KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

KidZone Replacement Rumors & Speculation (Pt 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is if you want something to not look cheaply done it’s going to cost a little money to make something presentable to the public.

Universal should have some standards by which it follows to maintain some thematic integrity.

The point is if you want something to not look cheaply done it’s going to cost a little money to make something presentable to the public.

Universal should have some standards by which it follows to maintain some thematic integrity.
I agree. The Shrek Swamp Meet looks great. All they did was paint a few places and added some walls lol

Debating over paint and new signs..

Has anyone seen what they've put into the Barney theater? Complete and utter garbage. Didn't even bother with new paint, instead went with a series of blue curtains and 3 flat screen TV's.

From the looks of it, seems as if it should've been an incredibly temporary attraction. It's been here for slightly over one year. How long will it last?

If Dreamworks Destination shows the amount of effort that they will put into a simple re-theme, then pleaseeeeee bulldoze the place instead of changing the existing attractions.

Debating over paint and new signs..

Has anyone seen what they've put into the Barney theater? Complete and utter garbage. Didn't even bother with new paint, instead went with a series of blue curtains and 3 flat screen TV's.

From the looks of it, seems as if it should've been an incredibly temporary attraction. It's been here for slightly over one year. How long will it last?

If Dreamworks Destination shows the amount of effort that they will put into a simple re-theme, then pleaseeeeee bulldoze the place instead of changing the existing attractions.
It's very temporary feeling

I can't believe that Kidzone outlasted the thread about Kidzone one day closing.

That Donkey looks terrible compared to the one in USH.

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX
If we’re gonna SNW this with multiple properties in one area…

Demo it all, including Animal Actors Theatre.

The Dreamworks logo with a cloud effect or physical thing there blocking the outside world, so, immersion.

Think Fantasy Springs, but Dreamworks.

To the left, Shrek’s Swap 4-D attraction (I’m not kidding) but more like It’s A Bugs Life, but with modern 2020 technology. Donkey AA to narrate the show.

River that goes thru the main area and is the starting point for a Trolls boat ride, similiar to KFP in Japan. Trolls area also holds small show similiar to what is Dreamworks Destination now, but, better and more immersive.

Re-theme (and slightly upgrade) Woody and Curious George area to a Bad Guys coaster. An IP that can likely fit in any setting.

Main courtyard/cloud area (lol) can be for Meet N Greets with all Dreamworks properties. Probably not HTTYD, but go to Epic Universe for that.

It’ll never happen.

The one thing, besides ET, that I would like to remain is Animal Actors Theater. It's one of the few live entertainment theaters still operating, since Sindbad-Toon & Fear Factor theaters are sitting there empty and vacant.
Universal has been too quick to shut down theaters, which are a nice alternative to relax and slow down. They're a plus for the overall enjoyment of a park and shouldn't be judged on their lesser capacity in relation to rides.
Balance in parks is important, and everything shouldn't be compared on a individual cost analysis alone. The whole experience is a value to guests and those non ride experiences are what makes the difference between
a 'true' theme park and the coaster & amusement parks.

Would it be nice to see rethemes (even if temporary) for the area? Yes, very much, but that's the thing- Temporary. They know they're razing this area to the ground probably within the next 5-10 years, so why spend the money on rethemes that aren't even going to be around that long.

Someone needs to give me a template of room I have to work with so I can dream up my idea in Photoshop

I'm thinking of the SNW 1.0 plans and it really works well when you plug and play Dreamworks in there

I also wonder if they're waiting on how the next lines of films do for their respective properties

I assume most of them are getting new releases and if they...Lightyear...then they wouldn't be great candidates at that time

Reactions: Nico
Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness

Pros:
- Indoors (why has this not happened yet?)
- Unique to Orlando
- Preserves the spirit of KidZone
- Based on a relevant IP with global appeal
- Helps establish thematic consistency with HTTYD at Epic Universe (you now have major DreamWorks Animation-based lands at both properties)
- Introduces a new family-friendly attraction to KidZone's former plot in Kung Fu Panda: Journey of the Dragon Warrior

Cons:
- It's... more expensive than just re-skinning what already exists?

Pros:
- Unique to Orlando
- Helps establish thematic consistency with HTTYD at Epic Universe (you now have major DreamWorks Animation-based lands at both properties)
- Introduces a new family-friendly attraction to KidZone's former plot in Kung Fu Panda: Journey of the Dragon Warrior

Cons:

If they could significantly "plus" the ride compared to the version in Beijing, I'd be in favor of this.

Pros:
- Unique to Orlando

Cons:
Personally, I would rather see Panda in IOA, I think Land of Awesomeness would fit really well there

As far as indoor lands, I'm really not sure the reasons we haven't gotten more of those

I mean, Epcot is basically the only park with major indoor "lands" (Mexico, old Wonders, The Land)

There is probably a reason, but I don't know why

Also....

Saw Alicia's latest video for Kidzone. She mentions a modern take on a DreamWorks land that would replace KZ would include a dark ride of some sort based on Trolls. Anyone on this thread have any Idea if it will be a a track or trackless?

Saw Alicia's latest video for Kidzone. She mentions a modern take on a DreamWorks land that would replace KZ would include a dark ride of some sort based on Trolls. Anyone on this thread have any Idea if it will be a a track or trackless?
I think it’s been rumored they’re not doing trackless rides since Kong is a lot of work for them, hence why SLOP got switched to an omnimover in Hollywood.

Reactions: TheUniC6
That video sounds more like speculation than her other rumor videos.
I think it’s been rumored they’re not doing trackless rides since Kong is a lot of work for them, hence why SLOP got switched to an omnimover in Hollywood.
The great trackless massacre of the mid 2010s. RIP Lorax, SLOP 0.5, Monsters Drive-in, MoM Trackless, and presumably many others :sadwave:

Status
Not open for further replies.