Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm drooling over here. I knew this ride was going to be great. I did not think it would look that great. The ride vehicle looks incredible. The seats look really comfortable. One concern is that seats like that will be destroyed by guests. I'm sure Uni will keep them maintained. Can't wait to ride it.

Are the seats indeed "stadium" seating? To me it looks like they are all the same height? Hard to tell from the photo. Just wondering because I remember that was one of the early details to leak about the seats.

Are the seats indeed "stadium" seating? To me it looks like they are all the same height? Hard to tell from the photo. Just wondering because I remember that was one of the early details to leak about the seats.

They are stadium; look at the edge of the seat bottom mouldings nearest to the camera (up the side of the riders' left legs) and you can see they increase in height relative to the floor of the vehicle.

There is an outdoor queue and it's on the same level of detail as the greenhouse in Hogwarts.You will enter the front of the bank and immediately make a left to the long outdoor queue. Once you're through that, you will enter back inside and right through this area where you will be given a little pre-show instructions from the goblin at the far end. He's the most life like of all of the AA's.

Is this ride a roller coaster or is it a robotic arm like Forbidden Journey?

From what I gather it's mainly dark ride on a track with minor coaster elements. The kuka arm is utilized in the ride though as well.

Wow... did I just hear some dirt... big big BIG dirt, and it has nothing to do with the ride system... at all. I cannot say spit just yet, but trust me when I say that I was shocked and mortified; troubled even... still am.

Wow... did I just hear some dirt... big big BIG dirt, and it has nothing to do with the ride system... at all. I cannot say spit just yet, but trust me when I say that I was shocked and mortified; troubled even... still am.

Oh come on Teebin...TELL US! :hail:

I'm sure a lot of you got the same email I did and have seen this, but I haven't seen it posted here yet:

[video=youtube;17ySA77iRyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ySA77iRyI[/video]

Wow. Amazing. Just amazing! Now, do I make plans to head down in October even though I wasn't planning, or just wait? Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Are the screens not 4K or something? Trying to think of what could be so bad that isn't ride system involved. CGI Harry and gang?

^ I'm thinking cutbacks in the queue personally. I heard something about a glaring omission from the overflow queue a couple of days ago (as in, no walls blocking backstage), or it could be some setpiece cut back / absent.

This all looks amazing.

Complains about the video quality, remember it's a downgraded picture from 4K and the compromised by youtube (who is terrible). Add to that the fact you look at it with 3D glasses on and the final result will differ significantly from what will be presented.
I for one am very exited no matter the debby downers. ;-)

The interactive site has been updated with a small virtual tour of Gringotts. It only shows the lobby, but there is a nice view of the ceiling detail. There's also a new flying tour of Diagon Alley.

Last edited:
I'm sure a lot of you got the same email I did and have seen this, but I haven't seen it posted here yet:

[video=youtube;17ySA77iRyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ySA77iRyI[/video]

It drives me crazy how they pronounce "Gringotts" in that video.

The interactive site has been updated with a small virtual tour of Gringotts. It only shows the lobby, but there is a nice view of the ceiling detail. There's also a new flying tour of Diagon Alley.

Hey, what is the URL again?

It drives me crazy how they pronounce "Gringotts" in that video.

How is it suppose to be pronounced :shrug: