Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In a way, TV Land was actually a step back for getting classic shows out there. I latched onto these shows back when Nick at Nite was still a thing. I mean, staying up late to watch shows on Nickelodeon was great! When TV Land came around, it was seen as the "old people's station" so it sort of had its niche audience and was less likely to draw in more people. The lessened exposure meant the shows did not stay in pop culture consciousness. I mean, even TV Land is producing new sitcoms now to draw people to their station and most of those shows star someone famous from the 80's/90's.

Very, very true and I am also someone who grew up with Nick-At-Nite and that's how I grew up with a lot of these shows. I guess younger kids didn't get classic shows passed onto them like 90s kids did. Go figure. At any rate, if they're dumping Lucy, shouldn't they aim to do something besides yet another store that will likely be empty most of the time?

I'm not sure the point of turning the entire building into another gift shop. The Universal Studios Store is literally right across from it, why do we need two big gift shops next to each other?

I have zero issues with Lucy being replaced btw. It's not an attraction I visit and anything in the parks that is outdated is on the chopping block. The only sad thing would be seeing the original opening day USF attractions being cut down to 2 (ET, Horror Make Up Show).

I'm not sure the point of turning the entire building into another gift shop. The Universal Studios Store is literally right across from it, why do we need two big gift shops next to each other?

It sounds as if it might be more specialized than just another gift shop. I am wondering if it might contain M&G's as well...

It strikes me like Hogwarts and Kong taking over a part of JP. I hate it, but my pragmatic side also sees how good it could be for the bottom line and the parks. Difference is, Kong and Potter doesn't cause me to gag.

It sounds as if it might be more specialized than just another gift shop. I am wondering if it might contain M&G's as well...

It strikes me like Hogwarts and Kong taking over a part of JP. I hate it, but my pragmatic side also sees how good it could be for the bottom line and the parks. Difference is, Kong and Potter doesn't cause me to gag.

Yes, but the kiddos are into M&Gs, and this is the new Universal we're talking about

They wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't good for the bottom line. That's literally the motive behind every move Comcast has made in the past 2-3 years.

The parks are expanding at an amazing rate, which is great for fans of the parks, but they have always found underutilized areas of the parks to stick a new store, eatery or M&G into.

So kudos to Comcast for finding ways to improve the product, while also improving the bottom line through various different outlets. I mean, look at Diagon, it's basically a mall (it even has a $50 interactive wand game) and Springfield is a giant food court/carnival. That's simplifying it, but it's interesting how they've been able to take so much real estate and use so much of it for F&B and merch.

They wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't good for the bottom line. That's literally the motive behind every move Comcast has made in the past 2-3 years.

The parks are expanding at an amazing rate, which is great for fans of the parks, but they have always found underutilized areas of the parks to stick a new store, eatery or M&G into.

So kudos to Comcast for finding ways to improve the product, while also improving the bottom line through various different outlets. I mean, look at Diagon, it's basically a mall (it even has a $50 interactive wand game) and Springfield is a giant food court/carnival. That's simplifying it, but it's interesting how they've been able to take so much real estate and use so much of it for F&B and merch.

Essentially, Universal is taking each of it's lands and turning them into independent entertainment meccas which always speaks $$$. Capital spending at it's finest.

Essentially, Universal is taking each of it's lands and turning them into independent entertainment meccas which always speaks $$$. Capital spending at it's finest.
Yup, i'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's just so interesting to me how they can almost disguise and hide the massive amount of shopping and dining. I guess that's what some amazing rides can do. Makes you not care about it as much and actually enjoy it. Just went on The Simpsons Ride? Here, now immerse yourself in an entire LAND of Simpsons themed shopping and dining. Just went on Forbidden Journey or Gringotts? Now immerse yourself in entire LANDS of shopping, dining and live entertainment. It's a remarkably great business strategy.

Hazel: A Tribute?

Title_Card_to_Hazel_%28TV_Series_1961%E2%80%931966%29.jpg

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yup, i'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's just so interesting to me how they can almost disguise and hide the massive amount of shopping and dining. I guess that's what some amazing rides can do. Makes you not care about it as much and actually enjoy it. Just went on The Simpsons Ride? Here, now immerse yourself in an entire LAND of Simpsons themed shopping and dining. Just went on Forbidden Journey or Gringotts? Now immerse yourself in entire LANDS of shopping, dining and live entertainment. It's a remarkably great business strategy.

You answered your own question. The way they could do it is by going over the top with the theming... making it wondrous and immersive and very specific to the franchise. The difference between a $200K store and an $800K store can make all the difference it seems.

You answered your own question. The way they could do it is by going over the top with the theming... making it wondrous and immersive and very specific to the franchise. The difference between a $200K store and an $800K store can make all the difference it seems.
Oh I know, it was never really a question. Just some thinking out loud. It really is an amazingly successful business strategy for them and is one that Disney has yet to successfully implement in their FL parks. Avatar is their shot at it, but it doesn't have an amazing merchandising prospect.

I suspect we will see this strategy continued with the Nintendo land as it hasn't failed yet.

Lucy land will certainly be amazing..

but seriously..Production Central needs some loving..so I'm down with whatever they choose to do

I am a fan of Lucy, but the "attraction" is pretty much a one and done kinda thing. Now, if they just turn it into one big store, that would feel like somewhat of a loss, unless it's a store that carries merch you can't find in any other store on property. That would make it worthwhile.

With some people on here feeling uneasy about the replacement I assume it's going to be Leno: A Tribute.

With some people on here feeling uneasy about the replacement I assume it's going to be Leno: A Tribute.

While that would be horrid, it's closer to Bibbity Bobbity Boutique without the boutique (at least I think without the boutique). I know nothing about this so-called project except for the Notice of Commencement and someone else's sources. I nary repeat an unknown source.

While that would be horrid, it's closer to Bibbity Bobbity Boutique without the boutique (at least I think without the boutique). I know nothing about this so-called project except for the Notice of Commencement and someone else's sources. I nary repeat an unknown source.

So aimed towards girls?

If they transform kids into minions by dressing them in overalls and painting them yellow then there's no hope left. I will NOT be part of the Bibbity Bobbity Banana Boutique.

I honestly don't see how this is bad. There's a lot of masculinity and not a lot of female oriented fare at UOR. Having one thing that's aimed more towards the female demographic isn't the end of the world, especially since it's a fairly small location.