounds are able to be procured, through that of easily accessible (and not illegal) forms such as Chrome source code files.

But since 2022, the process of PNG finding and collecting has been harder, enough to where if I am able to do it; I have to usually go more intensive in photo editing to get near source quality versions, and to then bring them up to scale. I loved it when HHN would have PNG's properly--because it allowed that ability for easy backlog sourcing and compiling for the historical sake. And it is something Intend to continue, and will do so as future HHN's go on.

Transparent files are an amazing thing.

Last edited:
How do you go about fixing these up? And what are you looking for when you say "Source Quality"?

Coincidentally given my username, I also did some hobby work with PNG logos for old forums a good number of years ago. Wondering if any of the tricks I picked up could help to collect some more of these!

How do you go about fixing these up? And what are you looking for when you say "Source Quality"?

Coincidentally given my username, I also did some hobby work with PNG logos for old forums a good number of years ago. Wondering if any of the tricks I picked up could help to collect some more of these!
Usually what I look for when it comes to "Source Quality" lies with coloring, simple as it can be. I usually pull high-res images (Say, promotional artpieces given in PR or directly from Google Source Code); and then use that of hand techniques (Lasso) to separate that of the logo itself from the background it is on.

At times--this is actually easier than it can be, for solid logos such as The Weeknd, TT, or Ghostz and The Purge in this case. I pull from the source files that would be publically accessible through source code of the promo, and then hand-edit and hand-remove. And usually for those, it would take that of less than at least 60-90 minutes if I am quick and efficient enough.

A bit more of a simplistic answer as I'd care to admit, but it works in context once applied through lassoing what there is; removing the external elements outside of a logo--and then adding elements such as glows, shadows (both external and internal to help highlight certain aspects), and textures for elements in slightly layering and adding small elements of detail. Such as that of the metal in the sake of a logo like The Purge (which has now been fixed as seen below).

Purge_PNG.png