Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 213 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
80s theme excites me, zone concepts are, apart from Vamp, meh.

This year’s zones will REALLY depend on execution both set-wise and cast-wise, but don’t they always?

Hopefully Twisted is more than just a generic “Central Park forest” zone, and I actually have high hopes for Harvest’s execution.

Vamp, on the other hand, is almost guaranteed to be great, but I feel it’s the only one with this guarantee so far.

All in all, very good marketing, and LOVE the new site and theme.

If AHS is a zone that’s a waste of space entirely IMO. The show stopped grabbing my attention after freak show and we’ve seen all but cult in a house. Granted I’d rather it not be a house so if it has to be there it’s the best worst case scenario for me lol. Hopefully the zones surprise me and are actually good. Just happy for more original houses than IPs for this year

By the announcements today - it should start helping sort out some rumors.

As well as AHS would, or Trick ‘r Treat.

It’s not so much a year full of 80s properties, just a year where everything is descibed like it’s from the 80s. ;)

Trick 'r Treat is inspired by the horror films of the past - including the 80's. It fits.

If AHS is a zone that’s a waste of space entirely IMO. The show stopped grabbing my attention after freak show and we’ve seen all but cult in a house. Granted I’d rather it not be a house so if it has to be there it’s the best worst case scenario for me lol. Hopefully the zones surprise me and are actually good. Just happy for an even split of original houses and IPs for this year
^ Edited for accuracy. :thumbsup:

Trick 'r Treat is inspired by the horror films of the past - including the 80's. It fits.
True, but I was trying to accentuate how i feel they’ll try to make properties sound straight off of the back of a VHS with the house and zone descriptions, even when they were released in 2008.

I really don't know how Happy Death Day fits now.

And how cool would it be if AoV has an 80's themed show?

Happy Death Day doesn’t fit too much now with the 80’s theme since Groundhog Day & Scream were both released in the 90’s.

Edit - Nvm. So in Harvest would Tree be on the stage while the Killer would be in the streets?

Happy Death Day can be filed under New Releases and I'll just accept that. :)

I did get a VHS copy of the first episode of the new season of MST3K. It's great and plays like (expletive self-deleted).

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Just went onto the website and noticed the TV with the IP’s as VHS tapes. Whoever came up with this concept(80s year) needs an award because this year is already setting up to be one of the GOATs

Edit - I think with Vamp ‘85 announced The Lost Boys might be dead as far as this year goes. So IP’s we‘re thinking at the moment are StrTh, TrT, Poltergeist, HDD, & Halloween?

Last edited:
I really don't know how Happy Death Day fits now.

They could easily do like "Happy Death Day: 1986" and do the scenarios from the movie, but just with decor/props/music/clothes from the 80s... They could keep the baby face mask and just change the rest.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
They could easily do like "Happy Death Day: 1986" and do the scenarios from the movie, but just with decor/props/music/clothes from the 80s... They could keep the baby face mask and just change the rest.
Or they could just make a maze based on the film. TrT won’t be explicitly 80s, but they’re not gonna change the property to make the 80s connections super obvious.

Reactions: Legacy

It has to happen. #BeKindAndDoItForDuaneAoV

QGTI9Iw.gif