Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, a world in which GB and Elm (if it’s coming) are tier 2 and Freddy’s is tier 1 is a world with confused priorities. (I understand that Freddy is enormously popular).

Honestly, Freddy’s gimmick is so basic - ironically scary mascots - Uni should be able to create their own take with much better art design, settings, and backstory, all of which are weak in Freddy.
Oddfellow goes corporate. There, I wrote it.

Honestly, Freddy’s gimmick is so basic - ironically scary mascots - Uni should be able to create their own take with much better art design, settings, and backstory, all of which are weak in Freddy.
I wouldn't consider it ironic, a significant portion of the general population is creeped out by animatronics, finding them to be very uncanny (not that I agree at all). The original game was masterful in its atmosphere and tone, especially in the way it effectively used subtle sound queues. This was largely lost in the later games and film though.

Not to get into a thing here, but I really disagree. I think the art design and setting of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria and the original five animatronics + the Puppet are really fantastic and very recognizable for those with any knowledge on the franchise. It was one of the major bright spots of what I thought was a rather dull and unexciting movie adaptation. The location with it's checkerboard patterns, specific childrens drawings strewn across the walls, each specific room with it's individual purposes like the dining hall with the main stage, the kitchen, the Endoskeleton room with the animatronic parts everywhere, Pirate Cove with Foxy. In a flood of indie horror games and horror properties in general, I'd argue a sizable number of people can recognize Freddy Fazbear and the gang in a lineup. There's more than enough to work with.

Could they pull off an original Schittie's Kids house and lampoon Chuck E Cheese/Showbiz Pizza in a similar way? I'm sure, but I do think there is something major missing without including the characters and setting of FNaF itself. The property is simply incredibly well-suited for use as a haunt attraction.

This is just slightly off-track, but I want to throw it out there that 2023 had the best collection of originals I've seen since I started attending the event.

Obviously we don't know what's coming this year, but the rumored originals for this year seem like they could be right up there if done right. Super, super stoked.

Saw NOES last week for the first time last week (must be something wrong with me). I liked it and was well done but more humorous than scary. Would make good house with lots of good effects.

Saw Frozen Empire last night as well. Some good material for a house. Could actually be scary.

Saw NOES last week for the first time last week (must be something wrong with me). I liked it and was well done but more humorous than scary. Would make good house with lots of good effects.

Saw Frozen Empire last night as well. Some good material for a house. Could actually be scary.
Oh boy, if you thought the first NOES was humorous don't bother with the rest of the franchise lol

Funny, I thought the chaos was from a scare zone / house situation.
Weeknd?

Funny, I thought the chaos was from a scare zone / house situation.

Apparently NOES is off the spec table now, according to the convo over on discord. Which saddens me if true. Really want a house based off the original film.

Also there’s a lot of twilight gifs being used. I don’t know what that’s about, but I don’t like it. :nervous:

Uni should be able to create their own take with much better art design, settings, and backstory, all of which are weak in Freddy.

Could they pull off an original Schittie's Kids house and lampoon Chuck E Cheese/Showbiz Pizza in a similar way? I'm sure, but I do think there is something major missing without including the characters and setting of FNaF itself.
I said the same thing. I think a Schittie’s Kidz house would be a lot of fun. That’s one of the houses I have wanted from Slaughter Sinema. But because we are in the middle of the FNAF craze, I feel as though it would be judged against FNAF which wouldn’t be fair since this is an original that won’t have the same following.

So unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s the right time for a Schittie’s Kidz house.

It would be really unfortunate to lose NoES, and to not get Friday seemingly either. A big slasher icon is always a good thing for the event, and Mikey/Leatherface need a break. If not this year, I hope NoES or Friday finally make it for the 34th next year. It'd just be nice to see it back after a complete decade.

I said the same thing. I think a Schittie’s Kidz house would be a lot of fun. That’s one of the houses I have wanted from Slaughter Sinema. But because we are in the middle of the FNAF craze, I feel as though it would be judged against FNAF which wouldn’t be fair since this is an original that won’t have the same following.

So unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s the right time for a Schittie’s Kidz house.
You're right. It would most likely be judged as a FNaF house unfortunately, and probably seen as a ripoff concept unless they go a really different direction with it. I think Schittie's Kidz is a good concept that deserves a better time and place. If Seeds, Decendants, and The Last of Us can all co-exist, I think these can too. But they do need to be spaced out appropriately.

But as others have mentioned did we really lose anything, if it was never official in the first place. I understand the disappointment but everything needs to be taken as a grain of salt till officially announced.
We had some rumors it could be coming and now we have rumors its not. So sounds like its a toss up and imo this is what makes spec season fun. Either way, opens the door for a new IP potentially and who knows what that could be, but exciting to speculate!

But as others have mentioned did we really lose anything, if it was never official in the first place. I understand the disappointment but everything needs to be taken as a grain of salt till officially announced.
We had some rumors it could be coming and now we have rumors its not. So sounds like its a toss up and imo this is what makes spec season fun. Either way, opens the door for a new IP potentially and who knows what that could be, but exciting to speculate!
That’s what I was thinking. This year really has been up in the air and I don’t think anything is set in stone that’s rumored.

Reactions: theuberguberman
Seems like a lot of people over on some of the discords think if ANOES isn’t happening it’ll be TCM instead. I really hope that’s not the case cause assuming GB and Insidious are happening that would mean three repeats this year, or even four if the rumors that the monsters house is Bride vs Drac’s Brides again are true.

Last edited:
I say "lose" as shorthand meaning that it is no longer being considered as a major and collectively vetted rumor, rather than Universal actually losing the rights to the IP or something. Is it entirely accurate to say "lose"? Not at all, and there should probably be a different term for this kind of thing; but my larger points still stand. It's a shame that it's seemingly not coming, no matter what happened at Uni to get us to this point.