HHN 2022: La Llorona: The Weeping Woman | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: La Llorona: The Weeping Woman

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like a lot of extraneous media for Horror Nights isn't properly archived considering the seasonal nature of operations. Also, the original was 10 years old, I can't find media that old either lol.

I feel like a lot of extraneous media for Horror Nights isn't properly archived considering the seasonal nature of operations. Also, the original was 10 years old, I can't find media that old either lol.
I can understand that, but if I were running the event, I would personally have a giant hard drive and a backup for archived media. You never know when you might need those sound files again. I mean I hear sound effects from the audio triggers that have been used since at least 2010. I've heard that same drill sound used in the houses since 2010's HotTC.

But I digress. That's awesome they were able to get the same voiceover person.

That's awesome they were able to find the original voice actor to do the voiceover again, but I'm wondering why they couldn't just reuse the same recording from the 2011/12 house? Did they just get rid of it thinking they wouldn't need it again?
He said the script changed.
I'm guessing the take on the story has changed.

Reactions: deadbydawn
I can understand that, but if I were running the event, I would personally have a giant hard drive and a backup for archived media. You never know when you might need those sound files again. I mean I hear sound effects from the audio triggers that have been used since at least 2010. I've heard that same drill sound used in the houses since 2010's HotTC.

But I digress. That's awesome they were able to get the same voiceover person.

I think it maybe had more to do with the storyline changing a bit because they are combining the best of from the two previous versions. It was probably better to just re-write a new narration that fit the flow of the maze instead of using the old narration and building around that.

Reactions: Freak
He said the script changed.
I'm guessing the take on the story has changed.
How in the world did I miss this. Now it makes sense.

I think it maybe had more to do with the storyline changing a bit because they are combining the best of from the two previous versions. It was probably better to just re-write a new narration that fit the flow of the maze instead of using the old narration and building around that
This also makes sense. It probably was easier to just do a new voiceover now that I read these two posts.

Reactions: deadbydawn
The old La Llorona look was horrifying. Not sure how I feel about no prothetics. Guess we'll have to see.

Reactions: nicodingus
Eugh... hopefully it looks better in person, not a fan of those open walls
I can sympathize, but that scene with La Llorona eating the child from the roof looks better than it did in 2012 where there was no ceiling whatsoever and she was looming over the room which
didn't look right.
The finale puppet looks a bit cramped there, hopefully it'll look fine once it gets dark.
Well, that's just the nature of the Parisian venue. Not much they can do about it. The house looks basically what I expect: Same as the last two iterations put together but more "cramped" to fir Parisian. It will look better at night, I'm sure.

I'm so very glad they're theming the black tunnel of doom finally. Looks like it's a faithful recreation of the original runs.

I'm so very glad they're theming the black tunnel of doom finally. Looks like it's a faithful recreation of the original runs.
I didn’t want to look any further cuz spoilers, but FINALLY. This will be the first house in the venue ever to break the trend of the black hallway of doom going into the courtyard.

I was wondering if there was some mandate that forbade them from ever having any sort of set dressing in that hallway.

Boy when not even the infamous black hallway of doom isn’t even showing up in Parisian Courtyard this is a really good sign that black walls will be few and far between this year!

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I find it really interesting that they took the time to update the big La Llorona's a little bit, they could have really easily just used the same ones theyve been reusing all over zones and stuff for who knows how long. Makes me feel like they're really going above and beyond this year with their new budget. Really like how they look, even if that 2nd one definitely needs something to cover up the back.

Honestly the lake scene looks better than it did in the original. Maybe a little smaller (can't tell), but it has a slightly better design. The scare at the end looks a little more scaled back though with the bridge hand rails there -- I don't think they were there before for a closer scare.

Honestly the lake scene looks better than it did in the original. Maybe a little smaller (can't tell), but it has a slightly better design. The scare at the end looks a little more scaled back though with the bridge hand rails there -- I don't think they were there before for a closer scare.

Guessing there was some sort of safety regulation that’s changed. It’ll be up to the performer to sell that scare - lot of ground to cover fast.

Figured why not and decided to write down the narration for the facade of La Llorona.

Once there was a poor girl who loved a rich man. Her name was Maria. She killed her children to be with this man. She drowned them in a river. But the man would not have her; so she drowned herself in the same river where she drowned her children. And now the water is their grave.

But some say she still walks down by the river. You can hear her at night, crying for her dead children/ searching for other children to join them. They say those who hear her cries are marked for death. Do not go out out of the dark my children, do not go by the river or La Llorona will find you.

Even after death, she found no rest. Heaven would not take her. She was damned for all time to wander the earth, searching for her dead children. Now they call her by a different name:
LA LLORONA.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts