Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 307 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First time posting here after a long time reading. Aside from the entertaining speculation, thank you @Legacy for introducing me to Rick and Morty! Sure, I didn't connect any of the dots or decipher the clues but man is that a funny show!

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
So does anyone know where to stream the movies for hhn28? So far I’ve streamed

Killer Klowns for outter space (Hulu)
Halloween 4 (Comcast)
Stranger things (Netflix)

Anyone know where else to stream them?
Tubei TV app on the amazon fire stick is a free streaming service similar to Netflix and has mainly 70/80’s horror as well as B movies. I know Killer Klowns is on there

Since we're in a bit of a lull, I thought I'd bring something up.

I know we were all expecting a ridiculous surge in attendance this year with the addition of Stranger Things.

I personally had about 10 people that had never gone before ask me about the event, and for recommendations. Now that we're getting down to it, only one of those people have actually made any plans to attend at all.

What is everyone else seeing out there? I'm sure there will be a spike, but I can't help but feel it might be a little overblown.

I know we were all expecting a ridiculous surge in attendance this year with the addition of Stranger Things.

I personally had about 10 people that had never gone before ask me about the event, and for recommendations. Now that we're getting down to it, only one of those people have actually made any plans to attend at all.

What is everyone else seeing out there? I'm sure there will be a spike, but I can't help but feel it might be a little overblown.

Very different set of circumstances but this year will be my first, flying over from the UK for the event. Our party started out as 10 people all planning to attend for the first time, it's now down to me and my partner. I was also supposed to be meeting a few friends from Florida there as well but even they have backed out.

I can only imagine there being a spike in attendance especially with the higher house count but what will be interesting for me is to see how spread the crowds are between the houses. Completely outsider in the dark guess which won't count for much but my guess is Stranger Things and I can see Slaughter Sinema being a draw but we'll see. I'll be making a beeline for Trick 'r' Treat and Carnival Graveyard!

It really comes down to marketing. As an out of state fan, I can tell you everybody I talk to about HHN has NO idea what i'm talking about except for one or two people that love Universal but have never done HHN. If your not looking up theme parks on google, odds are you will never see the ads for them. They never show HHN ads on TV in Texas. I feel like for most out of state people, you have to either hear about the event from somebody that went or at least have an interest in theme parks and look into them from time to time. I'm honestly surprised Netflix isn't promoting it on their website. That would be a quick way to reach a REALLY large group of people all at once.

While i'm sure Stranger Things will increase the crowds, I don't see it being a huge increase. In fact, I think we might see overall shorter queue times for most houses considering we are getting one extra house and will have one extra ride open.

It really comes down to marketing. As an out of state fan, I can tell you everybody I talk to about HHN has NO idea what i'm talking about except for one or two people that love Universal but have never done HHN. If your not looking up theme parks on google, odds are you will never see the ads for them. They never show HHN ads on TV in Texas. I feel like for most out of state people, you have to either hear about the event from somebody that went or at least have an interest in theme parks and look into them from time to time. I'm honestly surprised Netflix isn't promoting it on their website. That would be a quick way to reach a REALLY large group of people all at once.

While i'm sure Stranger Things will increase the crowds, I don't see it being a huge increase. In fact, I think we might see overall shorter queue times for most houses considering we are getting one extra house and will have one extra ride open.
Which extra ride?

Reactions: itd_toby
Which extra ride?

Fast and Furious is pretty much a given to be open this year considering it is brand new and away from everything so it's a decent draw to get people to that side of the park. The fact that no scarezone is planned to go at it's exit is pretty much a sure sign they want it open and didn't want people exiting out into the zone all night long considering it was always a small zone to begin with.

If Horror Made Here weren’t a thing, they’d be guaranteed record attendance.

On that note, what was the most lucrative overall IP lineup they’ve had? I’d guess 24, with TWD at its peak viewership, AVP and Halloween for the first time.

Oh and Joe: I think for some people, “Millennial” is just the default term for anyone below 25. Kinda annoys me, would much prefer the term “Gen Y” to fit with “Gen X” and “Gen Z.”

Reactions: HalloweenStar
I’m not arguing. I’m just saying that I don’t think a ton of people will come out because of stranger things. Everything is on YouTube. And there are a lot of people that will just do that instead. Money and mileage and time. Something millinals won’t waste on anything

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit