HHN 31 Construction Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nah. Different team anyway.
Adding to this, the tribute store is definitely not the reason for the little amount of new things added to the central park scare zone in recent weeks. Two completely different teams. The Visual Merchandising Team is solely in charge of the tribute store and other smaller themed merch locations hotels, Uni Stores etc. Plus they build nearly the entire tribute stores ahead of time in a separate location then move it into the tribute store location. This years HHN one has probably already been done inside and they are more than likely already building the Christmas/Holiday tribute store.

I’m sure the budget gets more obscene (in the best way) every year, but I am honestly impressed with the quantity of large props this year. Maybe it’s because they’re more traditional Halloween themes it feels more filled in? Or for the boots on the ground is it as zhuzhed as it looks ?

I almost wonder if anniversary years have become a hinderance for Creative just cuz they have more limited choices to adhere to the anniversary call backs?
Anyway it’s looking amazing!

I almost wonder if anniversary years have become a hinderance for Creative just cuz they have more limited choices to adhere to the anniversary call backs?
Um.. they have years upon years of content to choose from, hardly limited. It only becomes "limited" when IPs get forced into the mix resulting in a house/SZ slot being unavailable. And also, if they bring back the same stuff/recent stuff for an anniversary, that's just laziness, not limitations.

These food booths are definitely a downgrade from last year, scenic wise, BUT the cheap party city "look" also kinda works for that traditional Halloween vibe.

One a side note, they should just keep the old school theatre marquee entrance for the XMAS Tribute Store.... Just repaint it (again) & let Earl vomit his holiday spirit all over it! Add a town newspaper that talks about a "Crazed Christmas Squirrel"

Love that we appear to be getting a barker (even if it's prerecorded) for Pumpkin Lord. I (and I suspect some others) expected him to be on stilts, similar to Bone, which I think would've been an operational disaster - legions of fans and influencers chasing the stilt to the point where it became unsafe/they needed to remain stationary to avoid obstructions. By putting him a single, defined place, everyone can get their picture, and the performer is in a much safer position. (I'm sure there'll be other stilts, to boot.)

Love that we appear to be getting a barker (even if it's prerecorded) for Pumpkin Lord. I (and I suspect some others) expected him to be on stilts, similar to Bone, which I think would've been an operational disaster - legions of fans and influencers chasing the stilt to the point where it became unsafe/they needed to remain stationary to avoid obstructions. By putting him a single, defined place, everyone can get their picture, and the performer is in a much safer position. (I'm sure there'll be other stilts, to boot.)

I was HOPING it wouldn't be stilts as he had to be in a pumpkin like at the end of the house. I had worries of a stilt walker with basically a big wire enforced orange pumpkin dress on. Ha ha ha.

I'm thinking that they might come out and mingle, and have to exit for cast changes anyway, and to pull a Queen Alien move from Aliens and rip himself off his non-essential to survival pumpkin base.