Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FWIW - Harold and Kumar was an actual rumor floating around at the time of that map.

Beetlejuice is a more recent discussion.

And some history: Universal originally licensed Bill and Ted for a show because they were, at that time, known but cheap. The design team had an idea/need for a show and could get characters THEY liked because that was their era. HHN is what helped keep Bill and Ted in the broader zeitgeist. Face the Music likely doesn’t happen without HHN.

So, if Universal wants/needs a show with a similar dynamic (stupid buddies meandering about, meeting weirdos) but face the limitations of before (known but cheap), the modern equivalent is… Harold and Kumar.

NO! to the Weeknd! That is not horror! The fanbase is nutty! Keep them away! Bring in a heavy metal group but enough with this pop house! It’s not scary!
I’m not sure if you’re joking or not… but, I mean, his house on both coasts were extremely well received, had some of the longest waits consistently that we’ve seen, and most hardcore HHN fans would agree that it was really well done. If he’s coming to the event, he’s coming to the event, whether you like it or not and no amount of posting here will change that. So let’s keep this discussion to speculation and not “I don’t want this property here.”

had some of the longest waits consistently that we’ve seen
Not sure that is true. Thrill Data has it as the third highest average wait time, behind Halloween and Blumhouse and just barely beating out Dead Man’s Pier. Last year it would have been behind Stranger Things and The Last of Us and tied with Chucky. So I’m not sure I’d consider that some of the longest waits we’ve seen since four houses over the past two years beat it.

Not sure that is true. Thrill Data has it as the third highest average wait time, behind Halloween and Blumhouse and just barely beating out Dead Man’s Pier. Last year it would have been behind Stranger Things and The Last of Us and tied with Chucky. So I’m not sure I’d consider that some of the longest waits we’ve seen since four houses over the past two years beat it.

Wait times are a tough metric to use. Blumhouse had high waits because it was a first-year ops nightmare moreso than popularity reasons. Regardless, Weeknd was still a pretty popular house that year if it was "2nd"; and ultimately, it was generally well-received.

Wait times are a tough metric to use. Blumhouse had high waits because it was a first-year ops nightmare moreso than popularity reasons. Regardless, Weeknd was still a pretty popular house that year if it was "2nd"; and ultimately, it was generally well-received.
Agreed, and I feel it can be generally agreed that the Weeknd made a bunch of people eat crow on that house. During my trip, pretty much every run through I had involved folks who thought it was going to be garbage, but came out admitting the house was actually really good!

The house won over a lot of people, which is a factor on why the general reaction to rumors of another is quite positive, including myself.

Another thing to keep in mind in general is Horror is a very broad genre. It comes in many different forms, tones etc. And Halloween events are usually more fun when they explore that spectrum.

I don't have a horse in the race but The Weeknd must have some hard-core fans because no other artist's career could have survived The Idol
Redoing this if only for a better format. But I think there’s a lot of reasons to why The Idol matters as much as a mule taking a leak in the desert:

• After Hours Til Dawn - Leg 2 (As the show was coming out; Leg 2 was fully underway and in turn it brought some of the biggest all time records for France and UK. Both the London Stadium, Wembley Stadium, and Riviera had some of the biggest all time box office debuts during this time; allowing to easily sweep the rug)
  • TikTok (During 2023 when UMG was allowing it; a lot of artists like Taylor and Weeknd had huge boosts in numbers on both Apple Music and Spotify due to the nature of how people were able to use the songs at the time. A lot of his biggest jumps occured during this and with the other thing.)
  • Fortnite Festival (Very simple but I think as important as TikTok; it was the kickstart of Fortnite Festival in a series that has had its main “Festival” season have a major headlining artist be part of it. The Weeknd was benefitted by the attention going to him as a result (including elements from Leg 2 outfit even) and using the only major song from The Idol: Popular as a more notable thing for Fortnite than it did for the show.

When people say his career took a nosedive or fell off due to The Idol; I think people fail to realize the commercial high that he has been on due to After Hours. Even with DawnFM not being as commercially viable; it still warranted buzz and attention.

This year seems to be no different; with producers stating prior that there has been plans for a NA2024 comeback alongside the next two major projects for him being the Schults rumored horror film; and his final album.

Last edited:
FWIW - Harold and Kumar was an actual rumor floating around at the time of that map.

Beetlejuice is a more recent discussion.

And some history: Universal originally licensed Bill and Ted for a show because they were, at that time, known but cheap. The design team had an idea/need for a show and could get characters THEY liked because that was their era. HHN is what helped keep Bill and Ted in the broader zeitgeist. Face the Music likely doesn’t happen without HHN.

So, if Universal wants/needs a show with a similar dynamic (stupid buddies meandering about, meeting weirdos) but face the limitations of before (known but cheap), the modern equivalent is… Harold and Kumar.
Yeah I don't think people are really understanding that H&K would likely just be B&T with different leads lol

Yeah I don't think people are really understanding that H&K would likely just be B&T with different leads lol
I mean, SOMETHING about the structure has to change. B&T relied on pop culture jokes that had culminated over the past months, but things move too fast today. Jokes and trends online can be in and out by the end of the week, and the script at the start of the event would definitely be outdated by the end of the run if they stuck with that format.

I mean, SOMETHING about the structure has to change. B&T relied on pop culture jokes that had culminated over the past months, but things move too fast today. Jokes and trends online can be in and out by the end of the week, and the script at the start of the event would definitely be outdated by the end of the run if they stuck with that format.
Agree to a degree, but I also think B&T relied way too much on dancing/music the last few years. It has its place, but it really disrupted the flow of the show.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I do really enjoy this thread and the information that is provided.

This is one of the strangest speculation seasons I have encountered since I have attended. I asked myself and normal 'squad' I attend with from the UK whether they particulary care about which IPs will be confirmed and whilst would love to see NOES, FNAF or Scream etc it has little basis on us attending and we have had booked for a few months now.

This year we are flying from UK as a group of 6 for 3 nights only as work, wife's and children commitments prevent more now we are older but we always find a way to attend as a group as only time the whole year all six of us are together now.

For me it in the original houses that I have enjoyed most recently I.E Blood Moon and Darkest Deal my Favourites last year and Deadmans Pier the year before. So as much as looking forward to IP announcements its the originals I am looking forward to more

I do really enjoy this thread and the information that is provided.

This is one of the strangest speculation seasons I have encountered since I have attended. I asked myself and normal 'squad' I attend with from the UK whether they particulary care about which IPs will be confirmed and whilst would love to see NOES, FNAF or Scream etc it has little basis on us attending and we have had booked for a few months now.

This year we are flying from UK as a group of 6 for 3 nights only as work, wife's and children commitments prevent more now we are older but we always find a way to attend as a group as only time the whole year all six of us are together now.

For me it in the original houses that I have enjoyed most recently I.E Blood Moon and Darkest Deal my Favourites last year and Deadmans Pier the year before. So as much as looking forward to IP announcements its the originals I am looking forward to more
Jumping off of this, I think we will get crowds regardless of the lineup. The IPs draw in new people, but many of those people become fans of the event itself and continue to return.

I've been attending since 2016, and an original has been my #1 each year except for 2018! (Poltergeist)

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m never good at deciphering Legacy clues but a quick google search pointed this to being the first lyric from a song titled “Every Story Is A Love Story,” which is a from an Elton John musical. The song is sung by an Egyptian Pharaoh.

Is this possibly pointing to an Egyptian themed house? Or maybe simply a Universal Monsters Mummy house?

IMG_1971.jpeg

I’m never good at deciphering Legacy clues but a quick google search pointed this to being the first lyric from a song titled “Every Story Is A Love Story,” which is a from an Elton John musical. The song is sung by an Egyptian Pharaoh.

Is this possibly pointing to an Egyptian themed house? Or maybe simply a Universal Monsters Mummy house?

View attachment 21643
The clue is even more specific…

View attachment 21643
Rumored Egyptian original

Reactions: Ahmanet
The clue is even more specific…
Hmm…it’s sung by a female Egyptian pharaoh. Is it related to the gender swapped UM rumor? Or am I getting colder?
Rumored Egyptian original
I honestly don’t recall an Egyptian original rumor. Just the Greek rumor. I feel like there’s so many different rumors this year, it’s hard to keep track. :nervous:

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts