HHN 2022: Terror Tram featuring Us & Nope | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: Terror Tram featuring Us & Nope

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cloves comments has made me genuinely excited and intrigued, as I can see where Peeles idea could come. Especially given the themes of NOPE and how that can be applied with Harry.

Reactions: Jaden
Cloves comments has made me genuinely excited and intrigued, as I can see where Peeles idea could come. Especially given the themes of NOPE and how that can be applied with Harry.
My thoughts exactly. Terror Trams would always have a video explaining backstories which made them interesting. Perhaps they can find a way to connect the UFO sightings on the backlot along with Hollywood Harry?

My thoughts exactly. Terror Trams would always have a video explaining backstories which made them interesting. Perhaps they can find a way to connect the UFO sightings on the backlot along with Hollywood Harry?
To be honest I really don't expect it to be tied in aside from maybe Hollywood Harry mentioning that the tethered are working for him or something, since it seems like the rest of the tram has a general traditional halloween theme based on the masks murdy has posted. Doesnt really seem like any of the parts theyre throwing in will be too congruent. I wouldn't be surprised if its like 2018 where these are all just things harry has somehow conjured and the rest is left up to suspension of disbelief.

All I can say is that if the NOPE section doesn't end in having to squeeze past an extended inflatable wall effect, while listening to people screaming, it's going to be the worst missed opportunity in years :lol: :lol::lol:
Oh my god… if Universal still had the rotating tunnel, that would’ve been the perfect way to mimic the tram and tourists being swallowed, sprinkle in guests screaming SFX and there ya go!

Oh my god… if Universal still had the rotating tunnel, that would’ve been the perfect way to mimic the tram and tourists being swallowed, sprinkle in guests screaming SFX and there ya go!

I almost hope they could do something similar in F&F, even though that'd probably be expensive as hell.

Hmmm, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but how would you make that work with using F&F?

Thinking about it, and I'd say..using the simulation room, you bypass the two preshow videos and go into a small film where you are driving, and the trams; by the process of something Harry attaches to the tram cars, causes the trams to rise up into Jean Jacket. It tries to swallow guests, but because we are within metal contraptions, we wouldn't be able to be swallowed.

Think, like the T-Rex and Maggie mouth scenes, but taken to a level where you could include smells, wind effects, and water effects. Probably would never happen, but a man can dream (hence why even I think it wouldn't make sense).

Thinking about it, and I'd say..using the simulation room, you bypass the two preshow videos and go into a small film where you are driving, and the trams; by the process of something Harry attaches to the tram cars, causes the trams to rise up into Jean Jacket. It tries to swallow guests, but because we are within metal contraptions, we wouldn't be able to be swallowed.

Think, like the T-Rex and Maggie mouth scenes, but taken to a level where you could include smells, wind effects, and water effects. Probably would never happen, but a man can dream (hence why even I think it wouldn't make sense).
Huh that’s actually pretty neat idea! Nice way to connect J.J and Hollywood Harry there! I wish that were possible if costs weren’t such an issue.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
1660879632100.png

Soooo...
sounds like they don't intend to connect the story at all to actually incorporate the Jordan Peele bits.
That'll probably be pretty confusing for a lot of people not in the know, wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people wondering why theres black cats and sheet ghosts on something advertised as a Nope and Us attraction.
It does make me wonder where exactly the cutoff between sections will be though. I wouldnt be surprised if there isn't even a sign of Us or Nope until you actually get to the jupiters claim sets, but following what I said before, im not sure how general audiences will feel about Us and Nope taking up about 1/6th of something with their titles prominently featured on the poster.

Like I mentioned from the description, it sounds like it's simply just US on the NOPE set. It specifically reads as the US characters being the finale. IMO, this is slight false advertisement from a name point of view and kinda useless. Honestly, the prank characters/Gordy/lady with a ripped off face running around the NOPE set and US characters in WOTW would've made more sense to me.

Like I mentioned from the description, it sounds like it's simply just US on the NOPE set. It specifically reads as the US characters being the finale. IMO, this is slight false advertisement from a name point of view and kinda useless. Honestly, the prank characters/Gordy/lady with a ripped off face running around the NOPE set and US characters in WOTW would've made more sense to me.

They're saying props, audio and lighting in the NOPE sets, which makes me think we'll get a little more Jean Jacket than we're expecting.

They're saying props, audio and lighting in the NOPE sets, which makes me think we'll get a little more Jean Jacket than we're expecting.
Outside of what they already have for the Studio Tour, plus some maybe deleted segments (like the horse in the truck), and slightly amped up lighting/audio, I wouldn't expect much. I don't think we're getting any abduction scenes, full scale UFOs, or anything like that...

Outside of what they already have for the Studio Tour, plus some maybe deleted segments (like the horse in the truck), and slightly amped up lighting/audio, I wouldn't expect much. I don't think we're getting any abduction scenes, full scale UFOs, or anything like that...

I mean, no, full scale UFOs were probably never in the cards, but I doubt this will be only "Us in the Jupiter's Claim sets."

Whatever it ends up being, all I know is everyone I've told about getting to just walk on the NOPE set is excited just for that. I think GE will be happy with that as well but I hoping they can somehow do something with aliens from the film. Even if its just blackwalls and people screaming and water hitting you and a bad smell

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I don't know whether to put this in the Tips thread, but how long is the Terror Tram? I'll be going for the first time on opening night with Express and super excited about walking the NOPE set. Might want to do it twice and worried about it cutting into my time at the event!

I don't know whether to put this in the Tips thread, but how long is the Terror Tram? I'll be going for the first time on opening night with Express and super excited about walking the NOPE set. Might want to do it twice and worried about it cutting into my time at the event!
Per videos about 12-16 mins depending on the flow of the maze.(to walk it) Add on like 3-5 mins to walk to the new section and go through it...but could be longer because I know I plan on getting a Picture on the set of Nope before I leave and so will many so could slow the line down, unless they put a side area for that (like they do with the Psycho house). Plus riding the tram so about 20-30 mins if there is not line.

That's my issue if going on this maze first really cuts into the other mazes, you can easily get 2-3 other mazes done in that time if you go to another area when the mazes open.