HHN 2022: Universal Horror Hotel | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: Universal Horror Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
that's actually a pretty big boost of space if they arent keeping the queue after the Dead Inside doors. the room all those switchbacks were in could probably fit like 2 or 3 moderately sized scenes in itself.
Indeed, I wonder how the outside entrance will be themed.
I'm also curious what the little hallway leading up will be like unless perhaps the maze will technically start outside and the hallway is sort of like a lobby or queue-line to "check-in".

I really hope this building is kept as a multi purpose space so we can continue to have enclosed houses in the future.
I know! So exciting!
Being indoors, we have so much more control over the lighting. If it'll only be open during HHN we arean't restricted to what daytime guests can handle or restrictions of an IP.
Not to mention the maze having a permanent sound system can make for some incredible audio effects and sound design as well.
More sophisticated lighting can also be installed since they don't have to worry about it being weather resistant.

I'm wondering if we'll be switching this maze out yearly or bi-yearly.
It may have been strategic that Universal chose an original property. They could be planning to go all-out with this maze and elaborate on the story year by year.
Of course I have no basis for this but would be exciting to see.

Reactions: themeparkhaunter
Indeed, I wonder how the outside entrance will be themed.
I'm also curious what the little hallway leading up will be like unless perhaps the maze will technically start outside and the hallway is sort of like a lobby or queue-line to "check-in".

I know! So exciting!
Being indoors, we have so much more control over the lighting. If it'll only be open during HHN we arean't restricted to what daytime guests can handle or restrictions of an IP.
Not to mention the maze having a permanent sound system can make for some incredible audio effects and sound design as well.
More sophisticated lighting can also be installed since they don't have to worry about it being weather resistant.

I'm wondering if we'll be switching this maze out yearly or bi-yearly.
It may have been strategic that Universal chose an original property. They could be planning to go all-out with this maze and elaborate on the story year by year.
Of course I have no basis for this but would be exciting to see.

According to Murdy, nothing will be done to the exterior of the building.

Reactions: MikePat
According to Murdy, nothing will be done to the exterior of the building.
It'll still be a hospital and have the hospital hallway? Interesting... maybe they're going for a episodic sort of feel then unless you somehow go from a hospital to a hotel.

I really hope this building is kept as a multi purpose space so we can continue to have inclosed houses in the future.
Tbh I don't see why they wouldn't. Like sure Hollywood doesnt have a ton of real estate for new attractions, but the walking dead space was already decently small, could see it just being used as a multi purpose venue for storage or break rooms or whatever when Horror nights isn't in there.
Can't imagine they'd put a new year round haunt in there both due to the difficulties they had running them before and its proximity to Pets and Despicable me, since thats basically the most child friendly part of the park. Personally I'd accept maybe a little horror museum like they used to have in the queue of House of Horrors, but I doubt that's possible for the same reason mentioned above.

Either way, I fully expect this space to keep being used. I'm honestly maybe even more excited for this than I would be a standard soundstage house, since with SS29 they tend to keep that big door partially open and it always suffers from light bleed. Given the structure of the building, this might be our first real orlando soundstage-like experience in a long while.

It'll still be a hospital and have the hospital hallway? Interesting... maybe they're going for a episodic sort of feel then unless you somehow go from a hospital to a hotel.

Oh sorry, I just meant the actual exterior of the building itself. Not sure exactly what they will do with that exterior hallway, but they did add some speakers and the TVs are still there I believe.

Reactions: nicodingus
I'm very interested in this house. As I'm only going to Orlando, I'll have to be sure to watch plenty of walkthroughs of this!

That's interesting. Maybe they've made it look more like a backdoor alleyway. I struggle to see how it would fit thematically with the hotel, given they didn't change the exterior very much.

Will certainly interesting how they dressed up the hallway. Unless the maze doesn't start in the hotel, they had to do something with that small stretch of hallway and the.outisde.

I'm pretty interested to see how they utilize this space!

So they're using the cage room that was for TWDA for building storage?

Also glad to know they likely demolished everything from the main hospital queue on. I imagine they used part of the houses' budget to fund the demo ofTWDA so hopefully this means they'll have more $$$ to work with for whatever they put in here next year!

So if it uses the hospital queue part but gets rid of a part of the old TWD maze, it makes it roughly the same-ish length?

So if it uses the hospital queue part but gets rid of a part of the old TWD maze, it makes it roughly the same-ish length?
I think so? It sounds like we’re going to exit the very back end of where the trucks were while the cage area will be unused if I’m reading that correctly?

I think it's still a net win in terms of usable space. Remember, they're using the entirety of the truck bay and some adjacent backstage area. That room was a quick pass-through in Walking Dead.

If memory serves correct, some of the scenes in Walking Dead were actually quite large.
The flow was a bit weird and may have hurt the perceived length of the maze just a bit.
HHN houses usually utilize space differently than year-around houses.

I remember the truck scene actually being pretty sizeable. The space just wasn't utilized to it's best potential.
There was also quite a bit of space behind the trucks it seems. Sure we're losing the cage area but it honestly isn't a whole lot of real estate we're giving up.
I think claiming the main switchback area of the queue might actually make it a tad bit longer than the original run. Just that area alone was a bit bigger if not the same space as the cage area.