Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 203 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They need to give up the “roaming” hordes of clowns. It’s boring now.

I've always hated this kind of thinking. not only do the clowns bring up scares to a dead zone like the Simpsons, but some of the best scares happen here.
some of the greatest scares that happened while i was at the parks sitting by the zones were in here. That zone SUCKS when there is nothing in it.... and you want to "give it up? " what?

Same with Alters of Horror if they ever did it again. It was cool to see all of the characters up close but the zone sucked compared to Chance’s(and also in general)

I So wished that Altars of Horror had a theater screen playing clips of the movies and shows... that zone could have been amazing if instead of the stupid banners they spent that money on building a screen like if you were in a movie theater. they didn't have to put anything else but make the props make it look like a theater. have a ticket booth or something.
All those characters on the zone walking around could have been so amazing if it was set up like All Nite Die-In: Double Feature from 1015 but without the cars around (for space) they could have set up that white sheet and a projector and the zone would have been 10 times better.
I really really hated those banners, they did nothing, they were dumb. Yeah I KNOW they were advertising the IP properties, but people are already in the park, why didnt they make at least stages like Chance zone? or anything else.... that zone could have been great but those banners kinda ruined it. the zone needed cooler props.

You preferred Chance's zone to AoH? It's the opposite for me.

The stages were better than the props of altars, the actors in the chance zone had much more fun roles. Chance talking to people was really awesome, the highlight of the zone. she was always funny and it was great to see her mess with people. seeing chance yell at people is one of the best things from that year.
The actors in altars did great too of course, but the roles that the people had in the chance zone were so much funny to see.
Chance zone had better props and had better more entertaining roles. the zone was simple yet it was so great to experience

Yeah.

EDIT - Alright... Going out on a limb. Our final house clue.

b4MiiVti6-jstB4bpKBT6qyi22s=.gif

latest

Hey, so on Nightmares they’re talking about the possibility of them getting rid of FFP. Can anyone in the know confirm or deny this? Because I will be very angry if they do away with it.

It's such a bad location for a zone. The only zone I've liked in that location has been MASKerade for how atmospheric it was

Esqueleto muerte is my all time favorite zone in that area and probably one of my all time favorite zones in general.
The costumes, the coffins, the glow in the dark light. that zone was so amazing to see. specially the people on stilts at night.
The purple glow in the dark lights gave it this creepy atmosphere. the actors looked so great. the giant skull paintings at the entrance, the colored lighbulbs hanging from side to side.........
truly for me, one of HHN prettiest scarezones

And the Wizard of Oz zone was pretty cool. the actors swinging from building to building and the witch talking to people was really nice. didnt have much props but it was cool

I wish Uni got more creative with the stuff they did in this zone, i wish they made better props that they could roll out. or use the walls on the buildings more, put projections on the walls or something. i know the space is small and I know the parade ruins any chance of permanent props.
But the stages for chance was a good example of them doing something interesting. or i wish they would hang more stuff on top...
i know the budget doesnt allow for a lot of stuff and they have to think of the parade, but there could be cool things they could do like using the building walls more or hanging more stuff....

Even a zone like Canyon of Dark Souls in this area could work and wouldn't have to affect the parade cars. Canyon was kind of funny looking but i wish they brought that back with better canyon walls to this area. make the canyon actually look like rock walls lol

Esqueleto muerte is my all time favorite zone in that area and probably one of my all time favorite zones in general.
The costumes, the coffins, the glow in the dark light. that zone was so amazing to see. specially the people on stilts at night.
The purple glow in the dark lights gave it this creepy atmosphere. the actors looked so great. the giant skull paintings at the entrance, the colored lighbulbs hanging from side to side.........
truly for me, one of HHN prettiest scarezones

And the Wizard of Oz zone was pretty cool. the actors swinging from building to building and the witch talking to people was really nice. didnt have much props but it was cool

I wish Uni got more creative with the stuff they did in this zone, i wish they made better props that they could roll out. or use the walls on the buildings more, put projections on the walls or something. i know the space is small and I know the parade ruins any chance of permanent props.
But the stages for chance was a good example of them doing something interesting. or i wish they would hang more stuff on top...
i know the budget doesnt allow for a lot of stuff and they have to think of the parade, but there could be cool things they could do like using the building walls more or hanging more stuff....

Even a zone like Canyon of Dark Souls in this area could work and wouldn't have to affect the parade cars. Canyon was kind of funny looking but i wish they brought that back with better canyon walls to this area. make the canyon actually look like rock walls lol
I enjoyed Path of the Wicked and Esqueleto Muerte, too. Maskerade was decent. Everything else in that spot, not so much. I'd like to see them ditch both this location and San Francisco as far as scarezone placement. With today's crowds, I just don't think zones with set pieces logistically work there anymore.

I enjoyed Path of the Wicked and Esqueleto Muerte, too. Maskerade was decent. Everything else in that spot, not so much. I'd like to see them ditch both this location and San Francisco as far as scarezone placement. With today's crowds, I just don't think zones with set pieces logistically work there anymore.

where could they put zones instead?
I have asked that same question and i have wondered but the answer i hear is that there is nowhere else where zones can go. thats it. if you take out these two zones then the park ends up with just 3 zones.

where could they put zones instead?
I have asked that same question and i have wondered but the answer i hear is that there is nowhere else where zones can go. thats it. if you take out these two zones then the park ends up with just 3 zones.

Kid Zone? Since it's out of the parade's path?

Zones SHOULD be in open areas/convergence points. Ideally, they would be in:

NYC (specifically in front of Macy*s/Museum)
Mel's
London Waterfront
The NY/San Fran intersection (F&F entrance)
KidZone/Animal Actors

Those should be the hard zones. Three/four smaller "Terror Troupes" (about half the size of a horde) would legitimately roam between "streets." And each would have a key gimmick (stilts, saws, cycles for example).

That's how I would run it.

Last edited:
Zones SHOULD be in open areas/convergence points. Ideally, they would be in:

NYC (specifically in front of Macy*s/Museum)
Mel's
London Waterfront
The NY/San Fran intersection (F&F entrance)
KidZone/Animal Actors

Those should be the hard zones. Three/four smaller "Terror Troupes" (about half the size of a horde) would legitimately roam between "streets." And each would have a key gimmick (stilts, saws, cycles for example).

That's how I would run it.
Sounds awesome. I’d be up for that. Essentially nowhere but Diagon Alley and maybe Springfield is safe. However the general public may disagree

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Sounds awesome. I’d be up for that. Essentially nowhere but Diagon Alley is safe. However the general public may disagree
There's a way to block the scareactors in a zone so there's "safe" ways through for guests. The trick is to make it LOOK like there's no safe space. And the Troupes would fluctuate location so much while being so distinct they'd be easily avoided.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I remember reading that zones could not be made by the waterfront? i remember bringing up the areas by the Lagoon like 2 years ago and the replies were that nothing can be put next to the lagoon?
I dont know, I cant remember who i was talking to back then, I just remember that the waterfront was a no go.

And i remember someone saying that the kid zone was not a good idea because it would be kinda lonely and empty in that area. i mean just look at how bad Ash Vs Evil dead did.

I remember reading that zones could not be made by the waterfront? i remember bringing up the areas by the Lagoon like 2 years ago and the replies were that nothing can be put next to the lagoon?
I dont know, I cant remember who i was talking to back then, I just remember that the waterfront was a no go.

And i remember someone saying that the kid zone was not a good idea because it would be kinda lonely and empty in that area. i mean just look at how bad Ash Vs Evil dead did.

Can be blamed on two things:
#1. That house sucked.
#2. Because this was before they decided to move Nintendo to the third dry park, they moved the entrance for the sprung 1 house right next to the sprung 2 entrance (first time since 2006, the first year they used the sprung tents); this caused not many people to visit the area combined with #1. I expect them to move the sprung 1 entrance back to the Kid Zone.

Can be blamed on two things:
#1. That house sucked.
#2. Because this was before they decided to move Nintendo to the third dry park, they moved the entrance for the sprung 1 house right next to the sprung 2 entrance (first time since 2006, the first year they used the sprung tents); this caused not many people to visit the area combined with #1. I expect them to move the sprung 1 entrance back to the Kid Zone.
I don't.

Anyway, here's how I would operate/set the streets if I were in charge (and money was a limited object)...

Attachments

• My HHN Streets.png
    My HHN Streets.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92