King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I wonder, if this is true and HTF has it right, would this be done to help placate Peter Jackson and help get his price down on LOTR movie rights for the theme park? We'll give you Skull Mountain, you give us LOTR. Ah but then the Tolkien Estate gets in the way of that. Hmmm.

So, will this be based off the recent King Kong movie? Like, will we see the Dinosaur, perhaps the Kong vs V-Rex fight?

I wish I could answer this but I cannot at the moment. To be totally honest there is just to much going on at the moment to keep on track, and the dates are all just out of whack! I'll try better to get some clarification to share.

Gotcha! Looking forward to the update (and hoping there is still good stuff for JP fans) when you can!

One of the biggest things that made Kongfrontation such a huge money pit was the fact that it had an extremely unreliable ride system, so that's obviously something Universal would avoid doing when making a new Kong attraction.
I'd have to argue that was probably my favorite ride system for an indoor dark ride though. Being lifted off the ground and the major major live sets and effects, oh love it much more than a simulator. Thats just me though.

My Abduction 2 cents :

Stitch Great Escape effect ?

>> Simple lights on - lights off effect :

- Our Guide ( or a comedian guest ) is on the RV

- lights off - RAPTOR or whatever SOUND EFFECT ala Stitch -

- Guy is gone

Quick , effective , off-guard , but not new ..

Guide gets abducted by Indian and then anger Indian takes us and then later on in the ride our guy swoops down from the ceiling and drop kicks the Indian dude out of the car!!!!:boxing::happy:

To save some on costs, would it be at all possible to repurpose the Trike AAs as creatures found on Skull Island?

I'm imagining a Kuka arm Kong swooping down and lifting the RV pulled off with the kuka in sync with a hydraulic lift under the RV.

My guess is our "guide" will be a pretty blonde thing. She gets captured early in the tour and at the end we see her in a primitive bikini when Kong shows up and all hell breaks loose.

And I guarantee that they will sell a boat load of monkey plush, maybe even giant insect plush. And don't forget the "Me in a Big Monkey Hand" photo op.

My guess is our "guide" will be a pretty blonde thing. She gets captured early in the tour and at the end we see her in a primitive bikini when Kong shows up and all hell breaks loose.

And I guarantee that they will sell a boat load of monkey plush, maybe even giant insect plush. And don't forget the "Me in a Big Monkey Hand" photo op.

OOoh. I didn't even think of that. A King Kong hand photo op would make loads of cash.

MIA: Finally you have the rider abduction. Yes its happening, but I never said where, when, or how. I will say this though, their will be NO contact of any effect, harness, or mechanics coming into contact with the RV nor the actor. I will also go as far as saying when it happens, its going to catch you completely off guard...

So by this you mean your guide will be abducted. If there is no contact whatsoever then how does this work?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the tour guide is on screen or is a musion of some sort? But probably and hopefully not. Just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.