Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I keep seeing people mention that there's a new Silent Hill movie coming out this year. When is it supposed to release? Because I've never heard about it outside of this thread lol
There's no set release date yet. All we know is that it apparently finished filming last summer, it's based on Silent Hill 2 and we know most of the cast. They say it's going to release this year but I doubt it since we've gotten no trailer or news since last year.

There's no set release date yet. All we know is that it apparently finished filming last summer, it's based on Silent Hill 2 and we know most of the cast. They say it's going to release this year but I doubt it since we've gotten no trailer or news since last year.

Interesting. Like you said, I'd imagine it won't be this year with such little information or buzz around it.

Reactions: saint.piss
Not sure if it's worth mentioning but the Silent hill 2 Remake is also a PlayStation exclusive just like The Last of Us was. While we don't have a release date for the remaster there was a trailer for it during the latest PlayStation showcase that showcased games releasing in 2024. I would imagine they may want to push the film release closer to the games release

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
(I did watch a quick YouTube of some H&K clips and it wasn’t bad. They didn’t seem just high and out of it.)
In the awkward position of defending a film I found mid at best, but I thought the first did an ok job of capturing/satiring college life in NJ (source: went to college in NJ a decade earlier). Weed more of a part of that for some than others, but everybody knew at least a couple guys like that, and it wasn't the only aspect to the film. At its core it's the classic Odd Couple pairing, uptight anxious guy with let-loose-and-party guy. You can build a lot of comedy off that circuit.

Tbh, Wayne’s World makes the most sense. You have the NBC/Peacock connection, and 90’s memberberries. But it also begs for comparison to Bill and Ted which ran for a quarter century.
First WW movie came out in 92 but it was already pretty dated--instant nostalgia for the Atari Wave Gen Xers who didn't "get" Nirvana. The satire is directed mostly at public access TV and arena rock, so the 'memberries are largely rooted in the late 70s/80s. And even if you watched it at 13--you'd be 45 now. Way outside the target HHN demo. Finally there are horror stories about working with Mike Myers, who probably still owns some piece of the IP.

Harold & Kumar take on Mike Myers this Halloween
Wait, Mike Myers or Michael Myers? Or maybe both?

Ah, now I want Michael Myers to be a new Austin Powers villain.

"Oh no, you killed this hapless babysitter! The way you've stuck her to the wall using a knife as a tack is pretty groovy, baby. But you still have to be stopped. Judo chop!"

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
I’m surprised that they would have a show in animal actors. They never use the theater they host grinchmas in and that would help with crowds. Nevertheless, are we sure the castle could not mean Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95