Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
wondering what an Exterminatorz house can do that the Tram didn’t already accomplish?
Give us that unnerving bug feeling as if FFL was brought back with creepy crawly bug audio & strings/feathers in total darkness. The cockroach gimmick from Creepshow 2019. MIB-style "really big bug" (complete with a red button to push). Deranged Mickey Mouse full of rabies or the plague

The thing about Bugs was that it was a lot more campy and comical than scary. Campy and comical are not bad things to have in a house at all, but there was an over-reliance on “victim scares” to where the scales were imbalanced and went too far over to the campy side. It had the right tone, but weak execution on intensity.

What I loved about the Terror Tram last year was that it didn’t take itself too seriously. I’ve always found the tram to be very “meh” and old-hat. It veered way more into the campy side of thin eggs than it normally does and here it worked in its favor. The scareactors were really aggressive and also really into their role. It actually took a campy idea and balanced campiness with intensity very well.

I really welcome the possibility of an Exterminatorz house as I think they will do a fine job balancing dark comedy and intensity. I’ve always wanted to see an old “B-movie” kind of house and this is the perfect opportunity for this!

Give us that unnerving bug feeling as if FFL was brought back with creepy crawly bug audio & strings/feathers in total darkness. The cockroach gimmick from Creepshow 2019. MIB-style "really big bug" (complete with a red button to push). Deranged Mickey Mouse full of rabies or the plague
I don’t see them expanding the concept this drastically. That’s usually not how these zone-to-house iterations go. When Holidayz transitioned to a house, most of the set pieces were exactly the same as the zone, just indoors and with some expanded scenic.

My guess is an Exterminatorz house follows the same track.

Excluding Terror Tram, Holidayz & Exterminatorz were two vastly different SZs. One being an actual SZ (Exterminatorz) & Holidayz literally being an outdoor house that couldn't be experienced from opposite directions. So it's not a fair comparison. We'd need another Upper Lot SZ to become a house (Spirits & Demons please! Or Corpz, or Freakz, Klownz, Skullz etc)

I don’t see them expanding the concept this drastically. That’s usually not how these zone-to-house iterations go. When Holidayz transitioned to a house, most of the set pieces were exactly the same as the zone, just indoors and with some expanded scenic.

My guess is an Exterminatorz house follows the same track.
You’re right on that point, but don’t forget La Llorona started as a SZ, too. Might be me comparing apples to oranges tho since it was rooted in folklore and not a 100% original USH creation, but it’s worth thinking about that, as well. They really could go any direction they want with the property. It’ll be interesting to see (if it comes to the event) which path they take.

Reactions: Wesker69
You mean you don't want to hear the whole "We outnumber humans a billion to one. A billion to one! Humans don't stand a chance!" dialogue again?
"Maybe it's time you 'honorary bugs' got a taste of your OWN MEDICINE!"

Also, was chatting about this yesterday with a friend very familiar with Latin America history, he believes the flower may be hinting at El Silbon, a farmer monster who appeared in Monstruos last year.

I also enjoyed the Tram last year so excited for a Exterminatorz maze

People always want everything to be serious and "scary" and for me I haven't felt fear at one of these events in years....they can't touch you and once you've done it for 10+years do people still get scared? I'm not talking jump scared like do people here still have like a fear before entering a maze?