Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
People skipping (or reducing their time at) USF is a real possibility based on time constraints. Vacations aren't getting longer, so people will have to decide how to use their time wisely while visiting Orlando now.
At the very least USF has special events and is easy to park hop to.

Animal Kingdom has no special events and is a chore to get to.

At the very least USF has special events and is easy to park hop to.

Animal Kingdom has no special events and is a chore to get to.
I agree - but people will be looking at all UOR/WDW parks and will probably put USF/DAK at the bottom of their lists for the next few years...

And I say that as someone who's favorite park is DAK and frequents on a weekly basis lol

Reactions: SeventyOne
I will say as someone who grew up in Florida, around kids who had all been to uni multiple times, the average peer of mine preferred thrill coasters and tended to say RRR, Mummy, or Hulk was their favorite ride with little out of that. As a theme park fan i don’t hold the same opinion personally but yeah teens like adrenaline so i could see construction hampering the park lineup in some minds for sure

Reactions: saint.piss
Can’t believe how long it took this rumor to get around, but yes, Rockit may close mid 2025.

Hopefully to be replaced with an Intamin. If it were me I’d create an east coast version of F&F Hollywood Drift, but that’s just speculation.
Whatever they do with it I just hope they re-theme the ride to Ghostbusters... It literally goes through the firehouse it would make so much sense lol

ghostbusters GIF

Reactions: SeventyOne
Would they put another ride there to kinda block access/expansion to the left of the park? Wasn't that one of the henderances they realized over time?
I have my doubts that the soundstages will ever be used for theme park expansion. They have plenty of space within the park itself (Fast and Furious, Simpsons, Fear Factor, Animal Actors, behind Men in Black) to take care of first. Between all three parks getting new attractions it could be 20 years before they start looking at expansion back there.

Consensus seems to be that Supercharged isn't going anywhere any time soon.
Not expecting it, but really no need to have it open from a guest experience and budgeting perspective once a proper F&F attraction is built & open in the park. In the short-term, they need F&F for capacity reasons... but as evident by its Aug-Nov closure, it sounds like they've made it clear they don't need the ride to run outside of busier periods (we've never seen Universal close a rather new attraction for a multiple month refurb).

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Not expecting it, but really no need to have it open from a guest experience and budgeting perspective once a proper F&F attraction is built & open in the park. In the short-term, they need F&F for capacity reasons... but as evident by its Aug-Nov closure, it sounds like they've made it clear they don't need the ride to run outside of busier periods (we've never seen Universal close a rather new attraction for a multiple month refurb).
If the park is getting a F&F coaster, I think Supercharged needs to be replaced in very short order.

I am not in favor of just shuttering the building and leaving it closed indefinitely.

I think a F&F coaster in place of HRRR is a great first step to getting Supercharged booted from the resort. Give the IP more representation than it needs, as well as some more time between SC's opening and closing date, and it'll be a much easier call for executives to make. F&F shouldn't get two major rides longterm, but it also won't be down to zero rides anytime soon either.