Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I personally haven't heard anything other than Indy stunt show getting Demo'd. Phase 3 is looking like Incredibles or Monsters. Phase 4 isn't a sure thing, but early talk is that they are leaning towards a Disney property, meaning not a property that they have bought (Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm).

I personally haven't heard anything other than Indy stunt show getting Demo'd. Phase 3 is looking like Incredibles or Monsters. Phase 4 isn't a sure thing, but early talk is that they are leaning towards a Disney property, meaning not a property that they have bought (Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm).
GotG is a possibility for Phase 4 (depends on how well the sequel does) but Disney IPs are the current front runners.

no im pretty sure were getting an Indy ride in some sort of fashion Disney is building a new stage by rrc so they can send them cheerleaders there and demo the stunt show and you know there is just no way Disney can own something as big as Indy and not have him in the park in some sort of fashion and i dont mean a meet and great

no im pretty sure were getting an Indy ride in some sort of fashion Disney is building a new stage by rrc so they can send them cheerleaders there and demo the stunt show and you know there is just no way Disney can own something as big as Indy and not have him in the park in some sort of fashion and i dont mean a meet and great
I believe the IP is in the running for phase 4, but isn't a front runner.

Disney hasn't executed a phase two of a project in decades, why are we looking forward to the a phase four?

The same reason people have been speculating for years what is going on the MIB plot. It is fun and probably none of the ideas we are talking about now will happen. Phase 4 would be so far out that who knows what will be popular in the Disney world of IPs. So even if it does happen, it probably won't be the IPs we are talking about. Another Frozen could pop up.

I think there will be a Phase 3, because we know 1 & 2 are happening for sure. Also, because the park will have extra land after phase 1 & 2 based on the changes they are making and things that can go bye bye. But I am not sure it will happen right after Phase 2. I am wondering if they might tackle some other parks before moving onto phase 3. So I see probably at least 5 years between completion of Star Wars and Phase 3. So phase 4 would be really out there. But I do think the infrastructure changes they are making now are with a phase 3 and 4 in the plans eventually. I think they learned their lesson to not land lock themselves like they originally did.

Keep in mind at the beginning of 2016 they will have 3 things in their resort under construction. Pandora, Toy Story, and Frozen. This is pretty different for Disney from what we have seen in the past. 3 different parks 3 different projects all happening at the same time. So I have more faith under the current management team that things are going to change. If rumors are true, by the end of 2016 Star Wars will start up too.

Also, when is the new film for Soarin occurring? The only park not being touched is MK and most likely because it just got stuff and got the hub re-do. I think that will be tackled after Star Wars which is doing something with Tomorrowland. That place needs the most help right now.

Last edited:
The same reason people have been speculating for years what is going on the MIB plot. It is fun and probably none of the ideas we are talking about now will happen. Phase 4 would be so far out that who knows what will be popular in the Disney world of IPs. So even if it does happen, it probably won't be the IPs we are talking about. Another Frozen could pop up.

I think there will be a Phase 3, because we know 1 & 2 are happening for sure. Also, because the park will have extra land after phase 1 & 2 based on the changes they are making and things that can go bye bye. But I am not sure it will happen right after Phase 2. I am wondering if they might tackle some other parks before moving onto phase 3. So I see probably at least 5 years between completion of Star Wars and Phase 3. So phase 4 would be really out there. But I do think the infrastructure changes they are making now are with a phase 3 and 4 in the plans eventually. I think they learned their lesson to not land lock themselves like they originally did.

Keep in mind at the beginning of 2016 they will have 3 things in their resort under construction. Pandora, Toy Story, and Frozen. This is pretty different for Disney from what we have seen in the past. 3 different parks 3 different projects all happening at the same time. So I have more faith under the current management team that things are going to change. If rumors are true, by the end of 2016 Star Wars will start up too.

Also, when is the new film for Soarin occurring? The only park not being touched is MK and most likely because it just got stuff and got the hub re-do. I think that will be tackled after Star Wars which is doing something with Tomorrowland. That place needs the most help right now.
IIRC Phase 3 is planned to start construction in 2018 when Star Wars is nearly finished for a 2020 open. They already have the budget, they just need to figure out the ride(s). Disney has already confirmed a 2016 start for SW construction and word on Magic is it should be underway by the fall.

IIRC Phase 3 is planned to start construction in 2018 when Star Wars is nearly finished for a 2020 open. They already have the budget, they just need to figure out the ride(s). Disney has already confirmed a 2016 start for SW construction and word on Magic is it should be underway by the fall.

Plans can change. I have no doubt construction will start in 2016 and will be ready for opening in late 2018. But I still have my doubts on whether phase 3 will start right away. We will see. That is just too far off to say it will start. Budgets can move somewhere else, we have seen it happen before.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life

Missing my point. A phase 2 designed while phase 1 is still being designed nearly always never open. Western River, Africa, Maroon Studios and Muppet Movie Ride, and Beastley Kingdome come to mind. Not saying more attractions won't be added, but speculating to PHASE 4 is incredibly premature IMHO

So are you saying this phase 1 and 2 are not opening? Because that would be foolish to say. Yes, Disney doesn't have the best track record, but again I will say leadership is everything. Seems they have better leadership now. Action says everything and having 4 things under construction at one time is VERY new to Disney. So phase 4 could come at some point.

This is more than a phase 1, phase 2, etc. project IMHO. If we look at the commitment from a resource and $$ perspective at how DCA was executed, I would expect the same to be true of the work at DHS. This is a multi-year, multi-phase transformation of the park. I agree that after TSL and SW they may take a break, but there will be more work done after these to finish the job, especially after the Pandora/ROL resources are freed up.

Missing my point. A phase 2 designed while phase 1 is still being designed nearly always never open. Western River, Africa, Maroon Studios and Muppet Movie Ride, and Beastley Kingdome come to mind. Not saying more attractions won't be added, but speculating to PHASE 4 is incredibly premature IMHO
So you're saying people can't speculate? as Izzy said, it's just fun to speculate about these things and it doesn't hurt anyone so why make a big deal about it?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
its not that you cant guess its just Disney changes its mind very often new fantasy-land changed at-least three times before we got the one we have now

Disney changes its mind very often new fantasy-land changed at-least three times before we got the one we have now
Agreed, the original concept was totally princess and fairies then they expanded the Dumbo/circus theme and added the 7DMR in an attempt to appeal to boys.
In this case, I think the changes may be driven more by the relative strength of IPs as the project progresses. With the addition of the Incredibles and Cars movies to the release roster I would think this may have some effect on the later phases. Although I like the idea of a superhero based section with Incredibles, BH6, and maybe even GoG.

its not that you cant guess its just Disney changes its mind very often new fantasy-land changed at-least three times before we got the one we have now

Universal changes their minds too and people still speculate. Look at Kidzone, people speculated all over the place and insiders talked about this and that. People said it would never be Nintendo including some insiders and look we are getting Nintendo. Transformers was rumored to be a permanent haunt. Budget cuts sometimes happen at Universal and things don't work as originally intended. But people still speculate and no one ever says, why speculate when it may never happen? So why say that about Disney?

There will most likely be a phase 3 and yes, Disney could change their mind on what it is and where it is, but it is still fun to try and "figure" out what they will do. Let's face it, Disney is doing more now. No one can deny that. We can say it is way later than it should be (could have said the same thing about Uni when they did Phase one HP), but they are doing stuff. Their mentality IS changing. When was the last time we saw 4 things under construction in 3 different parks at one time? That will be the case at the beginning of 2o16 (Pandora, Toy Story, Frozen, and Soarin). When Frozen and Soarin open, Star Wars will begin. So we will sill have 3 things in 2 parks under construction. And the construction doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. My guess is that something will begin in Epcot in 2017 or 2018 when Frozen capacity is shot and they need more in that park. I see a make over for Epcot occurring for good or bad at some point after they get HS fixed a little. I say good or bad, because I feel like the direction that Epcot will go may not make some people very happy.

Speculation is cool. If we only went on established announced facts we'd hardly ever have anything to discuss on the forums. And as Izzy says, things change. Last year I had some extra time one week so I read back to the front on some attraction threads. I was surprised how off base a few insiders were at the early stages of discussion on some projects. Their opinions and info evolved over time and in the end they were close but at the beginning stages they weren't. And, of course, Universal & Disney change their minds too during the process. So there's no harm in discussing anything until it's built and running.

People are talking about plans for starting construction of Phase Three already. There's a difference between speculating what could come and trying to laying out a plan for the whole park trying to think it's inside info.

When such definitive language is used people assume it's happening, they don't know the community. See UOR third park stuff, DHS rumors prior to D23, and Phase 3 & Phase 4 talk.

Pump the breaks guys, chill. Don't get ahead of ourselves. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: twebber55