Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could be misremembering, but doesn’t Hollywood have a habit of moving in lockstep(ish) with these marketing video releases up until a certain point, when they branch off? With that point being either when the IPs diverge or Orlando has a more in depth theme/backstory that Hollywood just cuts out of their final trailer?
No Not at the beginning normally they only follow the theme for the house announcements this is for sure something completely different. I would really love to see a chance at HHN please let this be a shared theme or icon.

Does the arch reflection remind anyone else of Pennywise's mouth/Deadlights? That combined with the sewers has me wondering if this isn't the early stages of an IT reveal.

Admittedly, haven't been following this thread very closely so I'm not sure what the latest rumors are.

Can't wait for the event to come and for all of this to just simply be marketing and mean nothing lol
That is exactly what I was worried about when I saw the teaser being uploaded to both coasts. I hope it's the idea that was mentioned earlier that it could tie into a theme for Orlando but the trailer was vague enough to be used for Hollywood marketing as well. Hoping they continue this story for Orlando at least... it seems like it could be something super interesting! All we can do now is wait for disappointment hahah

It looked like a beating heart or something like that. Fear or some other Eldritch/Alien-type creature would make sense to me.

With a marketing push this high-budget and non-IP related, I imagine this will have something to do with the events lore, theme, or offerings. It would be kinda silly to do all of this for literally nothing.

Well, y’all wanted the old days… so there ya go. Only difference is that it’s being done through socials instead of a website.
I wouldn't really compare the two but sure. At least back in the day they were clever about it and there was more thought put into the teases. I don't really consider high budget, vague ads on the same level, sorry lol. Also how is this any different from the past few years, especially last year? It's essentially the same marketing tactic as 2023 when they put out that "Legend of HHN" static video.

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

And I for one couldn't be happier. While yes, we didn't get a house announcement, we still did get a very cool trailer with lots of potential lore implications and once again leading us in the direction of an Icon.
Now the question should be is if this is for a icon which it of course it could be why would Hollywood reupload almost the exact trailer. I consider that misleading if it has nothing to do with the event at all. I mean once again no one didn't say that Hollywood could have themed events without a icon. Regardless even if Hollywood doesn't get a icon I'm still looking forward to the IP announcement and tickets.

Hear me out.

Last year, Oddfellow's whole thing was wanting us to 'conquer Fear', and how he wishes to become the most powerful being in 'this universe and beyond!'.

And of course, Adaru is the God of Fear, so he would not be happy about this, and for possibly the first time ever, he himself feels Fear. So despite not being able to leave the Lantern for another 7 years, that first feeling alone of Fear is powerful enough for him to project out into the real world, or perhaps create a spawn, all to reinstate/remind us of his power status.
Going back to this, as an example:

In Breath of the Wild, Calamity Ganon wasn't exactly Ganon per say, but rather a manifestation of Ganon's hatred and anger after being sealed away for so long, and I believe it could be a similar situation here. Calamity Adaru, if you would.

I thought Alicia was joking about a video of nothing, what the heck? lol. That video was awesome though, but it has to be a new icon coming from a cocoon right? Maybe some sort of alien, idk. It’d be weird for a human like icon to come from that thing but alas.
I just find it weird that Hollywood posted that exact video if it does have to do with a Icon. I have never heard of a shared icon or even theme besides maybe 2019 and maybe 2006. This could of course be leading up to a IP announcement I doubt it's leading up to a icon announcement since Hollywood posted that video. Of curse it could still be related to your guy's icon.

Reactions: grlhowl and GA-MBIT
Fears back? Or maybe the icon is “coming back” even though we haven’t seen him before
Is HHN getting a maze announcement or an Icon announcement. This is crazy to be honest considering like I said the fact that Hollywood also posted this video. Some kind of announcement is for sure to coming to both coasts. Fear could actually be coming back to Orlando though.

Pretty sure this is just alluding to HHN being back marketing wise and not a tease of an icon returning. A lot of people are looking at this ad too deeply, I honestly doubt anything in this teaser is setting up or teasing this year's Icon/theme.

That seems really accurate. The question is something is coming but what? The trailer almost looks like something from a paranormal movie meaning that ghostbusters could potentially be the first IP announced. Of course this is all just speculation. I'm not sure what could be coming all I know is something is coming soon/this week.