Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The content could be very creepy, plus they have a ton of material that the house could be based on. Just because the material is cartoon based does not mean it couldn't be scary or even gory for that matter. But I really think its a mute point as I doubt they would do it.

I liked the Monster house last year, but it was essentially all the big name classics from Universal. But I believe there is Frankenstein and Dracula reboot coming out, so that is why I was thinking they might go with one of those.

The tree house of horrors idea could not work as a house, But I think it could work as a scarezone in the Springfield area.
And it wouldn't have to be gory or too scary, They could just have characters dressed up like if they were in halloween costumes or have them as monsters or something and make this zone as a photo op zone. It could be fun and dark, but not gory or anything.

I would much much rather see this... Than seeing another walking dead street zone. I know some people could complain that "it's not scary" but it doesn't really have to be. I think it could be fun. Kind of like the Esqeleto Muerte zone in 2010. I Loved that zone, I don't care what anyone says about the scariness.

I liked the Monster house last year, but it was essentially all the big name classics from Universal. But I believe there is Frankenstein and Dracula reboot coming out, so that is why I was thinking they might go with one of those.

We had both a Frankenstein and a Dracula house back in '09 as well. It's too soon to expect to see a return of them, in my opinion.

Is Scream really something that would translate that well into a full blown haunted house. It's all Ghostface and victims. Granted we did have Saw which was just Pigface, 1 Jigsaw, and victims.

Yeah, but Saw had the reliance of those pretty trap scenes.

A Hitchcock house? He's more suspense than horror. They've relied on Psycho enough that there aren't too many other iterations that can be done IMO. I'll pass.

Aliens would be neat, but I wonder if there is a "conflict of interest" since Disney utilizes the movie in GMR and Universal can't obtain the rights. Anyone know more?

As far as what I want to see...

For IPs, Hellraiser would be great. There is a lot of potential to create some killer-looking cenobites and their Hell would translate really well as a maze. I'd love to see Gill-Man get a house himself, but it's probably a long shot. A Demon Haunted house would be great. It could tie-in with Paranormal Activity or The Conjuring just for IP's sake, but it can translate well if they do it right.

As much as I'm growing weary of zombies, if they did bring it back next year, it has to be an original idea, and stop the Walking Dead tie-in. The locations that could come on the show (Alexandria, Hilltop Colony) aren't radically different than what we've already seen for the most part and would be beating a dead horse (even though this year already made sure the dead horse was dead). As for original, I'd like to see Wild West Zombies.

Aliens would be neat, but I wonder if there is a "conflict of interest" since Disney utilizes the movie in GMR and Universal can't obtain the rights. Anyone know more?

Ohhh, I didn't think of that. I assume Disney has the full rights to the property since Alien Encounter was originally supposed to be based off of the xenomorph and Disneyland was supposed to get a Nostromo ride in '95...you don't make big plans like that without having some sort of exclusivity clause I would imagine. That really sucks because an Alien house would be fantastic--has the potential to mix the stunning sets of Interstellar Terror with the puppets from AWiL and the scares of Thing Assimilation.

FYI this season of AHS involves bringing back the dead and had zombies last episode so if they wanted to incorporate zombies in a non-TWD matter this would be the way to go.

An Alien house could definitely work. Especially with awesome puppets and costumes, it could be a house that will be a must-do. Like American Werewolf In London was for this year. I would love an Alien house. Only problem is actually getting the rights to do one, like previously mentioned above.

An Alien house could definitely work. Especially with awesome puppets and costumes, it could be a house that will be a must-do. Like American Werewolf In London was for this year. I would love an Alien house. Only problem is actually getting the rights to do one, like previously mentioned above.

AHS is also a property Fox owns, maybe Universal will get a deal on both to use?

AHS is also a property Fox owns, maybe Universal will get a deal on both to use?

I don't think Fox is the issue (although it might be)...the issue is that Disney undoubtedly has the rights to the Alien franchise in some way, shape, or form and we don't know if there's some sort of exclusivity clause that prevents other parties from utilizing it.

I'm thinking Insidious is going to get cloned over here, Hollywood's HHN Twitter just announced it was the highest rated house in the event's history.

I'm thinking Insidious is going to get cloned over here, Hollywood's HHN Twitter just announced it was the highest rated house in the event's history.

Let's hope not, any house they bring here from Hollywood doesn't do anywhere near as well.

It also comes down to the difference between Orlando's and Hollywood's creatives. For example, the reason why Hollywood's Alice Cooper house was so well-received was because it was Murdy's passion project, whereas AC ended up being pretty ho-hum in Orlando because the creatives there didn't have the same kind of inspiration for it.

Same thing goes for the Silent Hill house. Hollywood actually wanted to do it, whereas it was forced on Orlando, making the difference in quality between the two versions pretty huge.

I've heard a few rumors saying that NBC/universal May be buying AMC, if they do buy AMC I don't see a reason why they would not use TWD each year based on the previous season. I personally hope it is true. I'm a huge walking dead fan, and TWD brings in crowds and money to uni.

I'm a huge Walking Dead fan, but PLEASE GOD NO MORE WALKING DEAD AT HHN!!

I've heard a few rumors saying that NBC/universal May be buying AMC, if they do buy AMC I don't see a reason why they would not use TWD each year based on the previous season. I personally hope it is true. I'm a huge walking dead fan, and TWD brings in crowds and money to uni.
If Comcast bought AMC and used TWD every year until it gets cancelled, that would make me a mad man (get it? :lol: )

If Comcast bought AMC and used TWD every year until it gets cancelled, that would make me a mad man (get it? :lol: )

185961_10150106136717772_7254993_n.jpg