Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 835 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hagrid is 1800 to1900 per hour. that's not bad. it's been more reliable since the covid closure.
I have question about Hagrid's. I have ridden it 5-6 times since the COVID shut down. Every time I end up in the right side drop track.

Has ANYONE ridden Hagride since the closure and gotten the left side drop track?

My guess is capacity between 1,400 and 1,600. Maverick's capacity is around 1,200 pph, although El Toro Ryan says that it is closer to 980 pph. Taron is also listed at 1,200 pph. I am certain that UNI has taken steps to find ways to increase that capacity, perhaps through the last two elongated sections that you go through just prior to entering the station.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Bringing this back to VC, lets work backwards here. If Universal is looking for around 2,000 theoretical guests an hour with 24 guests a train that means they need to dispatch a new train every 83.3 seconds. That means a new train will have to pull up, unload if it hadn't before, load, restraint check, safety check, and dispatch. The actual dispatch interval would need to be whatever the longest section of block break is, so no section of coaster can be longer than 80 seconds (first launch to right before second launch, second launch to final break run, etc).

Bringing this back to VC, lets work backwards here. If Universal is looking for around 2,000 theoretical guests an hour with 24 guests a train that means they need to dispatch a new train every 83.3 seconds. That means a new train will have to pull up, unload if it hadn't before, load, restraint check, safety check, and dispatch. The actual dispatch interval would need to be whatever the longest section of block break is, so no section of coaster can be longer than 80 seconds (first launch to right before second launch, second launch to final break run, etc).

You missed a step with your math. For 2000, they'd have to cycle 83.3 trains an hour. That's a train dispatched every 43-ish seconds.

I haven't really followed too closely on this. Does this have a single unload/load station?

You missed a step with your math. For 2000, they'd have to cycle 83.3 trains an hour. That's a train dispatched every 43-ish seconds.

I haven't really followed too closely on this. Does this have a single unload/load station?

Oh wow yeah, god I just need to go to bed now don't I? lol

Single Load/Unload station. I believe, based on simulations and block zone times, they are aiming for 48 second dispatches which will hit 1800 riders per hour (theoretical). That's a round number Universal seems to like (Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Spider man, Transformers all have that same capacity).

I have question about Hagrid's. I have ridden it 5-6 times since the COVID shut down. Every time I end up in the right side drop track.

Has ANYONE ridden Hagride since the closure and gotten the left side drop track?
The 5 or so times(post covid) i have rode we zipped through the que. It's been nearly continuously moving. Before it was quite the slow procession. I'm sure Velocicoaster will be more reliable and similar throughput.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Well there goes my theory. But that is good to know. Thanks.
During the closure, they did some much needed work on the ride system. There's a capacity of 12 trains it was originally designed for, but they were only able to run all 12 just a few times before there were issues and it would've caused the ride to shut completely down. At the moment they can run up to 11 and have no issues whatsoever. As I understand it, they're working on the timing of the trains that will allow all 12 to run reliably.

Yeah, the only sightline issue here is from Three Broomsticks. Thankfully I never really eat there, but I can't imagine it won't be somewhat a distraction. However, I do appreciate that they're using practically every inch they can in their parks to fit in new rides lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.