Knott's Berry Farm | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll be the first to admit that Knott's has probably some of the worst operations when it comes to food services and rides. It was like that in the 90's and in the 00's. I agree that should change, but that is the way it has been for a long time.

I think given today's crowds, it's easy to forget that for decades, Knott's was always viewed as the "step-child" park and basically looked down upon. It was a running gag in the 80s and 90s that Knott's never had a crowd. Even the summers during that time were nothing like they are now.... you were basically able to walk on to nearly every ride and food line with little to no wait in the middle of July.

But lately, Knott's had gotten smart and marketed to the people who are priced out/frustrated by Disney by adding lots of entertainment and food events to keep people returning, and now they're a victim of their own success.

In the 80s and 90s, and even early 00s, having a food operation service literally one guest at a time (guest orders, pays, waits for food, leaves, service next guest) wasn't really an issue when there were maybe only 1-2 guests in line. But that same exact operation now is insufferable when there's 15-20 people in line. (I'm thinking about places like Calico Taters, Strictly on a Stick, Funnel Cakes, etc.)

I do feel their move to cafeteria style (Boardwalk BBQ, Prop Pizza, Casa California) are a response to that... and I do find them to be the much faster places to get food. And they should make those other, slower locations, should turn into mobile order only.

I went on Saturday to grab dinner since I was in the area. It was surprisingly not that busy. Maybe it was the calm before the NYE storm. We were in and out of the park in 60 mins. Food lines were no longer than 20 mins and that’s from several diff locations since my family always wants to eat from diff places.

Went back Sunday for NYE and was there from about 12-9pm. It was also was surprisingly not that busy. It did get busy as we were leaving since most were showing up for the countdown and fireworks. I’m glad we weren’t blocked out.

My last visit to Disneyland was November 1st (a Tier 1 day). I also only go about once a year or so. It was surprisingly busy for a Tier 1 day. We averaged about one attraction an hour. Rides kept breaking down left and right causing the popular attractions to have hour-long waits or more.

I know this topic comes up every now and then but you can’t really compare Knott’s and Disney. Enjoy each park for what they offer. Keep your expectations and patience in check and just go have fun.

Also, am I the only one who doesn’t mind a lil chaos every now and then? Sometimes it’s fun to be a part of the madness. NYE at Times Square? NYE on the Vegas strip? Mosh pits? Dance floor of a nightclub with a world-class DJ spinning?

Line for Huff 'n' Puff final day was wild. At about 11:30 it was backed up almost all the way to the balloon race
20240107_112038.jpg
Sadly arrived too late for the giveaway

Line is much shorter now but still long. About where the Woodstock game booth is.

I didn’t learn until literally today that town adults can ride Huff a Puff. Is this true?
Unfortunately, no. I just asked. However, my youngest is a few inches above the max height but the ride op is allowing him to ride. He doesn’t want to ride. He thinks he’s too old for it but I’m making go on it anyway. Haha.

Line is much shorter now but still long. About where the Woodstock game booth is.

Unfortunately, no. I just asked. However, my youngest is a few inches above the max height but the ride op is allowing him to ride. He doesn’t want to ride. He thinks he’s too old for it but I’m making go on it anyway. Haha.
Good move. He’ll be glad he did when he gets older.

Glad I asked as I thought about going but feeling a little under the weather from the cold. Guess I’ll sit out. Still kinda crowded anyway from what I gather.
FWIW, grown adults can ride the Linus Launcher
Although it’s been a minute since I’ve been in, I have been on the Linus Launcher. I do enjoy it so I’m glad they allow adults on there!

Knott's is so dumb. They just don't want to spend the money to get a proper renovation (like that European coaster got). The park is a disaster

At least Xcelorator is operational... yay *sigh*

• Sad
Reactions: Freak
I was at the park this afternoon and enjoyed the light crowds. But, more pertinent to this discussion, there's nothing happening around Montezooma right now. It looks exactly like it did the last time I was there (December). That said, the fact that there are walls going from the end of Fiesta Village all the way to the front of the park certainly makes Montezooma stand out less.

Anyway, I don't have a lot of hope that it ever operates again and it wouldn't surprise me if they try to bury it closer to the opening of all the new Peanuts stuff.

Just renewed my pass yesterday and stopped by for a few hours to take advantage of the light crowds.

Ghostrider, Log Ride and the Mine Ride are all down. It was also depressing to see Monty dismantled, just rotting away. Was bummed Ghostrider was down because I didn't get to ride it that much last year. Either the line was way too long or it was down. I did get to go on it a couple of times last year.

Also, I considered getting the Prestige Pass, until I found out that for the steep price for $400, it doesn;t include all of the Cedar Fair parks. You gotta pay extra for that perk. Even then I don't think it includes parking! (Correct me if I'm wrong). I considered it because I'm strongly considering a quick trip to Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Carowinds this early Summer. If it's $100 I might as well just buy separate one-day tickets then. For that price, it better include all of the CF parks.

Ghostrider, Log Ride and the Mine Ride are all down.
All 3 will be back in operation for Boysenberry.

The Prestige Pass, steep price of $400, it doesn;t include all of the Cedar Fair parks. You gotta pay extra for that perk. Even then I don't think it includes parking! (Correct me if I'm wrong).
That's just a total rip-off. I'm not surprised, but still not getting access to all parks (like Six Flags pass does) is just terrible.

As much as I don't want to believe it, having worked at Knott's, I can't say I'm surprised...

They bit off more than they could chew & tried being cheap about it as well. *sigh*

One of my favorite shots before it closed
1000009560.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I considered getting the Prestige Pass, until I found out that for the steep price for $400, it doesn;t include all of the Cedar Fair parks. You gotta pay extra for that perk. Even then I don't think it includes parking! (Correct me if I'm wrong).

It does include parking for the home park... and, for what it's worth, the new AP lounge, as well as one Front of Line pass per visit.

I don't believe it would include parking for other CF parks, unless you get the all-park pass... but I'm not as sure about that.