Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could swear we used to be able to see at least one brachiosaur from here.  Getting reskinned elsewhere, perhaps?

JurassicPark_022816_1.jpg

Very interesting about the Brach. Thats a big reskin job then...

Do you guys know when the ride will be open again in March? Not getting my hopes up but I'm going to be at the park on Sunday. 

I was viewing IU's 1997 JPRA video and noticed almost the entire comments section is people stunned on how better the animatronics looked back then instead of what it is now. So, clearly people can tell. 

I really hope the popularity of Jurassic World gets this attraction the long-overdue attention that it desperately needs.

I thought this may be of interest, so I joined to share:

Universal Creative traveled to Melbourne Australia late last year to visit the Creature Technology Company and view their work for Jurassic World the Exhibition. They were very pleased and excited by what they saw - but I'm not sure what this means now, or in the long run..

Perhaps updated Raptor Encounter suits, new AA's, or simply using them to retheme the dino skins with film accuracy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Alexshow.
I thought this may be of interest, so I joined to share:

Universal Creative traveled to Melbourne Australia late last year to visit the Creature Technology Company and view their work for Jurassic World the Exhibition. They were very pleased and excited by what they saw - but I'm not sure what this means now, or in the long run..

Perhaps updated Raptor Encounter suits, new AA's, or simply using them to retheme the dino skins with film accuracy?

To also put this; Creature Technology seems to be the company that's going to be responsible for the AA's in Skull Island: Reign of Kong so if anything; its just them probably being sure that Kong will not have AA issues in the future..

What makes you interesting; is that you mentoned this on OU being possibly; just the Hollywood branch of UC. That makes me think that there may be something on the horizon, but for now; I don't want to have hope.

Also; IU has reported that JPRA has officially re-opened with mainly minor changes.

It could spark a interesting joke to me; that the T-Rex is floating in the air now..whats next, he can walk on water to be some sort of god!?!

Edit: ...mother of god, he has invaded DC.

ufTsnEm.png

I really like how the the new skins look on the Jurassic Park ride! Especially the Ultimatosaurus and the Dilophosaurs! Really looks a lot more vibrant.

Great video! I wonder if there are any lighting upgrades on the ride? I guess the park needs to be open past sunset to find out. 

I hope so! I didn't see any major new fixtures, but I know a lot of audio was worked on. Perhaps some lighting was revised as well.

I really like how the the new skins look on the Jurassic Park ride! Especially the Ultimatosaurus and the Dilophosaurs! Really looks a lot more vibrant.

Apparently they only painted most the skins a different shade. We'll do some digging to confirm, but as a whole, the ride looks a lot fresher than it did in 2015.

Has the brake system after the drop been toned down or removed? In the 2015 video, it seems like the boat is slowed down a bit after it reaches the lagoon. In the 2016 video, the boat seems to glide right under that stairway and over to the unloading zone.

I hope so! I didn't see any major new fixtures, but I know a lot of audio was worked on. Perhaps some lighting was revised as well.

Apparently they only painted most the skins a different shade. We'll do some digging to confirm, but as a whole, the ride looks a lot fresher than it did in 2015.

So its repaints as opposed to reskins? Still interesting although not as thorough as I had hoped i would admit.

The animatronics obviously are still not up to old standards, but at least they look good. The ride looks good.

Thumbs up to Universal for putting in at least some effort.

Has the brake system after the drop been toned down or removed? In the 2015 video, it seems like the boat is slowed down a bit after it reaches the lagoon. In the 2016 video, the boat seems to glide right under that stairway and over to the unloading zone.

The new track feels like you're gliding across as you make that turn into the unloading station. It's a new sensation, that's for sure.