Homemade Butterbeer Recipe | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Homemade Butterbeer Recipe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but someone made up a recipe for Butterbeer Cupcakes. They look delicious, and I'm going to try to make them tonight!

http://amybites.com/?p=623

do-want.jpg

I'm about to attempt this recipe tomorrow with friends! We've been watching one HP movie in order every Friday leading up until DH:pt 1 comes out! We've been making one sweet a week, usually themed...and this week we're doing Butterbeer! So excited. Will let you all know how it goes.

AWESOME! I just tried butterbeer. My little sis got overzealous when making the foam, so I think it's too thick, but it's really good! The foam is sinking into the soda - is this supposed to happen? I mean, it's floating on top but it's also kinda of falling in on the bottom of the foam... I'll take a pic and post it soon...

I too make the foam too thick. If you don't make it thick enough, then nothing mixs together. I personally think there is too much sugar because you can taste it like sand in the foam.

For everyone trying to make the homemade butterbeer, and you think you whipped it too much. I bought the HEAVY WHIPPED CREAM and I sprayed some into a cup, added the vanilla and stirred, then sprayed some more, and stirred again. Basically I kept stirring until it was more of a liquidy consistency instead of airy and foamy, and it was just perfect. And yes, the foam is suppossed to fall into the cream soda, thats what makes it MAGICAL :drool5:

I too make the foam too thick. If you don't make it thick enough, then nothing mixs together. I personally think there is too much sugar because you can taste it like sand in the foam.

My sister mixed it to the point where it floated on top but you could see bits falling into the soda. I liked it lol... Regardless, it tasted AMAZING!!! Can't wait to have it in the actual Hogsmeade! And I didn't taste the sugar lke foam, personally it tasted very much like whipped cream, but it had the soda mixed in along with the sugars. Tasted REALLY good... Next time I do this (probably for DH Part 2 and the day my parents/aunt tell me we're going to the WWoHP for the first time, cause I won't be able to wait to drink it there xD) I'll try adding that hint of butterbeer that people suggested...

I try to put a little less sugar in because it does make the foam taste a bit off. But other then that the recipe is perfect, but be sure that you whip the foam up enough.

I used the same butterscotch syrup, but I mixed it in with whipped cream for the topping, so every sip gets that little extra kick of flavor with the cream soda,(A&W brand).

The base?

I made an account to comment on a post already in this thread regarding IBC vs. A&W cream soda for the base.

As far as i know Coca Cola is the official drink of Universal Studios and Coca Cola manufactures the A&W line as well. So i was thinking that it's most likely Universal, for whatever contract reasons, stayed with the Coke product for WWoHP and used A&W instead of IBC?

This was just a passing thought. I have not had the park butterbeer yet but i can say with certainty the one on this website is amazing.

I made an account to comment on a post already in this thread regarding IBC vs. A&W cream soda for the base.

As far as i know Coca Cola is the official drink of Universal Studios and Coca Cola manufactures the A&W line as well. So i was thinking that it's most likely Universal, for whatever contract reasons, stayed with the Coke product for WWoHP and used A&W instead of IBC?

This was just a passing thought. I have not had the park butterbeer yet but i can say with certainty the one on this website is amazing.

They don't use either, the drink is entirely made from scratch on site. The IBC cream soda is suggested because its the best tasting, and closest tasting cream soda on the market.

Lead my mom onto this and she surprised our family with a bunch of them poured in the mugs from the WW. Kudos to you guys because the home made butterbeer was amazing. It made me miss Orlando though :'( ... :lol:

AW tastes very far from the base at the park. IBC is closer, but doesnt have as much of that sweet, butterscotchy taste. After going back to the park, i think the cream on top is missing something to complete it.

You need to add a dab of butterscotch to the IBC as well as touch to the cream along with the vanilla, then you have to whip it together really good and the cream should be pretty much perfect :thumbs:

Orlando Attractions Magazine has a recipe for a Hot version of Butterbeer:

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog...th-your-own-hot-butterbeer-at-home/#more-7871

I posted this already. Sounds sick if you ask me. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5dKMOFUdbo&feature=sub << There is your warm butterbeer recipe. Somebody should try it! I'm sure it's going to be as disgusting as all the recipes all of us harry potter freaks have tried in the past BEFORE WWoHP, but I guess it's worth a try!

You need to add a dab of butterscotch to the IBC as well as touch to the cream along with the vanilla, then you have to whip it together really good and the cream should be pretty much perfect :thumbs:

About how much would you guys say is a good amount of butterscotch?