Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
...or a year round haunt.

Interesting. Always thought that Universal needed more horror-based attractions. It's basically a walkthrough attraction not unlike Poseidon or Trike, and not much more staff than a typical ride requires. I'd vote yes, or maybe just a horror dark ride would suffice.

The old HRC building is a storage building a believe right now, and it wouldn't be easy to get crowds in and out of there either.

Ummm... , this thread is way too early to even appreciate XX.
Right now it's more speculation oriented and I'm telling you if you have a generic idea that sounds good it's probably been pitched around by A&D (Just think they've been going the icon route for 10+ years). I had this concept for a house in 2006 right after I attended called "Turbulence" based in an airplane. At the VIP Lounge presentation last week they went on to talk about a house they were going to do for the Fate year in 2005 if it happened at USF with an airplane and eventually you went through the fuselage and what not. Granted mine had a very different core story to the concept it was still the same concept of "Let's put a house in an airplane."

the concept it was still the same concept of "Let's put a house in an airplane."

I love the old-school Deadtropolis and such, but posting threads like these get locked soon. Anyways: I'm pretty sure all of us can come up with the Carey, Ohio story; Its just what makes you come up with it. Serious businessmen. We know some of the make-up guys for HHN XX and such, but we put some of the content in the clubhouse in our neighborhood. Not to seem like a douche or anything, but honestly: We came up with this 3-5 years ago. Although, Jake: I was legitimately scared in the Warehouse. :lol: That would get my heart racing.

Jake I actually LOVE that idea, and that is definitely something they've never done before now that I realize it, can you imagine walking through the fuselage and you look out of the airplace window and see the engine revving and they have speakers in there REALLY loud..DUDE! I love it, this needs to be done next year for sure.

I would also love to see some of the OLD OLD houses come back with a new spin on it, like Hotel Hell for example was a great idea as well.
+

FEAR should have some kind of presents at the event in some form for a few years or maybe for the rest....sorta like a hidden Mickey HHN style. Since he is the major icon and all...

What houses do you see returning in the coming years?

I personally see there being many, many different Legendary Truth houses. Different haunted places and the like. I also hope to see some more Zombiegeddon houses. I'd love to see a Zombiegeddon done in one of the soundstages. Imagine the zombie apocalypse in a backwater, swampy type place. I can also see them doing Havoc again.

It sucks that they can't really do more with Hades and Catacombs.

What houses do you see returning in the coming years?

I personally see there being many, many different Legendary Truth houses. Different haunted places and the like. I also hope to see some more Zombiegeddon houses. I'd love to see a Zombiegeddon done in one of the soundstages. Imagine the zombie apocalypse in a backwater, swampy type place. I can also see them doing Havoc again.

It sucks that they can't really do more with Hades and Catacombs.

Personally I don't think we have seen the end of Catacombs.

I know a lot of people from Universal have been impressing upon us that this will be a farewell year for many icons and traditions, and I really do hope that they stick to their guns on it. I'm all for starting fresh and wouldn't mind if Jack, the Caretaker, the Usher, the Storyteller, and the Director were put into storage for a good while. Even under-utilized icons like Mary, Eddie, Cindy, Darkness, Terra Queen, etc. should probably take a break for now. Again, love'em all, but seeing new characters will be more exciting.

Old franchises and houses need to be concluded too. No more Psychoscareapy, Body Collectors, All Nite Die-In, Legendary Truth, Treaks, Chainsaw Drill Team, etc. Don't bring back Midway of the Bizarre, Deadtropolis, or whatever favorites fans may have.

Looking at HHNXX, there are some interesting ideas that could develop more in future years. Maybe HAVOC's Dogs of War can take to the streets. You could make a neat house out of the New Yorkshire setting from Saws 'n Steam. Don't know how Catacombs could come back, but I wouldn't mind it!

The most obvious new franchise would most likely be the continuing story of Z-Day from Zombiegeddon and Zombie Gras. I don't immediately recall HHN having a reaccuring zombie franchise, and it seems you could imagine some good houses or zones from seeing how Z-Day has affected various parts of the country.

Maybe the Plague Doctors escaped the Catacombs. You can have the Doctors and the Infected (Skeletons) walking the streets. :shrug:
Maybe Shadow Creek had other experiments we haven't seen (tested).

Well it depends, certain houses I can see as sequelish.

I didn't go through Catacombs, but by the sounds of it, it was a great house and I missed out. I wish they would make a sequel so I could experience it

I don't expect any sequel houses from anything we've seen this year or years before. But if I had to choose, I'd love ZombieGeddon to become the new Psychoscareapy.

I'd love to see Catacombs as a sequel also. Or, I should say, a prequel even. I would like to see Catacombs set in the actual period of the Black Death era.

Hades has become one of my favorite houses ever, and I'd love to see a return here also. Not much of a story with Hades though, so I'm not sure how that would work...

Zombiegeddon is ripe for sequels, no doubt...

And I get the feeling the Legendary Truth houses will become common...

Maybe that can be a way of bringing back OLD houses in a new way.

like Legendary Trurth: Shadybrook or Legendary Truth: Screamhouse

Hmmm, I'm liking that idea, can you imagine the under floor scare with the caretaker or one of his minions?

That would be too much retreading. Screamhouse's storyline technically dealt with investigation anyways. I think Rewster's point was more along the lines of other haunted places that haven't been done before. Something like more haunted mansions, prisons, etc. I'd like to see a Civil War era haunt, to be honest.

I always thought a Cannibal Holocaust type house would work wonderfully at the event because it borders normalcy and might amp the fear factor a little more for guests.

Well LITC last year was a cannibal house, but it was the campy fun house last year, I think if they did a serious house based on cannibalism it would be great!

The problem with LT investigation other houses and haunted places is that it would TOO similar to the Wyandot Estate. They can only do so many "haunted houses"

I agree PS would be a retread this year, but if they were to do lets say LT: SS Frightanic/Ship of scream, I think it could work well, or something like the Queen Mary which is REALLY haunted, yet it serves as a hotel every day.