Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mike pretty much confirmed on Twitter that it's not going to be "Vamp '74". Whether that means the concept is completely different, or just the rumor mill getting out of control...

Mike pretty much confirmed on Twitter that it's not going to be "Vamp '74". Whether that means the concept is completely different, or just the rumor mill getting out of control...
It's vampires in a house with a 70s aesthetic. Because the Conjuring has a 70s aesthetic.

That's where the whole Vamp 74 came from. Similar to Dark Fortunes, it was never something that was supposed to even BE a rumor. Just people hearing or seeing something and shouting that it's true.

Reactions: HHNManics
Probably too late, but I wonder if Stephen King or a third party owns the rights to Salem's Lot.
From what I've heard about the Shining, I wouldn't expect King to be in the mood to sign off on something he still has any modicum of control over.

The Conjuring was fully approved until it wasn't. And the house was basically built by the time the legal issues got pushed into licensing agreements. It's replacement sounds... serious. It definitely doesn't feel like a dark comedy house. And it may allow some unique visuals that hadn't been seen yet in a vampire house.

Remember... you have to invite them inside...

From what I've heard about the Shining, I wouldn't expect King to be in the mood to sign off on something he still has any modicum of control over.

The Conjuring was fully approved until it wasn't. And the house was basically built by the time the legal issues got pushed into licensing agreements. It's replacement sounds... serious. It definitely doesn't feel like a dark comedy house. And it may allow some unique visuals that hadn't been seen yet in a vampire house.

Remember... you have to invite them inside...

Well, this all sounds great. I'd rather have a Vamp 55 spinoff, but this doesn't sound bad at all

Reactions: SeventyOne
How hard would it be to get a video game franchise as a house ? Like The Last of Us , The Evil Within or Resident Evil( biohazard would be the perfect setting)

Reactions: Joel
Silent Hill was a house at HHN 22 and Resident Evil was a house at HHN 23

They were both really bad.

With Silent Hill you at least had the benifit of doubt due to that IP was dropped on them and they had to shoehorn it into AWIL's planned layout. That and Mike admitted that's a IP they wouldn't mind going back/doing over.

Resident Evil on the other hand, well it doesn't have the benifit of a doubt since boy that was wonky.

With Silent Hill you at least had the benifit of doubt due to that IP was dropped on them and they had to shoehorn it into AWIL's planned layout. That and Mike admitted that's a IP they wouldn't mind going back/doing over.

Resident Evil on the other hand, well it doesn't have the benifit of a doubt since boy that was wonky.

They also clearly only had time to watch the Silent Hill film (which was dubious as a source) and shoehorn one key character from the latest "Downpour" entry. Just a messy house.

Less said about Resident Evil, the better. Misfire.

:D

I've been told it's coming back. I've also heard it's getting a new addition that just sounds bizarre. Like, I don't know what they exactly expect to do with it.
I'm very much okay with bizarre ... :)

Thanks for the information. It helps make the next 114 days (until I get to universal) bearable. Lol.