HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
*Sigh* I guess Insidious round 3 it is then.

Pretty disappointed this appearing more likely, but I was skeptical about round 2 (Didn't like the first Insidious maze), yet it turned out to be one of my favorite mazes ever. If your friend says that here's a ton of great material to work with, I'll trust John and Chris' judgement on this. They have really surprised me the past couple of years.
Ultimately he said the film expanded the universe in a bigger way and added a ton of characters to the Series. He also said the film is actually worse than Chapter 3.
His Ranking:
1. Chapter 1
2. Chapter 3
3. Chapter 4
4. Chapter 2

My Experience with the 2015 Maze is that I wish I could love it more. Don't kill me but... I wish I had a better experience. See it was actually my first year and I went over to Insidious after doimy TWD first. I was excited because I heard a lot of good things about the Maze and I almost got to go in by Myself. Except two people went in front of us getting all of the Scares and annoying me the entire way through. It's fine to talk a little walking through a Maze and enjoying yourself but TALKING THE ENTIRE WAY THROUGH is absolutely annoying. So yeah Perfect maze but miserable experience for me. I look forward to this year's version and I hope it can be possibly better than the 2015 Maze (Even though 2015's version was flawless) and I can have a better experience.

2015 was an okay year. I loved Insidious, Halloween, and Crimson Peak. AvP was okay, same as the previous year. I like The Walking Dead maze that year more than the previous versions. This Is The End, you either loved it or hated it.

Reactions: Freak
Ultimately he said the film expanded the universe in a bigger way and added a ton of characters to the Series. He also said the film is actually worse than Chapter 3.
His Ranking:
1. Chapter 1
2. Chapter 3
3. Chapter 4
4. Chapter 2

My Experience with the 2015 Maze is that I wish I could love it more. Don't kill me but... I wish I had a better experience. See it was actually my first year and I went over to Insidious after doimy TWD first. I was excited because I heard a lot of good things about the Maze and I almost got to go in by Myself. Except two people went in front of us getting all of the Scares and annoying me the entire way through. It's fine to talk a little walking through a Maze and enjoying yourself but TALKING THE ENTIRE WAY THROUGH is absolutely annoying. So yeah Perfect maze but miserable experience for me. I look forward to this year's version and I hope it can be possibly better than the 2015 Maze (Even though 2015's version was flawless) and I can have a better experience.

So does the 4th film have more than 1 antagonist? And in my opinion, the last room where all three main demons, Lipstick face, Bride in Black, and Man who Can't Breathe, scare everyone was perfect. At least for my group which got all of them.

Really? You had to bring that up? Just when I finally lodged This is the End out of my memory.

Sorry xD but considering that was the first year for several of my friends, that maze stood out to them out of all 6, and that's the only one I hear them talk about when referencing that year. Though in my opinion, the best 3D maze at HHN Hollywood was House of 1000 Corpses! It was the only good maze of 2010 IMO. Lousy lineup

In all seriousness, I still have hope for this year. With my increased interest in AHS and love for The Shining, I see a good year... for now at least. As cheesy as it would be, I would kinda like to walk through a literal Blumhouse for the mashup maze. (The one on their logo).

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
In all seriousness, I still have hope for this year. With my increased interest in AHS and love for The Shining, I see a good year... for now at least. As cheesy as it would be, I would kinda like to walk through a literal Blumhouse for the mashup maze. (The one on their logo).

Honestly, the Blumhouse maze is in my top 3 most anticipated! The other 2 being AHS (been a fan since season 1), and The Shining.

Honestly, the Blumhouse maze is in my top 3 most anticipated! The other 2 being AHS (been a fan since season 1), and The Shining.
I had only watched Freakshow and parts of both Hotel and Coven so I didn't really know what was going on in the maze aside from Freakshow. I didn't really care for it but as soon as I watched Murder House (and Asylum but that's relevant yet) a few months back, I started to appreciate the maze more. I am going to watch the rest of the seasons just in case it appears this year but it's most likely just Roanoke.

I had only watched Freakshow and parts of both Hotel and Coven so I didn't really know what was going on in the maze aside from Freakshow. I didn't really care for it but as soon as I watched Murder House (and Asylum but that's relevant yet) a few months back, I started to appreciate the maze more. I am going to watch the rest of the seasons just in case it appears this year but it's most likely just Roanoke.

Ever since I watched Asylum when it was airing, and having gone to the 2012 event, I was hoping the next year they would do a maze on it. I'm just hoping that the show doesn't get dragged out too much to the point where people get tired with seeing it at the event in future years, like they have towards The Walking Dead and The Purge.

So does the 4th film have more than 1 antagonist? And in my opinion, the last room where all three main demons, Lipstick face, Bride in Black, and Man who Can't Breathe, scare everyone was perfect. At least for my group which got all of them.
Probably

2015's lineup was really bad as I was only excited for 3 Mazes (Crimson Peak, Insidious, Halloween) and the rest I wasn't. The Execution was Good while I actually ended up loving/liking/enjoying 4 Mazes. It's a year where I think 3 Mazes were particular pushing for what 2016 would then do.

Insidious has a ton of creative and fun scare spots while adding tons of effects to it which some of the Mazes succeeded.

Halloween had a ton of great lighting and ton and atmosphere which is something 2016 Mazes attempted and succeeded (Aka Exorcist).

Crimson Peak which was my favorite maze of the year pushed the boundaries for Maze design as the Maze was incredibly gorgeous and very atmospheric which was something two Mazes at 2016 attempted and succeeded (AHS and Krampus).

While some of you don't like 2015 as a year I think it's pretty important as it was the push HHN needed to get better lineups and use techniques from their best mazes and not their worst. While 2017 may be going back I think it has potential to be a good year.

I agree, and at least 2015's scare zones were better than 2016. Which makes me excited to see what this years are. When I visit haunted attractions across the country, the thing I love seeing is the large variety of monsters at haunted houses or events, which is why original concepts intrigue me! How many scare zones are we getting again though? I forget and considering they're more likely using London Street for a line like last year for TWD, I am curious. Especially since this will be the first year that the Backlot scare zone will be an original concept and not IP.

Are we forgetting both the atmosphere of TCM and FVJ? Not a single unthemed blackout wall or section. In my opinion 2015 was a massive hit and miss. I did not have one good experience on one maze that year. Just my personal experience though. It is home to the highest rated maze in HHN history.

Are we forgetting both the atmosphere of TCM and FVJ? Not a single unthemed blackout wall or section
If I recall, I remember really liking the part where it's only a small beam of light and everything else is utter darkness. It would then "transport" you to Crystal Lake. I really like that. I know it was in TCM but I forgot what scene.

Are we forgetting both the atmosphere of TCM and FVJ? Not a single unthemed blackout wall or section

Jeez, you're right. I have gotten so used to seeing black out walls, especially with The Exorcist (but it worked in that maze) that I totally forgot about that.

EDIT: Nvmd, I remember the scenes in FvJ

Jeez, you're right. I have gotten so used to seeing black out walls, especially with The Exorcist (but it worked in that maze) that I totally forgot about that.

EDIT: Nvmd, I remember the scenes in FvJ
I had to ask everyone around me what direction I was going in The Exorcist because I couldn't see anything. At least it set up tension as I expected an actor to come out.

They had a reason for the blackout walls in The Exorcist. You try having a maze based on a movie that takes place in one room.

Look familiar? Thats because a large portion of the maze was based off of it. Also, it was supposed to make you feel like you were slowly getting possessed throughout the maze.

I think the Titans of Terror mazes will always be considered to be my favorite part of HHN, considering it was in those 4 mazes where an actor actually made physical contact with me. In 2008, NOEM Freddy ran his razor blades against the back of my GF and my neck, and the F13 maze, Jason walked shoulder to shoulder with me in a barn room to scare a couple in front of my group. 2009, Michael Myers grasped my shoulder in the closet ending scene. 2012 Leatherface accidentally hit my nose with a chainsaw in the grandma and grandpa room.

They had a reason for the blackout walls in The Exorcist. You try having a maze based on a movie that takes place in one room.

Look familiar? Thats because a large portion of the maze was based off of it. Also, it was supposed to make you feel like you were slowly getting possessed throughout the maze.

Well they definitely made me feel possessed because I was getting frustrated in there and all the screaming didn't help either.
I think the Titans of Terror mazes will always be considered to be my favorite part of HHN, considering it was in those 4 mazes where an actor actually made physical contact with me. In 2008, NOEM Freddy ran his razor blades against the back of my GF and my neck, and the F13 maze, Jason walked shoulder to shoulder with me in a barn room to scare a couple in front of my group. 2009, Michael Myers grasped my shoulder in the closet ending scene. 2012 Leatherface accidentally hit my nose with a chainsaw in the grandma and grandpa room.

I like/dislike the Titans of Terror mazes. Hear me out before you shoot me. I love Jason, Freddy, Michael and others to death. Seeing them in "the flesh" along with their environments is a really nice treat but it's like I'm seeing my favorite Marvel character on the big screen. So it kinda defeats it's tone for me. I get a similar feeling like how I got when I met a Disney character when I was younger. I guess you can say the same thing if you really loved an IP and it was at HHN. I hope you understand what I mean.