Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tik Tok Stare GIF
Told you I was going down the rabbit hole :lmao:

70's era had a lot of good stuff for creative influence/ideas. . Squirm, Piranha, The Food of the Gods, Legend of Boggy Creek, SSSSSSSSSSSS, Empire of the Ants, Trilogy of Terror, The Hills have Eyes, Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The Amityville horror, Assault on Precinct 13, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. And many more!

Yes those movies were made in the 70s, but do they have a vibe that can be easily identifed and parodied like the 80s can?

Side note, an AOTKT house would be awesome!

Last edited:
Yes those movies were made in the 70s, but do they have a vibe that can be easily identifed and parodied like the 80s can?

Side note, an AOTKT house would be awesome!

Easily.
Squirm - Wriggle
Piranha - Gators
SSSSSSSSSSS - Ruuuuuuuuf! or Meeeeeeeow!
Killer Lemons!

I didn't even include the popular movies at the time like Jaws, The Omen, TCM, Alien, The Exorcist or Halloween (Spoof would have to be something like Christmas or Easter since Thanksgiving is already taken unfortunately). The rest of the popular IP's could all be easily spoofed too.

I feel like my interpretation of Sinema’s primary joke is very different than everyone else’s. It wasn’t spoofing movies. The whole joke was that it was a schlock house. What made the house funny is that it WASN’T spoofing anything. All of the scenes could have been actual schlock films. The individual films weren’t tied to an era (the drive-in used as the narrative device was), and could have been (made) anywhere in the 50s to the 90s. The house was actually completely straight. It’s the genre that’s ridiculous.

I think doing a “different era” ruins the actual humor of the house.

I feel like my interpretation of Sinema’s primary joke is very different than everyone else’s. It wasn’t spoofing movies. The whole joke was that it was a schlock house. What made the house funny is that it WASN’T spoofing anything. All of the scenes could have been actual schlock films. The individual films weren’t tied to an era (the drive-in used as the narrative device was), and could have been (made) anywhere in the 50s to the 90s. The house was actually completely straight. It’s the genre that’s ridiculous.

All of this! What made Sinema so great was that while, yes it was the comedy house with the genre, the house still played it straight and was genuinely an intense house.

Very much hoping to see that continued in Sinema 2 (if we're getting it). And who knows, it could lead into an original for 34, just as how Attack of the Swamp Yeti's high feedback gave us Terror of the Yukon.

Reactions: Ahmanet and GA-MBIT
"But for some reason is" on the Black and White is what's really interesting to me.

It removes all the things I would automatically guess like something cartoon or alien related. Creatures are new too (as far as we know)

My absolutely random prediction based on nothing is - it's not black and white in a retro sense, but literally split, like the icons on the map or a black and white cookie itself. So lights off, everything blends, lights on, stuff stands out. A reveal, not a strobe
My mind also initially went to the use of black and white as a method of camouflage. A house centered around shape shifters with a Boris Shuster / noir twist would be awesome, with the monsters’ “true” form being revealed in the final rooms. That may be too fitting for the use of black and white to be considered “out of left field” though.

The black and white camouflage concept also feels reminiscent of Cold Blind Terror (or maybe just one scene in that house?). That predates my time at the event, but I think that was the house I read about that utilized a similar concept. Perhaps the “surprising sequel” @Legacy mentioned?

It spoofed 80's B movies in general. You will see that description of the house from multiple sources. Most of them were not specific movies but Midnight Snack 2 was definitely a direct spoof of the 80's movie Critters. Spoofing 70s' 60's, B movies in general with a few direct spoofs would be the next logical step IMO.

"It’s showtime at the local drive-in, where you don’t just catch a movie; the movie catches you. Fear flickers on the screen, filling you with a mixture of dread and delight. Sorority sisters make a monstrous offering. Werewolf bikers go on the hunt. More than jack-o-lanterns are carved at a gut-strewn pumpkin patch. Bloodthirsty children come out to play at a deranged kids’ arcade. As each 80's B movie screams to life, you’ll shriek with terror as you try to avoid alien cannibals, a murderous barber and a ravenous swamp yeti. When the credits roll, heads roll."

Reactions: GA-MBIT
The black and white camouflage concept also feels reminiscent of Cold Blind Terror (or maybe just one scene in that house?).
It was one scene. A recycled scene that was used in previous houses (Scary Tales II comes to mind, possibly Disorientorium too).
1000011410.jpg

The "facade" was also black/white with shattered mirror pieces :eyes:
1000011408.jpg

Also the "Terror" part of this house title was the waittime on a peak night.

It spoofed 80's B movies in general. You will see that description of the house from multiple sources. Most of them were not specific movies but Midnight Snack 2 was definitely a direct spoof of the 80's movie Critters. Spoofing 70s' 60's, B movies in general with a few direct spoofs would be the next logical step IMO.

"It’s showtime at the local drive-in, where you don’t just catch a movie; the movie catches you. Fear flickers on the screen, filling you with a mixture of dread and delight. Sorority sisters make a monstrous offering. Werewolf bikers go on the hunt. More than jack-o-lanterns are carved at a gut-strewn pumpkin patch. Bloodthirsty children come out to play at a deranged kids’ arcade. As each 80's B movie screams to life, you’ll shriek with terror as you try to avoid alien cannibals, a murderous barber and a ravenous swamp yeti. When the credits roll, heads roll."
Yeah theres a few good sequel ideas if the first one leaned more 80s slashers.

Last edited: