Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK, it's a cartoon, just like the Simpsons and Despicable Me and Spongebob, of course it doesn't have the immersion of a 3D world like Potter, it's not meant to.

The interactivity will be meet and greets, this is not a surprise.

Not everything is an E Ticket. If you always expect E Tickets (even from stores based on cartoons) you will always be disappointed.

OK, it's a cartoon, just like the Simpsons and Despicable Me and Spongebob, of course it doesn't have the immersion of a 3D world like Potter, it's not meant to.

The interactivity will be meet and greets, this is not a surprise.

Not everything is an E Ticket. If you always expect E Tickets (even from stores based on cartoons) you will always be disappointed.

Yea...it's a Hello Kitty gift shop. I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Yea...it's a Hello Kitty gift shop. I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Umm.. some might have been expecting "enhanced interactive retail experiences, as well as custom designed merchandise, enjoy photo opportunities with Sanrio properties, create souvenir versions of Hello Kitty’s signature bow, and a Hello Kitty Meet & Greet."

Reactions: Cole
Umm.. some might have been expecting "enhanced interactive retail experiences, as well as custom designed merchandise, enjoy photo opportunities with Sanrio properties, create souvenir versions of Hello Kitty’s signature bow, and a Hello Kitty Meet & Greet."

Keep in mind, it is still in Soft Opening phase. Not to say there were some cuts, but we know the M&G is coming based on Quint's post.

Either way, the ultimate goal for the shop was to sell merch, which it does, and offer a photo op with Hello Kitty, which it will.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The only thing not there (yet) is make a bow, other than that it's either there or coming soon. And the make a bow thing is probably coming soon as well (if it's not there already).

For fans of Hello Kitty, it looks like a fine store. I don’t expect I’ll be setting foot in there to shop, but if it makes some people out there excited and happy (and willing to spend money, of course), then it’s a nice addition to the store lineup for the park.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Literally all that was cut, supposedly, were a few statues outside. Nothing to worry about.

Then I was picturing something else entirely, or the Spongebob store is also an enhanced interactive experience in Universal PR-speak.

I think everyone is confusing what this store is supposed to be...The stores in say Diagon or Hogmede are supposed to live in a 'world'...this does not, this is simple a small store outside of the Hollywood area of the park..

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Yeah, I am wondering if the cuts weren't because of Uni but because of Sanrio. I can only assume they have their rules of how these stores should look and perhaps they nixed some stuff that wasn't part of Sanrio's look.

As a true, manly, Kittybro I'm getting realy upset about this cutting news. If I won't be able to design my own brobow and not get a meet and greet and touch her feet experiance I'll trow my Hello Kitty manbag away and convert to be a Spongebro on the spot!

Well I expected it to be better(it isn't horrible) but I already saw multiple things I'm going to buy when I go so it doesn't matter lol .

Orlando Parks News has a huge number of photos on the store interior and exterior. There's actually what appears to be three separate areas, of which Hello Kitty is the largest...*Hello Kitty *Betty Boop *Universal Pictures