Jaws the Ride Reboot?? | Inside Universal Forums

Jaws the Ride Reboot??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 11, 2015
Oxford, MS
Hey guys AmitySam here, and this is my first post so bear with me. As you can tell by my name, I was/am a huge fan of the Jaws attraction at USF, and like most, was heart broken when it got shut down. You can say whatever you want about how awesome and revolutionary Diagon Alley is and I would agree. It is simply amazing, and I'm not here to say any differently. No matter what though, Universal's decision to close down this ride left an a gaping 40mm grenade launcher shell sized hole in my heart. But with the recent announcement of bringing back a King Kong ride, It has shed some optimism into me. I'm not sure exactly what prompted them to make a decision to bring back a, not the Kong ride, but classic Universal fans sure are excited, as am I. Kind of on a tangent here, so let me get back to my point: Universal's creative team is obviously not completely shut off to the idea of bringing back an old ride and updating it, so what are the likelihood of that happening to my beloved Captain Jake Amity Boat Tours? I know one could argue that the reason they're opening a new Kong ride is because of the recent movie coming out and that there hasn't been a Jaws movie since 1975 (I'm not counting the sequels because those are an embarrassment to the Jaws franchise) so it wouldn't be practical to build a ride based off a movie made so long ago, but hey, one can dream. The Jaws Ride has a huge cult following that could be argued being bigger that the Kongfrontation fan base so I'm positive most classical Universal fans would love the reboot. So let me know what you guys think on the subject, and if you would have any ideas for the potential reopeningt!

Thank you so much for reading

[HASHTAG]#BringBackTheBite[/HASHTAG]

I envisioned it coming back in the 3rd Gate (not the waterpark)...Only this time enclosed and with more effects/crazy moments...and during a storm...but I know nothing..

If Kong is successful, which I'm not sure why it wouldn't be, it will open the door for rides like JAWS to return

I envisioned it coming back in the 3rd Gate (not the waterpark)...Only this time enclosed and with more effects/crazy moments...and during a storm...but I know nothing..

If Kong is successful, which I'm not sure why it wouldn't be, it will open the door for rides like JAWS to return

Hey guys AmitySam here, and this is my first post so bear with me. As you can tell by my name, I was/am a huge fan of the Jaws attraction at USF, and like most, was heart broken when it got shut down. You can say whatever you want about how awesome and revolutionary Diagon Alley is and I would agree. It is simply amazing, and I'm not here to say any differently. No matter what though, Universal's decision to close down this ride left an a gaping 40mm grenade launcher shell sized hole in my heart. But with the recent announcement of bringing back a King Kong ride, It has shed some optimism into me. I'm not sure exactly what prompted them to make a decision to bring back a, not the Kong ride, but classic Universal fans sure are excited, as am I. Kind of on a tangent here, so let me get back to my point: Universal's creative team is obviously not completely shut off to the idea of bringing back an old ride and updating it, so what are the likelihood of that happening to my beloved Captain Jake Amity Boat Tours? I know one could argue that the reason they're opening a new Kong ride is because of the recent movie coming out and that there hasn't been a Jaws movie since 1975 (I'm not counting the sequels because those are an embarrassment to the Jaws franchise) so it wouldn't be practical to build a ride based off a movie made so long ago, but hey, one can dream. The Jaws Ride has a huge cult following that could be argued being bigger that the Kongfrontation fan base so I'm positive most classical Universal fans would love the reboot. So let me know what you guys think on the subject, and if you would have any ideas for the potential reopeningt!

Thank you so much for reading

#BringBackTheBite

You know, I was DEVISTATED when Kongfrontation closed. it was the most realistic ride I had ever been on. The Tram, the Oversized Ape, The Subway things, absolutely loved it. It was the movie! Same with Jaws ! It was the movie. The skippers MADE Jaws!!! Touring a miniature Amity was something I had to do EVERY TIME i went to Universal. I Can't help but have a crying spot in my heart. It HAS to return and would be an awesome addition to the theme park IMO. Sure you could go with it at a water park, but if it's not a coaster based ride or attraction based ride (Not a water slide ) then I don't want to see it at a Water Park.

I have some negative thoughts about Universal, but none that would ever stop me from wanting to go. I will say removing Jaws was close though.
BTTF and Kong were strike 1

Dueling Dragons and Jaws were strike 2

..Lets not hope for strike 3, I'd really be miserable lol.

But I'll be dreaming right along with you. I always thought Jaws made more sense at Island of adventure as a Submarine ride or something ......

Reactions: tankart150
You know, I was DEVISTATED when Kongfrontation closed. it was the most realistic ride I had ever been on. The Tram, the Oversized Ape, The Subway things, absolutely loved it. It was the movie! Same with Jaws ! It was the movie. The skippers MADE Jaws!!! Touring a miniature Amity was something I had to do EVERY TIME i went to Universal. I Can't help but have a crying spot in my heart. It HAS to return and would be an awesome addition to the theme park IMO. Sure you could go with it at a water park, but if it's not a coaster based ride or attraction based ride (Not a water slide ) then I don't want to see it at a Water Park.

I have some negative thoughts about Universal, but none that would ever stop me from wanting to go. I will say removing Jaws was close though.
BTTF and Kong were strike 1

Dueling Dragons and Jaws were strike 2

..Lets not hope for strike 3, I'd really be miserable lol.

But I'll be dreaming right along with you. I always thought Jaws made more sense at Island of adventure as a Submarine ride or something ......

The parks will always be ever changing in their design and intention...it's good...

Unlike Epcot, we can rest easy knowing everything will be replaced by something better..

I understand JAWS was a great attraction, but there is no denying that what is there now has upped the game..

Universal doesn't waste their space..

Mt two fav rides at USF were Jaws and T2. I was very sad when Jaws left and at the time very anti potter because it took over Jaws. I have come to love potter now but I would love for Jaws to come back in some way one of these years. I know T2 closing is coming one day because its one of the few older attractions left and that day will be another sad one for me.

Kong is comming back not in the least that it's a clasical universal monster, now and then some decent Kong movies are made and a new one is on it's way.
Jaws was (in the franchise) a one hit wonder. The secuals where bad and the rip offs where also bad. No one will even try to remake it and rightly so because it was one awesome movie from 1975.
A theme park like Universal will Always try to make their ip's as interesting for as much guests as possible. There is a huge demografic that has never seen the movie and probably will never wanne see it (they rather watch Pasific Rim or whatever). So it's not relevant.
Sure the ride was great but was at the end of it's lifecycle and rebuilding it would cost as much as Potter and wouldn't have done a thing for Universal. So cherish the memories and enjoy all the new stuff. It's like Walt said, this park will never be finished...oh wait.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Kong is comming back not in the least that it's a clasical universal monster, now and then some decent Kong movies are made and a new one is on it's way.
Jaws was (in the franchise) a one hit wonder. The secuals where bad and the rip offs where also bad. No one will even try to remake it and rightly so because it was one awesome movie from 1975.
A theme park like Universal will Always try to make their ip's as interesting for as much guests as possible. There is a huge demografic that has never seen the movie and probably will never wanne see it (they rather watch Pasific Rim or whatever). So it's not relevant.
Sure the ride was great but was at the end of it's lifecycle and rebuilding it would cost as much as Potter and wouldn't have done a thing for Universal. So cherish the memories and enjoy all the new stuff. It's like Walt said, this park will never be finished...oh wait.

Well, I would argue that a single film can stand on its own and become a classic...I also believe JAWS is very well known by many (ride and movie)..

I would also argue that people wouldn't mind seeing it back, it is one of those movies that is a classic..

We exist in the age of the 'tentpole' franchise *shudders*, and that does sometimes take the lead...

Mt two fav rides at USF were Jaws and T2. I was very sad when Jaws left and at the time very anti potter because it took over Jaws. I have come to love potter now but I would love for Jaws to come back in some way one of these years. I know T2 closing is coming one day because its one of the few older attractions left and that day will be another sad one for me.

I refused Harry Potter for a while when it removed Jaws even threatened not to renew my annual pass.
I dont love Harry Potter nor Gringotts but I like it alot as an addition. The creativity of Universal Creative is sexy.
I dont visit Diagon Alley every trip but I am gratefully appreciative for the expansion and what it represents as a whole for Universal.

I don't think you'll ever see it for one big reason: Space. Jaws was gigantic, as evidence by how much awesomeness has been built on top of where it once stood. Universal doesn't have the space to do something like that again.

I don't think you'll ever see it for one big reason: Space. Jaws was gigantic, as evidence by how much awesomeness has been built on top of where it once stood. Universal doesn't have the space to do something like that again.
I argue that the Jaws system was a financial crisis itself more so than space. I Say that because Diagon Could have sent in other spaces. Look at Kong. Kong takes up a huge Space but didnt come back in the same form and it also didnt replace an attraction.. If Jaws returns as a ride it won't likely be in the same form with the boat and Amity Island. Then again Skip, it's Universal. So you could definitely be right about that. For now I'll remain hopeful lol

I argue that the Jaws system was a financial crisis itself more so than space. I Say that because Diagon Could have sent in other spaces. Look at Kong. Kong takes up a huge Space but didnt come back in the same form and it also didnt replace an attraction.. If Jaws returns as a ride it won't likely be in the same form with the boat and Amity Island. Then again Skip, it's Universal. So you could definitely be right about that. For now I'll remain hopeful lol

Before:

SLkNz5o.png

After:

tG0WKjA.png

The Amity land itself didn't take up much space, the ride was a behemoth.

I totally forgot about the funnel cakes and other goodies they had there :( Now I'm missing it all over again.

I don't see Jaws coming back. I'm sorry for sounding negative, but I'm not sure if I even want it to come back. I loved Jaws while it was at Universal, but what could Universal Creative do if they were to bring Jaws back? With Kong, they had other possibilities. With Jaws, the possibilities are limited, and a new movie isn't coming out in the future.

Am I the only one who doesn't miss Jaws at all? I don't see any reason for it to come back in any way.