Illumination's Super Mario Bros (2023) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Illumination's Super Mario Bros (2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Boxoffice.com shows it at $377,628,865.
It's kind of surprising the movie still isn't release in Japan and China. I Think that will change in 2 weeks.
I predict the movie will pass $1B and Universal will look to expand their theme parks with additional Nintendo lands and Illumination will expend the NCU.
I hope Nintendo's next console will hugely upgrade the hardware now they have seen how good their games could look.

A bunch of projects are going to be green-lit this week lmao
Rumors that a DK, Luigi Mansion and sequel to this film would all basically get green lite if this movie did well. So I think we will hopefully see these projects and then from there get Zelda and what not

Rumors that a DK, Luigi Mansion and sequel to this film would all basically get green lite if this movie did well. So I think we will hopefully see these projects and then from there get Zelda and what not
I can’t believe they didn’t have those movies ready to release to begin with. Look how popular this movie is! Doesn’t Universal like money?!?

Really wonder how long until we see Universal publicly commit to going all in on Nintendo for movies and the parks at this rate.

Mario may not just be Universal's biggest grossing movie in years but also the biggest animated movie of all time, a record that was thought unthinkable.

So video games are what will ultimately replace superhero movies and marvel stuff?
A new reign of movies begins lol. People kept wondering what will replace superheroes, and will games do it?
Loved it. So fun, not preachy or pushing an agenda at all like a certain other studio. Enough said.

I heard that the original script was more like that but Nintendo made them change it?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Didn't realize this was here.

Saw it on opening day and had a blast with it - some annoying moments and things I would change but overall we had a lot of fun with it and can't wait for more!

We're gonna get a full cinematic universe here. At this rate Universal is going to finish SNW at Epic early and charge admission for people to enter.

So video games are what will ultimately replace superhero movies and marvel stuff?
A new reign of movies begins lol. People kept wondering what will replace superheroes, and will games do it?

I heard that the original script was more like that but Nintendo made them change it?
Same

I heard Peach had to be badass because Nintendo/miyamoto. I have no problem with badass character but this also leaves little room to grow.....she can do everything then cool but its kinda boring and why I like Luigi he's just a normal guy caught up in all this

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
More like what? Illumination's movies usually do not have prevalent messages or morals, it's not really surprising the Mario movie turned out the same. And honestly it's better for it.

Same

I heard Peach had to be badass because Nintendo/miyamoto. I have no problem with badass character but this also leaves little room to grow.....she can do everything then cool but its kinda boring and why I like Luigi he's just a normal guy caught up in all this

Some people are mad about the powerful peach but I didn't see a problem with it since she lives there and Mario is a fish out of water type story. The movie is about growth and the arc for Mario to be the hero. But peach living there means that's her domain but to answer this:
More like what? Illumination's movies usually do not have prevalent messages or morals, it's not really surprising the Mario movie turned out the same. And honestly it's better for it.

I saw some videos that said that Mario was more comedy relief and more like a sidekick ( more like a jar jar Binks type character ) and that peach was the real hero the whole time. Something like that
And in the final movie we do see peach being very strong but I saw that the original idea was for peach to be the main hero

Reactions: BriefCasey
Some people are mad about the powerful peach but I didn't see a problem with it since she lives there and Mario is a fish out of water type story. The movie is about growth and the arc for Mario to be the hero. But peach living there means that's her domain but to answer this:

I saw some videos that said that Mario was more comedy relief and more like a sidekick ( more like a jar jar Binks type character ) and that peach was the real hero the whole time. Something like that
And in the final movie we do see peach being very strong but I saw that the original idea was for peach to be the main hero

Yea as someone who went to a test screening....that was not the case.

Reactions: Gartooth