IoA Soundtrack | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

IoA Soundtrack

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That really is quite beautiful. The music composer deserves just as much credit -- if not more -- than the attraction designers when it comes to creating an emotional memory of a place.

William kid did a wonderful job at IOA. I can't believe he isn't more popular than he appears to be.
I wonder if we will see him work again on the parks...? I guess the thing with IPs like potter is the music is already done... Although Kidd did re work JP's theme.

Well it'd be a bit of a crime if he didn't compose something for the third gate :thumbs:

Sorry for the double post, but I simply had to share this excellent new recording of the IOA Entrance Loop which I found last night. It is a 20 minute recording of the loop which plays in the IOA Bridge / Lighthouse / Turnstiles area:

[video=youtube;fpHHBBSfJkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fpHHBBSfJkg[/video]

This seems to only have been posted a couple of weeks ago, and it's an absolute gem. It brings me right back to strolling into Port of Entry at 8am with hardly anyone around, with just the beautiful sound of this music echoing through the trees. Fantastic.

Oh my Goodness, thank you SO much for posting! What a find! It has the music I've been looking for forever (starts around 16:55). It couldn't have come at a better time, I fly out tomorrow to spend the next 5 days there. THANKS!

Glad to be of service, everyone... But in case the uploader ever happens upon this thread: our real thanks go to you! :cheers:

Last edited:
It's no problem, really :thumbs:

Welcome to OU! :spidey:

Here's something though, despite loving IOA's music and obsessing over all the different in-park loops ect, I've never actually looked at the differences between the versions of the soundtrack CD. What's different?

Here's something though, despite loving IOA's music and obsessing over all the different in-park loops ect, I've never actually looked at the differences between the versions of the soundtrack CD. What's different?

Main differences is that there are certain tracks that didn't make it on the 2000 version...I believe Toon Walk was one of them...also the Flying Unicorn theme is on the 2000 edition as it was a new ride at that time, otherwise it is pretty much the same

Ah, I thought it might just be tracklist. I think I've ended up with an amalgamation of all of them.

PS This channel is AMAZING! They have so much audio from the parks including the old soundtrack. Definitely hit that subscribe button!

I really appreciate all of the love, guys! :thumbs: I'm happy to provide it. I'm just glad UOR is getting recognized for an aspect that unfortunately often goes unnoticed, and I hope it builds excitement in those who are anticipating a vacation to the parks in the near future!

As for differences, much of the difference between, say, the 1999 and 2000 releases of the soundtrack are simply track listings. For example, since Storm Force Accelatron and The Flying Unicorn opened in 2000, "The Force of Storm" and "The Flying Unicorn" were added to the 2000 release.

There are some subtle differences between later releases of songs. For example, Merlinwood Plaza (or Merlin Woods Plaza) is noticeably different on the Soundtrack Sampler compared to the 2000 Soundtrack.

Merlin Woods Plaza - 2000 Soundtrack
Merlinwood Plaza - Soundtrack Sampler

And for each of the four released discs, I scanned them fully, including their track listing, and linked to the images in the video descriptions. But for the sake of convenience (and because Orlando United is just an awesome community :thumbs:), here are direct links to the CD back scans.

1999 Soundtrack
2000 Soundtrack