Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, a world in which GB and Elm (if it’s coming) are tier 2 and Freddy’s is tier 1 is a world with confused priorities. (I understand that Freddy is enormously popular).

Honestly, Freddy’s gimmick is so basic - ironically scary mascots - Uni should be able to create their own take with much better art design, settings, and backstory, all of which are weak in Freddy.
they could probably get the rights to the Show Biz crew for like $18!
1713533880986.png

I appreciate the review. I’m surprised universal couldn’t/didn’t want to work something out to make it a house. Would be a perfect first announcement and good promotion for movie.
It’s a good example of the “disconnect” that exists within Universal as a corporation. They’re not “unified” the way you’d expect. Unless corporate/films tells the parks (especially Entertainment) about properties in advance, the HHN team only knows about stuff that’s available publicly. HHN has also been burned in the past by tying themselves by unproven Universal films (Wolfman, Dracula Untold).

Not suggesting something has actually changed last minute here - I’m just curious: what is the LATEST in the season a house has been pulled? Scream with Purge at 25? Conjuring with Hive at 27? Evil Dead with Hellblock at 31? I recall that Us was a relatively early replacement, but could be wrong. Just wondering how little time the team actually had to pivot and retrofit those.

Not suggesting something has actually changed last minute here - I’m just curious: what is the LATEST in the season a house has been pulled? Scream with Purge at 25? Conjuring with Hive at 27? Evil Dead with Hellblock at 31? I recall that Us was a relatively early replacement, but could be wrong. Just wondering how little time the team actually had to pivot and retrofit those.
Off the top of my head, I believe it’s Purge/Scream - which was in August. Even had the commercial filmed.

Hoping beyond hope that if Sony successfully acquires Paramount, it makes Scream attainable in the future.

It’s not just the studios, it’s the makers of the costume that also have some say.

Off topic of the thread, so my apologies, but what was the exact reason for the change again?

The Studio wanted the show. Universal wanted the film. Studio decided to pull out.

Last edited:
It’s a good example of the “disconnect” that exists within Universal as a corporation. They’re not “unified” the way you’d expect. Unless corporate/films tells the parks (especially Entertainment) about properties in advance, the HHN team only knows about stuff that’s available publicly. HHN has also been burned in the past by tying themselves by unproven Universal films (Wolfman, Dracula Untold).
Makes total sense, once announced you’re stuck. Or even just built you’re stuck, I’d imagine.

Re: spec vs wishing, there's been a lot more magical thinking going on in the fandom recently where people think they can will things into existence - attractions, haunted houses, announcements (FNAF ON THE FINAL NIGHT GUYZZZ), etc. The only thing this does is lead to disappointment and confusion.

Off the top of my head, I believe it’s Purge/Scream - which was in August. Even had the commercial filmed.

The Studio wanted the show. Universal wanted the film. Studio decided to pull out.

Yarp, but I heard it was MTV who was pissed.

I'm making my HHN 33 watchlist. I just removed nightmare on elm street sadly. And I have already watch Ghostbusters. So here is my list

Universal monsters: brides of dracula and the she wolf of London,
The Insidious franchise
A quiet place

From what I heard we are probably getting these 4 IPs and 6 originals.

Getting this out the way now. Kreuger is one of my must see’s for HHN, and if he isn’t coming this year I’m disappointed, but I’m still going. I will see him at HHN one day!

I’m actually pretty happy for a year to let the originals shine. I first went for my 30th and first house I did was the shining. I enjoyed it, mainly because the older couple in front of me got every scare giving me a false sense of security. I then did dead waters and was on my own through the whole house. Blown away by the opening, loved the whole thing, and was super proud I made it to the end without being too scared. I saw the light shining through the exit and strode there confidently thinking I survived solo. Then all of a sudden something came up on my left from the ground up to my face to scream at me. I nearly fell over sideways, only to look back and nothing was there. I still don’t know what got me so good, other than stories of it being a voodoo doll. That was the moment I was hooked. Long story short, whilst IPs are fun, the originals keep me coming back for more. So much more room for creativity and scares. Think that’s why universal monster houses do so well - familiar with an original twist where you don’t know what’s coming next. In my opinion I hope we have more original houses over IP, or at least original takes on IP (thinking of poltergeist, my fave).

Whatever the lineup is (Krueger or not) I’m going to have a great time. We don’t get anything of this quality in the UK so making the most of it whilst there lol

(FNAF ON THE FINAL NIGHT GUYZZZ)
If this is in response to last year's event spec, I think the situation was handled pretty reasonably, at least on IU.

There was some discussion on whether it would be announced like that or not, and most people here either thought it was a toss-up, or just straight wasn't happening. I thought it was possible; given Chucky's unprecedented announcement the year before, the huge box office success of the FNaF movie only a few weeks earlier, the Blumhouse connection, etc. It felt similar to the week or two after Tears of the Kingdom and SNW (HW) made a gigantic splash and we suddenly got much more concrete rumors of Zelda in LC. I don't think it came from absolutely nowhere.

It didn't turn out that way, but I also didn't see anyone making a fuss out of it here. Just kind of an "Okay, maybe next time". If there was a ton more commotion elsewhere on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, then eh. That's just what happens there, it's why I don't participate in the community anywhere else. This place feels like it stays within reason 95% of the time.

Any ideas where you will enter the new ST queues from?
I believe the current theory is that Sprung 3 will enter between FFL and MIB (where Sprung 2 has entered the past two years), and that Sprung 4 will enter through DreamWorks, which if true, we are in for a long haul of walking.

Reactions: SeventyOne