KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wish Nintendo world had gone into kidzone simply because we would have had it by now and there are plenty of other Nintendo properties that could have gone into epic universe anyways.
It's a little unfortunate, but from a marketing standpoint it makes sense. Mario is the biggest Nintendo IP by far, and I imagine SNW will be at the forefront of the advertising for the new park.

I do wish Nintendo world had gone into kidzone simply because we would have had it by now and there are plenty of other Nintendo properties that could have gone into epic universe anyways.
It would've been a bit more fun for us imo if SNW had come to KZ as they would've had to find another headliner IP for the park. Possibly LOTR from Day 1? It would've filled a void of needing another big draw for an IP land.

It's a little unfortunate, but from a marketing standpoint it makes sense. Mario is the biggest Nintendo IP by far, and I imagine SNW will be at the forefront of the advertising for the new park.
I mean technically by sales Pokémon is significantly bigger, but I am pretty sure this has been talked about before. I know there is some complication in Nintendo being one of the owners in the Pokémon company and not controlling it outright though.

I mean technically by sales Pokémon is significantly bigger, but I am pretty sure this has been talked about before. I know there is some complication in Nintendo being one of the owners in the Pokémon company and not controlling it outright though.
I believe Nintendo only owns about 32% of The Pokemon Company. Outside of being exclusive to Nintendo systems, Pokémon operates independently from them in regards to anime, merchandise, and everything else. I imagine that if we ever get a Pokemon Land it will not fall under the Super Nintendo World banner.

Reactions: Coolbfitz and fryoj
I believe Nintendo only owns about 32% of The Pokemon Company. Outside of being exclusive to Nintendo systems, Pokémon operates independently from them in regards to anime, merchandise, and everything else. I imagine that if we ever get a Pokemon Land it will not fall under the Super Nintendo World banner.
I guess what we do not know for sure is did comcast lock down the Pokémon rights already.

So far Pokemon is for Japan only but I will wager a guess that if it does well at USJ plans will be fast tracked to bring it the US parks.
I was not aware there were actual Pokémon plans for japan at this time but I imagine if there are comcast has the rights for any of the parks.

I was not aware there were actual Pokémon plans for japan at this time but I imagine if there are comcast has the rights for any of the parks.
Currently the deal is only for USJ, but I imagine it would be possible to extend to the other parks. They announced "groundbreaking Pokémon entertainment", which currently has only materialized in their new daytime parade. A land and/or attraction has not been confirmed currently, although there are rumors a Pokémon attraction could be replacing their version of Spider-Man sometime in the future. It's also possible it could just be a show or an interactive experience, but I think that might be under-utilizing the IP given its major popularity.

Currently the deal is only for USJ, but I imagine it would be possible to extend to the other parks. They announced "groundbreaking Pokémon entertainment", which currently has only materialized in their new daytime parade. A land and/or attraction has not been confirmed currently, although there are rumors a Pokémon attraction could be replacing their version of Spider-Man sometime in the future. It's also possible it could just be a show or an interactive experience, but I think that might be under-utilizing the IP given its major popularity.
The Spider-Man retheme will happen as there was actually a job posting for Universal Creative that involves starting the job in Orlando and then moving to Osaka. While USJ will get just a reskin, I hope and think the other Universal parks will get bespoke built from scratch attractions.

The Spider-Man retheme will happen as there was actually a job posting for Universal Creative that involves starting the job in Orlando and then moving to Osaka. While USJ will get just a reskin, I hope and think the other Universal parks will get bespoke built from scratch attractions.
We need to stop saying things like “will happen” when all we’re going off is a job listing.

With the assumption that the KidZone replacement is opening next year - I'd have to imagine we'll start seeing some actual theming going in fairly soon. Even if it's somewhat of a retheme, a little over a year is a very quick turnaround!

Reactions: Coolbfitz
With the assumption that the KidZone replacement is opening next year - I'd have to imagine we'll start seeing some actual theming going in fairly soon. Even if it's somewhat of a retheme, a little over a year is a very quick turnaround!

Considering that this seemed to have been pushed forward a year or so, it wouldn't surprise me if they are a bit backed up when it comes to fabricating themed elements.

Though this shouldn't take too long to build once they have everything in place and ready for assembly.

Considering that this seemed to have been pushed forward a year or so, it wouldn't surprise me if they are a bit backed up when it comes to fabricating themed elements.

Though this shouldn't take too long to build once they have everything in place and ready for assembly.

The rumored build out of the Frisco, TX park is a little over a year, so 14 months for this seems about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.