Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah B&T had its packed shows, but the first and last show wouldn't always be packed. You could show up 2 mins prior to showtime and find a seat.
Well yea. Its called "low waittimes" for houses.

However, a pro could see the last show of the night & still make it into a house queue before the park closed. Universal is very big when you're trying to get from FFL to the soundstages :skull:

This past year you had to arrive 15+ minutes before showtime to get in.
That's nothing lol...

But, take a packed arena watching B&T, and a packed arena watching HNF... HNF is getting far louder reactions and applause at the end.
Yea... scantily clad half-naked dancers. The GP are mindless zombies. Again, drunks.

That's nothing lol...
Not saying the wait is unbearable, but that was something you didn't need to do with B&T or AoV previously.

Yea... scantily clad half-naked dancers. The GP are mindless zombies. Again, drunks.
That was basically B&T during the last few years of the show anyway lol

The HNF deniers sure are something. It is one thing to say it's not "your thing", but to repeatedly deny that it is anything other than an unmitigated success is folly.
For real, might as well say this while we're at it: Halloween Nightmare Fuel has become a staple of HHN.

Until Universal figures something else (or removes FFL)... I think we're stuck with HNF.

I’ll also add that HNF has had some of the highest GSATs of any HHN show.
Not to mention this from earlier this month. I've never cared enough to give it a chance, but it's pretty obviously an all-around W for the event.

It was the highest-rated show in the history of Halloween Horror Nights, IAAPA said.

I know the fangy skull on the map is thought to be a Dracula related film, but it would have been cool to use it as an opportunity to introduce Epic Universe Dracula and maybe cameo a couple others.

We could actually see the moment he attacks the drumline and takes their clothes, Terminator style.
I know the skull dosent really match, but for some reason it made me think of the movie Tusk.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Alright then. I’ve been proven wrong. I’ll respectively accept defeat lol

Edit: also I mean no offense to the performers of HNF. They do kill it every night. However, yes, it isnt my thing. I just don’t get it. Like I said the repeatability just isn’t there for me. I still always see it at least once though, so I’m not saying I hate it. Still crossing my fingers for this 2nd show though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashmingingmasher77
As far as, Silent Hill vs A Quiet Place preference ( I realize this doesn't mean that either will be at the event), I'd be very excited for a Silent Hill return. However, I do understand that it's popularity level isn't as high as other the IPs, making it unlikely. Not impossible but unlikely.

I can't wait to see what is actually going to be at the event this year, hopefully we are in for some positive surprises.

Can't say I agree on that take much personally. HHN has used IP's that arguably have much lower popularity than Silent Hill does to great effect, and characters from the franchise have become horror icons themselves in genre circles... Just look at how Pyramid Head has become a lasting horror character despite, outside the movies, only appearing in Silent Hill 2 and Homecoming. With the new remake of Silent Hill 2 and the movie adaptation of 2 both dropping this year and the properties history at HHN, I think it is overall a much better fit for the event than A Quiet Place (even if it is based on the new film)... Especially given the expected location of the house.

I'm not necessarily convinced either is coming, but I have to agree that Silent Hill works better as a Horror Nights house than A Quiet Place.
The biggest 'huh?' for me with people thinking the tempt tent house is A Quiet Place is... It's the temp tent house. The creatures in A Quiet Place are not small, so would likely need multiple American Werewolf or bigger sized puppets to pull off well, and in that location... I'm not sold. I'm not exactly convinced it's Silent Hill either, but A Quiet Place in that location??? I'm REALLY not convinced of that.

I think you’re pretty spot on. It’ll be interesting to see if the Monsters house gets its own video like the original bride and legends or if it just gets announced with the originals like Unmasked. If it is a Drac house, since he’s more marketable than the Unmasked monsters they may opt for its own announcement.

And then of course if it is still a 5/5 split like the map suggests that’s another possible announcement to take into account. Maybe it could be something like:
Late March - GB (single nights)
Mid/late May - “unknown IP” (putting it here so it’s easily removable)
Mid June - SH/AQP
early/mid July - ANOES (multi nights)
Late July/early August - UCM + full dump
Funnily enough, if the unknown IP is The Strangers, Chapter 1 releases May 17th...

"If you hated [scarezone] wait till you see [house]."

Out of sheer curiosity, was that comment directed at you? As in its involving a scarezone you yourself didn't like?

Or was it a general kind of statement? I'll admit if it actually involves a zone that generally wasn't liked, I'm quite intrigued since there's a good chunk of past zones which didn't do well, but could work as a house...or at least have a fighting chance.

I've been a H&K denier but I just made the connection between the castle symbol=White Castle. I'm convinced now lol
Or it's "Wayne & Garth Visit Alice Cooper's Haunted Castle"
Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

I’ve never been into the dance shows. I’d rather do another run through of my favorite house than sit there for 45ish minutes and watch people dance with fire.

This is not a dig on any one show specifically. Just that type of show isn’t for me. I thoroughly enjoyed Bill and Ted. But honestly, part of what made them great for me was because they made fun of everyone and everything. In today’s world, they have to be very careful of what jokes they write or someone will get offended and it will become a thing. Just not sure if it fits today’s climate.

I also never find “Hey let’s go get high and say and do weird things” funny. And I’m afraid that’s what a H&K show would be.

Just my own personal opinions.

So bringing up Wayne and Garth is a good point. I don’t necessarily like them, or Harold and Kumar or even Bill and Ted. They are just the hosts. Use them for a loose theme and you can do whatever you want Halloween related. Bill/Ted would have never had Trump Tweets or Eleven backpack dancing but it all worked and I thought it was great. A good diversion from the Houses, I have faith Universal will make the content enjoyable.

(I did watch a quick YouTube of some H&K clips and it wasn’t bad. They didn’t seem just high and out of it.)