Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
Brian - It is not my opinion though. Has the ride been open for 3 months or has it not? Have other rides experienced these problems within their first 6 months of opening? Both answers to those are yes. I agree it was a mishandling on the part of Universal Marketing, but that does not determine the overall effectiveness and success of HRRR.

Kevin - If your opinion is based on faulty and incomplete criteria, it is compromised therefore useless. Your thoughts on why it is a failure are problems that every ride experiences in it's first months in being open. Again, there are kinks to be worked out. How can you come to a conclusion when the full product is not complete? You can't. And if you do, your opinion isn't worth anything because you based it on things that haven't been worked out yet. How is that not a fact? Everything hasn't been worked out so how has the ride been experienced as intended?

It's downright stupid to call something a failure before it's rewards have yet to even show. Like I said and will continue to say, it is impossibly to logically call this thing a failure, opinion or not, because it is not in a fully operational state. It can be a letdown, or a delight, but not a failure or success until more time passes. The marketing was a failure, but overall, it is neither yet.

I would really like to know on how much longer you are willing to wait until you can finally conclude that HRRR is either a Sucess or a Failure. :p

-Cusi

I would really like to know on how much longer you are willing to wait until you can finally conclude that HRRR is either a Sucess or a Failure. :p

-Cusi

We agreed on 6 months.

It should take that long to iron out most of the problems (i.e. rough trains, magic carpet, a new lift hill banner).

We agreed on 6 months.

It should take that long to iron out most of the problems (i.e. rough trains, magic carpet, a new lift hill banner).

6 months seems agreeable.

Hopefully Universal does indeed iron out the problems as you metioned, but you did forget the other problem...

THERE'S NO STORYLINE! :mad:

-Cusi

6 months seems agreeable.

Hopefully Universal does indeed iron out the problems as you metioned, but you did forget the other problem...

THERE'S NO STORYLINE! :mad:

-Cusi

It's a stretch but there is a storyline:

Your producing a music video that stars you.

Not the greatest of them all but at least they tried, and it does tie in "Production Central". :lol:

It really does not matter if it is an operational state or not, Ralph. If something that was rushed into opening has problems soon after opening that seem to have not been looked at as of recently gives one the right to label it a failure. Therefore, it is not impossible to logically call Rockit a failure.

So if a ride is broken down, you can automatically assume it's a failure? SMH.

Like me and Bri agreed on, 6 months I give this thing before I deem it success or failure.

I actually went towards the failure side of things...for 2 main reasons really.

1. Vallying is a big big problem. Some might say oh it's only done it 3 times....ummm yeah I can see once being forgivable...but 3 times in 3 months? yeah...no....boils down to poor design.

2. I'll admit, I'm a big guy...not huge, but not teensy either. I can fit on most rides, except for the coasters at IoA, and now this one. Several of my friends are in the same boat as me...they're not that big, and they're not able to fit. Why did they design it so the fit was so small? I'm an engineer....I've spent a lot of time working for theme parks and contracting companies. Hell in my little bit of free time I've been trying to work on a new, inexpensive design for a seat and restraint system that everyone can ride in. It's really not that hard to design a restraint system that accommodates guests of larger size. More expensive, of course, but not really all that much more. Plus this would allow for a more family-friendly experience and might draw more people into the park, with them having the knowledge that the rides aren't going to alienate a portion of your guests...would probably attract more people in....and a 6'6" height limit? BAD DESIGN.

We agreed on 6 months.

Eh, I'm highly doubting that the Vertical Hill Banner is going to make another appearance. Its bisected twice due to just weather problems. Since our state is an outlet for severe weather, and the fact that they've already tried to replace it, its not going to dawn on us again. Just my predication/ 0.02 cents, but at this point in the HRRR Lifespan, it doesn't look like they'll be placing another decorative banner on the starboard side.

Even with the problems I voted success. I am sure the kinks will get worked out, and after the newness wears off the lines will be tolerable. I don't ever see this ride being as popular as Mummy, but it should, in the long run, be a nice, fun thing to do while at the park.

Then shouldn't you have voted with "too early to tell?"

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Any ways... I just read all of the posts on this thread.... and it is getting waaaay too philosophical for me lol.

Facts should be more important than opinions, though o_O

Last edited:
I mean... my main beef against the ride was something I knew before they even started constructing it: the block brakes

There are way too many of them. I realize that more block brakes = more trains on the track at the same time, but I don't like them. For me, it takes away from the ride... especially when there are 4 of them!

Music is a nice addition, but it can't save a coaster...

I mean... my main beef against the ride was something I knew before they even started constructing it: the block brakes

There are way too many of them. I realize that more block brakes = more trains on the track at the same time, but I don't like them. For me, it takes away from the ride... especially when there are 4 of them!

Music is a nice addition, but it can't save a coaster...

That is what also killed it for me as well. When I saw videos of it testing, I kept thinking how slow the ride looked. It wasn't until I actually got there and saw it in action where I realized it really was that slow. Every time I was about to really enjoy myself on Rockit I would come to a break run and lost all momentum.

On the topic of Universal failing, this was taken off their website.
HolidaysIsIncluded.jpg

"Holidays" is the name of the event, so Universal is grammatically correct. If it were talking about Holidays in general, then you would be correct.

Well I looked up to see if the event was holidays but it seems that Universal spells it both Holidays and Holiday's.
http://www.universalorlando.com/Eve...ew.aspx?ComponentId=11330&SourcePageId=7805#5
Drag your mouse over Holidays at Universal.
And here is the ticket page for the Holiday pass.
http://www.universalorlando.com/Eve...rs.aspx?ComponentId=11709&SourcePageId=7805#5