Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah

Its like the head of DC saying he Loves the Flash movie.....well duh you want people to see it

I also saw that They will have about 30 mins of Harrion Ford being De aged.

Reactions: belloq87
I'm not as surprised as I rewatch the films

They are fun but.....also very old school in terms of the plot and characters and if this film is more of that could leave many wanting more of deeper things that the series was never about

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Coming in after Kingdom, it shouldn't be THAT difficult to not muck this up. And I say that as someone who unashamedly loves anything Indy, even Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Have Harrison Ford as an affable, loveable, gruff adventurer with a heart of gold, get yourself a macguffin, throw in some baddies, brew up some nice action sequences and away you go. Especially in this era of actually putting passion into legacy projects, I'd be surprised if Dial is outright bad.

Coming in after Kingdom, it shouldn't be THAT difficult to not muck this up. And I say that as someone who unashamedly loves anything Indy, even Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Have Harrison Ford as an affable, loveable, gruff adventurer with a heart of gold, get yourself a macguffin, throw in some baddies, brew up some nice action sequences and away you go. Especially in this era of actually putting passion into legacy projects, I'd be surprised if Dial is outright bad.
A lot of people are loving it from what I’ve seen. Especially Indy fans.

There are only 8 reviews up on Rotten Tomatoes so far, and it's a 50-50 split.
Yeah it does seem like you either don’t think the film is “good but not worthy of the whip” as one reviewer put it, or you just go along for the ride and have fun.

Even the negative reviews still aren’t saying the film is bad though, which I’m at least happy about. It kinda just seems like the Indy franchise has such a high standard among many and maybe it just doesn’t “feel right” at certain points if that makes sense.

Yeah, I'm not going to be a good basis for whether or not this is actually a good movie. I was literally almost raised on the Indy/GB/BttF movies so I'll always have a huge soft spot in my heart for them and I'll just always cherish getting to see those characters return to the big screen.

I watched the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer every single day for months before it came out in a computer class in HS. And I still loved it when I saw it.

Last edited:
Who cares what critics think or audiences think. I love select terrible movies. Last movie I saw with bad reviews was Beau is Afraid and I came out satisfied. I love this franchise, it always impressed me and was a part of my growing up. I’ll probably come out satisfied

Reactions: snayberry
Lol

IGN gave the film a 4/10

Dear god, just insane that some people dislike the film that much

I’m kinda excited to see it because I have to see what the hell could make you give a film by the Logan director a 4/10

Lol

IGN gave the film a 4/10

Dear god, just insane that some people dislike the film that much

I’m kinda excited to see it because I have to see what the hell could make you give a film by the Logan director a 4/10
It’s possible he inherited a script that he tried to fix but only so much could be done? This isn’t isolated to IGN. It seems to be a very love it or hate it type of film.

I just don’t get why they’d release the film this early if it wa so bad

If the film is bad, Lucas film needs to management

This may be a Disney+ one for me unless the buzz gets better. It’s so hard to get a sitter, so you have to make it count.
I think we'll really know how people are receiving it once audiences start seeing it on that opening night and fans can give their reactions. It's so hard to tell because there's only 36 reviews in, it's at a 47%, and there's still a ton of reviews saying it's great, so i'm just gonna go with some friends and judge for myself.

I'm specifically getting A-List for June too which helps as it's just an absolutely huge month for movies.

Doing a franchise re-watch leading up to Dial and yeah, I'll die with the hot take that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull doesn't deserve near the amount of hate it gets. It doesn't feel as technically refined or masterful as Raiders but what action film does?

Harrison is still 100% Indy, the dynamic between Indy and Mutt is just as fun and charismatic as Indy and his own father, the return of Marion is handled great and the set pieces are some of the best in the entire series, IMO. It still so firmly FEELS like an Indiana Jones movie. It's greatest failing is that it came out in the time period when quick shot analysis and super unrelenting criticism was the name of the game. Especially when watching it close behind Last Crusade, it flows so well in the franchise.

Doing a franchise re-watch leading up to Dial and yeah, I'll die with the hot take that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull doesn't deserve near the amount of hate it gets. It doesn't feel as technically refined or masterful as Raiders but what action film does?

Hate might be a strong word, but I am never going to get past the "Indy survives a nuclear bomb inside a fridge" plot point as the jump-the-shark moment for Indiana Jones movies.