King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HTF posted these tweets:

Did I mention that Kong is a 3D attraction with several projection scenes mixed in physical sets. The finale is a wrap around 3d kong battle
That should explain those budget questions to a degree. It also explains the space issues.Only time will tell if its built though
@Hanspgr I left out the 3d aspect so it didn't become a conversation about 3d. To my knowledge their will be no Kong AA

Incredibly disappointed by this news

The 3-D aspect is kinda important to mention when comparing a ride to Indy, the Great Movie Ride, and Kongfrontation, all rides that completely utilized fully-realized physical sets and animatronics......

Now the whole thing makes a lot more sense. And is more disappointing. I don't mind 3-D, but animatronics are better, and I think that's kinda what everyone was hoping for.

The 3-D aspect is kinda important to mention when comparing a ride to Indy, the Great Movie Ride, and Kongfrontation, all rides that completely utilized fully-realized physical sets and animatronics......

Uh, have you even been on Indy? a good 1/4 of that ride is nothing more than blakclight painted walls, and there are nothing close to great AAs in the ride, yet it's still one of the best rides in the world.

Plus, HTF has already said there will be sets in the new Kong.

Big AAs don't move realistically or reliably. I'd rather have a Kong that works than a Kong that's in disco mode for 6 years.

Uh, have you even been on Indy? a good 1/4 of that ride is nothing more than blakclight painted walls, and there are nothing close to great AAs in the ride, yet it's still one of the best rides in the world.

Plus, HTF has already said there will be sets in the new Kong.

Big AAs don't move realistically or reliably. I'd rather have a Kong that works than a Kong that's in disco mode for 6 years.

...have you ever been on it? :lol:

I never said they were great AA's. Blacklights or not (believe it or not, blacklights are the cornerstone for any dark ride so not sure what you're getting at there), there are still no projected images other than the bugs and rats...two very minor effects overall, not the landmark of the whole attraction.

I'm more of a proponent of 3-D than most, and I agree that it's better than nothing, but I'm also a huge proponent of physical effects/animatronics as well. Not all animatronics are doomed to fail--Universal could've pulled it off (as they did in the past). But I guess we'll take what we can get. It's still pretty disappointing.

Now the whole thing makes a lot more sense. And is more disappointing. I don't mind 3-D, but animatronics are better, and I think that's kinda what everyone was hoping for.
This.

I'm more of a proponent of 3-D than most, and I agree that it's better than nothing, but I'm also a huge proponent of physical effects/animatronics as well. Not all animatronics are doomed to fail--Universal could've pulled it off (as they did in the past). But I guess we'll take what we can get. It's still pretty disappointing.

How about waiting till it's done to say there's no physical effects, huh?

How about waiting till it's done to say there's no physical effects, huh?

...I never said there would be no physical effects. If you weren't so preoccupied with finding something to argue about with everyone all the time maybe you would get a lot more out of people's posts.

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally was really excited for a Kong animatronic and judging by the fact that the comparisons made to this proposed new ride featured no 3-D, I thought that was a reasonable expectation. A lot of others expressed disappointment at the thought of a Kong 360 clone. So yeah, load it up with all kinds of physical effects and that's very exciting, but the big ape being in 3-D changes the dynamic of the ride. Do I think it'll be complete crap now? No. Do I still wish animatronics were in the picture? Absolutely.

While, 3D is a bit disappointing, it's also a good thing, because with 3D you can pull of some amazing things, you couldn't do with AA's. Example, Kong jumping over our car to save us from something. This is what HTF meant by "Turtle Trek technology, Only Better". I'm sure we'll see some AA's, just not as many as we were hoping for originally.

He said no kong AA

To be fair, he never said there would be one in the first place.

I would have been fine if Kong was both on screen and an AA like the Disaster replacement was to be.

And how do you know there ever would have been a Kong AA in Disaster? You didn't.

I'm going to talk about this more on the podcast, but replies on this page are the other side of the "rumors" sword. Things come out and people proclaim them gospel before budgets, engineering, and other things are done, leading to unrealistic expectations and cries of "cheap" and "disappointing" before the ride even breaks ground.*

*Not talking about HTF here, just the people reading the rumors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.