Hong Kong Disneyland $1.4 Billion Overhaul | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Hong Kong Disneyland $1.4 Billion Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are we expecting the headlining ride to essentially be a modified clone of the boat ride at Epcot?

If so....talk about putting lipstick on a pig. Looks great, but a nice-looking land will only get you so far if the headlining ride is mediocre.

Reactions: Clive
Are we expecting the headlining ride to essentially be a modified clone of the boat ride at Epcot?

If so....talk about putting lipstick on a pig. Looks great, but a nice-looking land will only get you so far if the headlining ride is mediocre.
The EPCOT ride with better animatronics and Flight of the Hippogriff featuring "Lotso Rockwork and Water!!!"

BTW, I'm trademarking that "Lotso Rockwork and Water!!!"

Last edited:
The EPCOT ride with better animatronics and Flight of the Hippogriff featuring "Lotso Rockwork and Water!!!"

BTW, I'm trademarking that "Lotso Rockwork and Water!!!"

I hadn't paid that much attention to the layout but that seems like a missed opportunity (or massive overspend) if the coaster is merely FotH with "lotso Rockwork and Water" ©. I was thinking a longer, better version of 7DMT.

I did expect the coaster to be a Mine Train type coaster so it is a little disappointing, but this IP appeals to youngsters so ultimately it makes sense.

I also think the frozen boat ride is ... great? this is the only place I see people complaining about that attraction.

unless it's the very long lines, which I have heard many complaints about.
The queue for the Hong Kong version does seem like a marked improvement. The entrance area underneath the mountain reminds me of the queue for Tokyo Disney's Beauty and the Beast ride.

I also think the frozen boat ride is ... great? this is the only place I see people complaining about that attraction.

This should’ve been a trackless dark ride with the scope of Mystic Manor in the style of BatB.

FEA is fine, but nothing to write home about at all and clearly a rush job. I don't know if they keep the tv screen faces in the cloned versions but that's a mark against the Orlando ride. Nothing really happens and a custom ride track not tied to Maelstrom has way higher potential. Frozen deserves better. The facades look wonderful here though!

Reactions: Clive

I just think Frozen deserves better than a retheme of a D-Ticket boat ride. At least Tokyo Disneysea seems to be giving us that.

I just think Frozen deserves better than a retheme of a D-Ticket boat ride. At least Tokyo Disneysea seems to be giving us that.
Um, isn’t Tokyo getting essentially the same land as HKDL without the Sleigh Coaster and adding a sit down restaurant?

I agree with your statement, but I’d say HKDL is giving us that too

Their ride is a new build that follows the story of the first movie.
Ahhhh ok. I’ll admit I’m out of the loop on all this and have sort of been getting them all confused (HK, DLP, TDS) lol

I’d say my statement still stands tho, and they are giving frozen something better than just a re-skin in these new lands at each park.

Considering the budget limitations HKDL has faced in the past, they did an outstanding job.

A park with a beautiful setting, and a number of nice expansions during the past decade....But, it's a shame that no one goes there, except during festival seasons. Attendance just plain sucks, even with lower priced tickets than here.
I was under the impression that the park rebounded significantly post-Covid (doing better than Ocean Park, which is its real rival). Is that not the case?

Also, are my eyes deceiving me or does it not look like Olaf has enough room to ‘walk’ beside the boats in the first scene? It’d be a shame if that doesn’t make it to the international versions of the rides.

This land looks absolutely gorgeous, day or night. Really looking forward to checking this out as I went right before the pandemic before Antman, new castle, and now this but the park was probably closest to 2nd place for me in Disneyland parks. I found it that charming.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot