Knott's Scary Farm 2022 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just know that 2022 - 1973 = 49, so it is what it is and it works. Even if it means the Green Witch defies gravity & logic. At least we're getting 2 new mazes this year & both can be seen from GhostRider
I also know that, but subtraction only tells you the difference between the numbers. It doesn't count the number you're subtracting from, which is why the 50th annual would have taken place in 2022 had the 2020 event not been canceled. Regardless, I'm really glad we're getting more than just one new maze this year. Mesmer was great, but they need at least two new mazes every year.

Um... no. 2023 has always been the 50th. The event's first year was 1973, NOT 1972.

As for Scary Farm 2022, the event WILL have at least TWO new mazes this year. One of them being the Paranormal Inc replacement. The other maze will be an additional maze in a NEW backstage location (Ride GhostRider, look to the right.. the maze plywood platform is visible).

Mystery Lodge is once again NOT being used for a maze this year (just what I've personally heard, but its still only May)

As for Fiesta Village's entertainment, you're reading too much into it. If they use it for Spooky or Scary Farm, it won't be touched until late July/early August. But I still wouldn't expect anything major in that spot considering the small footprint.
Can you further describe where this supposed "new maze location" will be? I haven't heard anything about it.

Can you further describe where this supposed "new maze location" will be? I haven't heard anything about it.
If you ride GhostRider, look to the far right & you will see the massively long plywood platform for the maze (no vertical walls ...yet). It is basically backstage BEHIND Mystery Lodge rather than inside of it. They might use Mystery Lodge for the queue but it's too soon to know.

As far as Origins & Dark Ride go, neither has begun construction yet. Currently the Boardwalk Ballroom is being used for additional seating. Both mazes probably won't go up until end of July/early August.

Reactions: Water Bottle
If you ride GhostRider, look to the far right & you will see the massively long plywood platform for the maze (no vertical walls ...yet). It is basically backstage BEHIND Mystery Lodge rather than inside of it. They might use Mystery Lodge for the queue but it's too soon to know.

As far as Origins & Dark Ride go, neither has begun construction yet. Currently the Boardwalk Ballroom is being used for additional seating. Both mazes probably won't go up until end of July/early August.
Lol yeah... That's always where the Mystery Lodge maze has been

Here is another look at the new maze construction where Paranormal Inc was.

Now that right there is a pretty sizable section, definitely makes you wonder what they're putting in that needs such tall sets.

Is it just me or does these new structures look like they are taking up a lot of the queue space Paranormal Inc had?

It's not just you, that section is exactly where the queue normally was for Paranormal Inc., so it's gonna' be interesting seeing how the queue is for this one.

Wow, that is eating a lot of queue. When Paranormal Inc. was newer, the line would easily go more than halfway past Ghost Rider on busy nights. If this is another knockout maze and they replace one of the other two mazes back there, I have no idea how they intend to manage that queue. You can only run two lines down the warehouse before you choke the exit for that maze and Dark Entities, so your only choice is to run it down past Ghost Rider and the entrance to Wax Works, which I've seen blocked before.

In other news, I've got an update on the 2nd NEW maze for this year...

Now that memorial day weekend is over, vertical construction has commenced! They've got some tall framework up already.

Also from what I've heard, the existing plywood platform is NOT the entire maze despite how long it currently is. Apparently it will continue to stretch alongside the building. It seems like it will indeed use Mystery Lodge as well. It'll be a long maze, so curious to see how it compares with Special Ops: Infected

Here's an aerial of the location
Screenshot_20220601-024137_Maps.jpg

The new maze behind Mystery Lodge has gone vertical on the far end. Just ride GhostRider & look to the right

Also, as for Paranormal Inc's replacement, the first room inside the building is apparently large with green walls. From what I understand, it's Victorian or Asylum/Mansion-esque... Has anyone heard any rumors on the replacement yet?

Went today, on GhostRider 3, could see a royal/azure blue color painted on black walls as well as a brown painted over black in another room. This is all in the front of the building. Good stuff.

Reactions: Wesker69
The Mystery Lodge sign inside the park has been removed. It's now just a blank archway

As for the construction behind it. They've made a lot of vertical plywood progress! Go ride GhostRider to get a brief glimpse.

As for Paranormal Inc's replacement, I noticed scaffolding platform infront of the facade so it's possible that might start to get some details.

The Mystery Lodge sign inside the park has been removed. It's now just a blank archway

As for the construction behind it. They've made a lot of vertical plywood progress! Go ride GhostRider to get a brief glimpse.

As for Paranormal Inc's replacement, I noticed scaffolding platform infront of the facade so it's possible that might start to get some details.

I think the Mystery Lodge signage has been covered up for a while since the attraction has been down.

I think the Mystery Lodge signage has been covered up for a while since the attraction has been down.
The sign was up for a while actually, but it doesn't look covered up, but removed entirely now.

I've heard the reason for Mystery Lodge being MIA is due to the outdated tech & effects. Knott's is trying to convert Mystery Lodge to modern tech without killing the original effects/experience.

I can't wait to see the title of the Paranormal Inc. replacement leaked by a massive Very Legitimate Sign that says Gunslingerz Grave 3(D): Trapped In Devil's Den.

I am a bit surprised that the mazes this year haven't leaked, especially when they were posted very early in 2019 (and I recall reading it on this forum around March or so).

Reactions: Wesker69
I want to slap him... after 30 seconds... :chainsaw:

I am a bit surprised that the mazes this year haven't leaked, especially when they were posted very early in 2019 (and I recall reading it on this forum around March or so).
We know we're getting two new mazes... themes haven't leaked yet, but Paranormal Inc's replacement is at least rumored to be a castle/vampire maze.

The other new maze remains a .......mystery (lodge)