Horror Movies Thread | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Edit: in this case though I wonder if budget is just cover for something thornier behind the scenes.
It's cover for Cunningham wanting a much larger producing fee up front than New Line wants to bankroll.

Because a big up front payday for Cunningham is kind of the only thing I can think of to explain why a FRIDAY THE 13TH movie should cost more than $10 million to make.

Yeah I don't buy for one single second that Studios are afraid they wouldn't get their money back on the first F13 movie in 15 years

For as grateful as I am that Cunningham had such a big hand in helping bring Jason to life, it's always been somewhat clear that he's a bit of a shyster for getting his pay days with regards to the property.

I would love to see Friday the 13th follow a similar route that the Evil Dead franchise has: make it a stepping ladder for burgeoning directors in the genre field, keep budgets lower and use that newer blood and enthusiastic energy to breath life into the series. Please, PLEASE just keep them simpler, feature length films about Jason with each one have a unique hook or flair to it. I do not need to see what Pamela was like as a teenager when she met Jason's father. I don't care about what Crystal Lake was like in the 1800s. I don't need MCU style universe building around Jason Voorhees.

Give me Jason in the snow. Give me Jason versus a group of convicts. Give me Jason versus Leatherface. Give me Jason against the demonically repossessed victims he just slaughtered.

Just finished reading this and yeah, that was a pretty dang enjoyable script!
It had a likable cast, some fun (and downright painful) kills, and Jason being an absolute BEAST at times, especially in the finale! And overall, it kept things simple. It wasn't trying to dive into lore or explain how Jason operates. It's pretty much Jason causing all sorts of havoc which is what most folks want.

Just finished reading this and yeah, that was a pretty dang enjoyable script!
It had a likable cast, some fun (and downright painful) kills, and Jason being an absolute BEAST at times, especially in the finale! And overall, it kept things simple. It wasn't trying to dive into lore or explain how Jason operates. It's pretty much Jason causing all sorts of havoc which is what most folks want.
The climax is particularly terrific. Would love to see that sequence some day.

Mike Flanagan has not only been flat out confirmed to direct the next Exoricst film; he will be writing and producing the film full on for Blumhouse.

Kino is incoming.

only excited for 28 years later.

I really don't get why a FT13 movie needs a bigger budget but okay....

I don't trust this man, I'm sorry. The last thing this franchise needs is a wannabe Feige.

Edit: in this case though I wonder if budget is just cover for something thornier behind the scenes.

It's cover for Cunningham wanting a much larger producing fee up front than New Line wants to bankroll.

Because a big up front payday for Cunningham is kind of the only thing I can think of to explain why a FRIDAY THE 13TH movie should cost more than $10 million to make.

For as grateful as I am that Cunningham had such a big hand in helping bring Jason to life, it's always been somewhat clear that he's a bit of a shyster for getting his pay days with regards to the property.

I would love to see Friday the 13th follow a similar route that the Evil Dead franchise has: make it a stepping ladder for burgeoning directors in the genre field, keep budgets lower and use that newer blood and enthusiastic energy to breath life into the series. Please, PLEASE just keep them simpler, feature length films about Jason with each one have a unique hook or flair to it. I do not need to see what Pamela was like as a teenager when she met Jason's father. I don't care about what Crystal Lake was like in the 1800s. I don't need MCU style universe building around Jason Voorhees.

Give me Jason in the snow. Give me Jason versus a group of convicts. Give me Jason versus Leatherface. Give me Jason against the demonically repossessed victims he just slaughtered.

i kind of hate him, he is responsible for the worst moments in the franchise, hes responsible for the lawsuit taking so long, hes Now responsible for the lack of a new movie. he never liked the idea of jason since friday part 2, he wanted to get rid of the mask... he treated people poorly, i do not really like him too much. he never liked jason he said it himself ("was a dumb idea to have adult jason in part 2)
we deserve much better, he never appreciated jason.

In A Violent Nature is one of the weirdest little slasher films ever made. If you read the plot summary and go in expecting a straight forward Friday the 13th homage, you might be very confused or upset (as seen by one fellow moviegoer in my theater who literally started shouting expletives at the screen during it). It's like someone spilled an experimental film into a script featuring Jason Voorhees. The basic premise is a group of young people steal a locket that summons a backwoods slasher and the blood and guts hit the literal fan but unlike most slasher films where the young folk are our main viewpoints, the camera rarely ever leaves the side of the behemoth hulk that's on the hunt for his locket.

It's a very slow paced film (the guy has a lot of walking through the woods on his mission, after all) that features no musical score outside of a few diagetic songs. The kills are absolutely magnificent, brutal and crafted with such mastery of effects work they really need to be seen by even those with a passing interest in the slasher genre. Two or three of them could have a very solid argument for greatest slasher kill in movie history. I have my own theories/interpretations for some of the events of the film, especially towards the climax but overall I'm so glad I caught this in theaters (opening credits had Shudder show up so I would assume it'll be there eventually!). It won't be everyone's cup of tea but I loved it!

In A Violent Nature is one of the weirdest little slasher films ever made. If you read the plot summary and go in expecting a straight forward Friday the 13th homage, you might be very confused or upset (as seen by one fellow moviegoer in my theater who literally started shouting expletives at the screen during it). It's like someone spilled an experimental film into a script featuring Jason Voorhees. The basic premise is a group of young people steal a locket that summons a backwoods slasher and the blood and guts hit the literal fan but unlike most slasher films where the young folk are our main viewpoints, the camera rarely ever leaves the side of the behemoth hulk that's on the hunt for his locket.

It's a very slow paced film (the guy has a lot of walking through the woods on his mission, after all) that features no musical score outside of a few diagetic songs. The kills are absolutely magnificent, brutal and crafted with such mastery of effects work they really need to be seen by even those with a passing interest in the slasher genre. Two or three of them could have a very solid argument for greatest slasher kill in movie history. I have my own theories/interpretations for some of the events of the film, especially towards the climax but overall I'm so glad I caught this in theaters (opening credits had Shudder show up so I would assume it'll be there eventually!). It won't be everyone's cup of tea but I loved it!
glad to hear
some of the horror YouTube guys hated it. all my life I always wanted to see a movie from the point of view of Jason or Michael. all my life I wondered what this was like, ( the Friday the 13th game was close)
I'm glad that this movie exists, but I heard that it wasn't done properly, and I even heard that the director did all the walking shots to troll or annoy the audience lol :lol: ( some reviews actually said that the director wanted to piss off the audience)

I'm still excited to see it.

glad to hear
some of the horror YouTube guys hated it. all my life I always wanted to see a movie from the point of view of Jason or Michael. all my life I wondered what this was like, ( the Friday the 13th game was close)
I'm glad that this movie exists, but I heard that it wasn't done properly, and I even heard that the director did all the walking shots to troll or annoy the audience lol :lol: ( some reviews actually said that the director wanted to piss off the audience)

I'm still excited to see it.

If you go in wanting Friday the 13th Part 20: Jason's Awake Again, I think you will be disappointed. That's quite clearly not the point. Like I said this is more than just a slasher film. It's brutal and bloody but absolutely gorgeous and still and deep at times.

It's not JUST you're following Jason around the entire time, it's deeper than that and I think it gets pretty meta at points.

I don't think the director's intention was to 'troll' people, it's his art piece and his vision.

Reactions: saint.piss