How long will The Simpsons Ride last? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
Eh. I just never thought the ride came close to reaching the potential of the source material. The ride video was just dull for me. And it was dated beyond belief by the late 90s. The story/queue was decent, but I think Simpsons does everything better than BttF.

BTTF needs a Test Track type ride, IMO. There needs to be a sense of speed.

I totally agree that a BTTF ride would be better in a Test Track setting.

For when it came out, I think they did the best they could. However, I think its fundamentally the same as the Simpsons. And I would hope the video and movements are better, considering how much later Simpsons came out. I'd agree the ride didn't live up to the potential of the franchise, but I don't believe it was so flawed either.

No offense, but Back to the Future was crap, IMO. If BTTF wasn't based on a beloved property, it would have been hated. Simpsons really is an upgrade in every way.

Disagreed verily. I concede to your point that BTTF w/ a Test Track style system would perhaps be cooler, but the simulator delivered on visuals and imagination and the performances from everyone involved were fantastic. It did need an update by the time it croaked, though.

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic about BttF. Was my favorite ride as a kid and last rode it over 10 years ago. Loved the movies and the ride, and yes being based on a popular franchise did help it.

I also liked how it wasn't all CGI/animated. If The Simpsons Ride was 2D animation and not 3D computer animated that would be nice.

BttF was cool for what it was in its time, and its time probably did come and nice to have something new/different in its place.

I liked BTTF because it was BTTF. But it was the weakest of the old "classics". And it's weird that we lost the best one first...

I'm surprised ET is still around. I know that's based on a hit movie but that's a ride that feels outdated too. I thought that would have went before BttF.

I rode BTTF when it first came out and was blown away. Between that and Kong it destroyed anything that had been done up until that point. They were amazing in their times and I am thankful to remember them in their hay day.

My entire family grew up with The Simpsons so suffice to say that everyone one in our clan loves this ride. We all enjoyed BTTF as well, especially my mother, but Simpsons just hit the sweet spot for us. My dad, nearly 60, begs us to go on it multiple times. Homer cracks him up.

Last edited:
Well the Simpsons kinda seems out dated already(dont get me wrong love the ride and series) but look at the new simulators like DM(even though I havnt ridden it yet still hear amazing things about it) Star Tours 2 and Spiderman, better projectors and 3d makes the rides way better then one without it so maybe give it a nice refurb like Spidey and then its good as new lol

Well considering the expansion, level of popularity, gigantic franchise, and the fact it's only 4 years old I'm gonna say another 8-11 years.

So we can now say with certainty that the ride is here to stay for a good while longer. I gotta say though, as much as I love the Simpsons, I rarely go on the ride because it makes so many of my family and friends dizzy :( I am glad they are adding more Simpsons experiences around it! :thumbs:

So we can now say with certainty that the ride is here to stay for a good while longer. I gotta say though, as much as I love the Simpsons, I rarely go on the ride because it makes so many of my family and friends dizzy :( I am glad they are adding more Simpsons experiences around it! :thumbs:

Its weird. Back to the Future didnt make me dizzy but Simpsons makes me SICK. Im so screwed that I cant get on.! Yet I can get on Spiderman and feel fine:blank:

I can get on harry Potter and feel okay
But Despicable Me would make me dizzy

So I never understood that.

Simpsons Ride....A good retheming of a simulator ride?

The Simspons Ride at Universal Orlando. Closed BTTF March 30, 2007 (I was there the last day, just saying :thumbs:) to be rethemed as a Simpsons attraction. Was it a good retheming of a simulator ride, or not? The ride system from BTTF is still existing, but is very loud and rickety. I feel like I'm on a wood coaster riding it. I personally dislike the ride. Anyone, do you like it or not?