Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Commercials: Thru the Years

Which HHN Commercial is the best?

• HHN X

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • HHN XII

• HHN XIII

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • HHN XIV

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • HHN XV

• HHN XVI

• HHN XVII

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • HHN XVIII

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • HHN XIX

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • HHN XX

• HHN XXI

• Total voters
:focus:

Do you think that the HHN commercial will be affective for non-HHN Psycos (<---means fans)?

Possibly, becuase its campy enough to make people go. There are two types of HHN fans, the psychos *takes a bow* and the people who go to get drunk and then punch a SA cause they tried to scare them :sigh:

Possibly, becuase its campy enough to make people go. There are two types of HHN fans, the psychos *takes a bow* and the people who go to get drunk and then punch a SA cause they tried to scare them :sigh:

That's what you need to ruin your night as an SA. A black eye and kicking someone's a...BUTT!!! But it also fun though to tell the cops and see them get draged out. :lol:

That's what you need to ruin your night as an SA. A black eye and kicking someone's a...BUTT!!! But it also fun though to tell the cops and see them get draged out. :lol:

Thats another reason why they should not serve so much alcohol at the event. The scare actors really give it their all for the enjoyment of others, yet they are subjected to that kind of stuff, thats wrong.

I'm stuck between 15 and 18. The 15 commercial always made me jump no matter how many times I saw it. Just the thought of the anvil crashing on the poor guys face sending his head and body into the bed of nails....I love every part of 18 except when Bloody Mary bursts through the mirror. It just always looked fake to me. But When the woman is looking in the mirror and the lights come back on with Bloody Mary? That is AWESOME!

This years commercial disappointed me greatly.

Here is how I think the rundown is:

X: A new spin to old Halloween event commercials.
XII: A very creepy commercial that well reps what the Caretaker is.
XIII: Very disturbing but great!!!
XIV: Something new but shows icons sells better.
XV: VERY memberable and has awesome killer twist.
XVI: Classic HHN commercial all the way to the end.
XVII: Starts calm and ends Crazy!
XVIII: The most scary commercials to date.
XIX: The commercial looks more mainstream than anything creepy or scary. Although it still builds up nicely.
XX: Very mainstream, kinda rushes, and too mush talking unlike the older commercials.

Thats my thoughts, comments?

I really like the commercials for HHN X: Jack, HHN XII: Caretaker, XIII: Director, XV: Storyteller, XVII: CoC, and XVIII: Bloody Mary.

I'm a big fan of the icons and what they bring to the table. I also really like it when there's very little to no voice over and it's way more eerie.

Sweet Sixteen was creepy, but I prefer the icons on their own doing their thing and showing more of their unique creepiness.

Last year's... although the commercial in itself is creepy, I do not find Wolfman, the Saw puppet, or Chucky to be very scary... :look: especially how they are portrayed in that commercial.

Now this year's commercial is not the best it could be... First they killed any chance to be eerie with the ridiculous announcer. Then it could have been a lot darker. Also the "shadow" of Fear on the wall looks like the shadow of a mummy with the arms forward and kind of cheesy. They totally should have skipped on those Hollywood directors and gone with whoever did the Fear videos on the media site.

There's commercials for 8 and 11 too:

[video=youtube;a-XfOuPKDxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-XfOuPKDxw&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;yyqlkeyMOcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqlkeyMOcI&feature=related[/video]

I feel as if I dont care and im going to have fun anyway......

My all-time favorites are still 14, 18, and 19..... Regardless of any people
coming to fork me in the road.....

Favorite commercials are still 14, 16, and 19.

The more I see this years commercial the more I hate it, I wonder if there is any chance when fear is fully revealed they will alter the commercial. Yeah probably not but just wishing.

I feel as if I dont care and im going to have fun anyway......

My all-time favorites are still 14, 18, and 19..... Regardless of any people
coming to fork me in the road.....

Favorite commercials are still 14, 16, and 19.

I agree with you...people can whine about commercials as much as they please but all that happens when I see an HHN commercial is excitement.

The director ones are my favorite.
A great commercial for this year could have been a few girls walking through universal at night. One scared, the other acting brave. The scared one asking her friend about either typically scary things (spiders, wolves, killer clowns, etc) or specifically about some past icons (isnt this where that crazy director killed those people, or bloody mary, etc.). the brave one laughing it off and saying it isnt real, then "fear" grabbing the scared girl without the other noticing. The brave chick gets nervous, starts to run only to be snatched up by "fear". Still roll with the taglines they have been using. "the only thing to fear is fear himself"

Better than what they came up with?

A couple of minutes ago my 12-year-old brother and I caught this year's commercial on TV. My brother, who's attending HHN for the first time this year, said verbatim, "that looks so stupid!" :rofl: He has no idea what's in store for him! That commercial is SO deceiving! :p

A couple of minutes ago my 12-year-old brother and I caught this year's commercial on TV. My brother, who's attending HHN for the first time this year, said verbatim, "that looks so stupid!" :rofl: He has no idea what's in store for him! That commercial is SO deceiving! :p

:pound: true....