Knott's Scary Farm 2022 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I want to slap him... after 30 seconds... :chainsaw:

We know we're getting two new mazes... themes haven't leaked yet, but Paranormal Inc's replacement is at least rumored to be a castle/vampire maze.

The other new maze remains a .......mystery (lodge)
I'm pretty sure we know the mystery Lodge Mays is based off of the previous year's show

Listings for "Knott's Scary Farm Gore-ing 20s Balcony Dancers" "Knott's Scary Farm Carnaval Du Grotesque Ringmaster" and "Knott's Scary Farm Carnaval Du Grotesque Production Performers" are on the Knott's Jobs website. This confirms the return of Gore-ing 20s and Carnaval Du Grotesque to the Calico Mine Stage. Auditions were held for all 3 positions yesterday.

Reactions: Wesker69
I'm still bitter over the death of The Hanging

Goreing 20s was a new SZ last year, so there was no way it wasn't coming back (especially with the new pizza/brewery restaurant opening ....eventually)

As for the new "Mystery" maze, it has started to receive Hollywood's favorite paint color! Along with even more plywood. Also I learned that the maze doesn't actually use the "theatre portion" of Mystery Lodge.

Reactions: StopMakingSense

Goreing 20s was a new SZ last year, so there was no way it wasn't coming back (especially with the new pizza/brewery restaurant opening ....eventually)

As for the new "Mystery" maze, it has started to receive Hollywood's favorite paint color! Along with even more plywood. Also I learned that the maze doesn't actually use the "theatre portion" of Mystery Lodge.

I think The Hanging had its time. To be honest, I don’t miss it and I’ve been going to Haunt since the late 90’s.

Here is some footage of the construction including Mystery Lodge!

I think The Hanging had its time. To be honest, I don’t miss it and I’ve been going to Haunt since the late 90’s.

Here is some footage of the construction including Mystery Lodge!

Same, once I saw Bill and Ted, I realized how juvenile The Hanging was. Or the writing for it just got worse and worse. Always loved the bloody action though......... I desperately miss Bill and Ted still, however lol

Yes well, we wouldn't have B&T without The Hanging and once Hollywood lost B&T, The Hanging was starting to be more similar to it to fill that void. The show was timeless, same with B&T.

The problem is, this generation is too sensitive in every aspect. Eitherway, they better give me Hanging merch next year during the 50th since it was axed silently & last minute in 2019

Reactions: Water Bottle

Yea I was just saying nothing is ever officially confirmed. I was sure Gore ing 20s was coming back just exciting when we get confirmation.

Also same for hanging

Same, once I saw Bill and Ted, I realized how juvenile The Hanging was. Or the writing for it just got worse and worse. Always loved the bloody action though......... I desperately miss Bill and Ted still, however lol

I saw the last Bill and Ted in Hollywood before it was gone. I can't remember when in the season I saw it, but it was not long before it got removed. I remember looking at my buddy who I was with during several parts of that show and eye rolling at some of the jokes. I am by no means above that type of comedy, but the writing was just awful.

I did like aspects of The Hanging, but now that we have been without it for a year I am ok with other shows filling that space.

Yea I was just saying nothing is ever officially confirmed. I was sure Gore ing 20s was coming back just exciting when we get confirmation.

Also same for hanging

Hopefully it's expanded this year, too. I think that would be awesome.

Hopefully it's expanded this year, too. I think that would be awesome.
Don't expect this to happen for a few obvious reasons....

1 - Mine Stage area is part of Ghost Town, technically a "breather space"/traffic flow
2 - CarnEvil is in the other direction, which needs a major cast increase & budget boost for sets
3 - Just past the Bumper Cars is once again Calico/Ghost Town territory

The space from Bumper Cars to the Charleston Fountain is big enough for a SZ of Goreing 20s theme.

Knotts needs to ADD an additional SZ in the area that runs from Pony Express to Calico River Rapids. Make it werewolves (go the extra mile to add props to CRR to be "Calico Werewolf Rapids", they already do Halloween Hootenanny for Log Ride)

1 - Mine Stage area is part of Ghost Town, technically a "breather space"/traffic flow
2 - CarnEvil is in the other direction, which needs a major cast increase & budget boost for sets

The space from Bumper Cars to the Charleston Fountain is big enough for a SZ of Goreing 20s theme.

Knotts needs to ADD an additional SZ in the area that runs from Pony Express to Calico River Rapids. Make it werewolves (go the extra mile to add props to CRR to be "Calico Werewolf Rapids", they already do Halloween Hootenanny for Log Ride)
I remember there was ONE SINGLE YEAR they had a scare zone here and I think it was Bigfoot themed. Back when Bigfoot Rapids (RIP) would get a retheme called Bigfoot's Revenge, but I believe this was the year after, because I never got to see that. [Ah yes, just googled it, it was 2000 and it was my first year going, and it was called The Backwoods. I liked it, I wonder why they never did it again though. It may have been more woodsy themed though to tie in with Voodoo Witch Project (which was in the Mystery Lodge location), which then was rethemed as Blood Bayou the next year]

This bolded line is sort of what I was thinking. I don't recall the scare zone starting until you got near Cordy's Corner and the arcade. The only way they can expand the zone is to the fountain area, which I think they will do this year. That still allows the stage to have it's area unaffected.

Totally agree on Carnevil getting a boost with sets, but to be honest the cast has been really good the last handful of years. They are working with no fog machines, no set pieces and and really no cover and they still are a stand out area to me. I would love to see some vintage carnival equipment and stuff in that area this year. Also would love to see something along the path where Calico River Rapids is, too. The werewolf idea is awesome.

Forgot to mention this, but the Mystery Lodge maze has extended to behind the building. The newest elevated platform has a big square hole in the center, probably a "bungee scare pit".

Go do GhostRider to see the progress. I didn't bother to attempt a pic lol. Sorry

Reactions: Water Bottle
Update on the Mystery Lodge maze... more vertical construction has commenced on the newest elevated plywood platform. It was just framework, BUT impressive scale-wise.

As for the other end, it appears more black paint has been applied to some of the walls. Most likely borrowed from HHN Hollywood's supply

Update on the Mystery Lodge maze... more vertical construction has commenced on the newest elevated plywood platform. It was just framework, BUT impressive scale-wise.

As for the other end, it appears more black paint has been applied to some of the walls. Most likely borrowed from HHN Hollywood's supply
Lmao well props to you for getting that good of a look at the thing. From the glimpse as I get it's just a bunch of wood I can't really make out details that you can but thanks for reporting on them.

Dig out a Wii remote wrist strap, slap on a Pop Socket, and superglue it to your hand. Or pull a Matt Sonswa and sneak backstage. Or bribe an employee with HHN Frequent Fear passes.

You're welcome, and I expect your next post to have high quality full resolution pictures of the current construction progress. ;D