HHN 31 Construction Thread | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mentioned this on discord- but with this and what's developing behind Lombard's - could we be seeing true, themed bars, like HOS did last year?

I hope so, seems like they saw it and decided to give it a try this year (hopefully).

HHN has a large fanbase that will show up just to hang out without doing any houses. As a new local, I plan on doing just that this year.

I mentioned this on discord- but with this and what's developing behind Lombard's - could we be seeing true, themed bars, like HOS did last year?

If they go that route, it will have to be an upcharge thing you have to buy specific tickets for. Like a 1 hour time slot. It's just too crowded and you at something like Finnegans where they remove all the chairs and stuff and have a line, then you get to go order a drink when called up. To have an actual bar that you're supposed to hang out in doesn't seem feasible. Now, maybe a themed queue for specialty drinks is possible, but just don't see them having bar experiences when they remove the whole bar experience from their existing bar.

If they go that route, it will have to be an upcharge thing you have to buy specific tickets for. Like a 1 hour time slot. It's just too crowded and you at something like Finnegans where they remove all the chairs and stuff and have a line, then you get to go order a drink when called up. To have an actual bar that you're supposed to hang out in doesn't seem feasible. Now, maybe a themed queue for specialty drinks is possible, but just don't see them having bar experiences when they remove the whole bar experience from their existing bar.
I don't think there has to be an upcharge or time limit. HOS at SeaWorld managed some awesome themed bars just fine last year (in their first event year, mind you), and one thing they had that we at HHN won't - air conditioning! Several of their themed bars were indoors, even had actors and performances going on, but people had drinks and kept moving after a short break. Most people aren't going to spend an hour sitting in a bar when there's a whole event outside - and I'm someone who thinks the specialty drinks are a key factor of a Halloween event. Even my group kept moving after grabbing a drink and pictures and taking it all in. To me this is an answer to what SeaWorld did last year (and is doing again this year), and they're smart to do it. We've long since needed a "full bar" alternative to Finns and Chez, ever since they took liquor bottles out of the bar tents in 2017.

I don't think there has to be an upcharge or time limit. HOS at SeaWorld managed some awesome themed bars just fine last year (in their first event year, mind you), and one thing they had that we at HHN won't - air conditioning! Several of their themed bars were indoors, even had actors and performances going on, but people had drinks and kept moving after a short break. Most people aren't going to spend an hour sitting in a bar when there's a whole event outside - and I'm someone who thinks the specialty drinks are a key factor of a Halloween event. Even my group kept moving after grabbing a drink and pictures and taking it all in. To me this is an answer to what SeaWorld did last year (and is doing again this year), and they're smart to do it. We've long since needed a "full bar" alternative to Finns and Chez, ever since they took liquor bottles out of the bar tents in 2017.

Sea World had a TINY fraction of attendees that HHN has. It can take an hour to get seated at Finnegans for a meal where as food and drink options at Sea World (the one Friday I went went in mid Sept) were all walking up. I think we had 2 people in line ahead of us at the bar with the performer overhead...biggest food or beverage line we had at any point. We walked right into the shark bar and got 4 seats at the bar (had 6 people in our group).

While at HHN people were waiting 45min for Twisted Taters last year. A single booth serving a single item.

They really aren't comparable. It would be like saying HHN should pulse their lines like HoS. It's not a practical option.

Reactions: Chumpieboy
Sea World had a TINY fraction of attendees that HHN has. It can take an hour to get seated at Finnegans for a meal where as food and drink options at Sea World (the one Friday I went went in mid Sept) were all walking up. I think we had 2 people in line ahead of us at the bar with the performer overhead...biggest food or beverage line we had at any point. We walked right into the shark bar and got 4 seats at the bar (had 6 people in our group).

While at HHN people were waiting 45min for Twisted Taters last year. A single booth serving a single item.

They really aren't comparable. It would be like saying HHN should pulse their lines like HoS. It's not a practical option.
Of course, HHN is a much bigger event obviously. But this also seems to be a blatant response to what SeaWorld did, so they're trying it - and in bigger/open areas to help keep people moving. I don't see any tables or seating in Sting Alley (thus far) so I don't think staying a while is the intention. Comparing to a meal at Finns is apples & oranges when it comes to an event food/beverage tent. Air conditioning and table service. People will always wait for that.
We attended Howl O Scream on a Saturday in October and there were crowds in the bars. We waited 10-15 minutes for drinks, which is typically about what you wait at a drink only tent at HHN. The food tents are a different animal entirely.
I just think this is a response to something people loved and talked about a lot last year, at an event just up the road, and Universal knows it will be successful for them too. They aren't going to throw an extra price tag on it if their neighbor didn't. Wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1