Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unfortunately it would be extremely difficult to make happen due to Jurassic World's destruction of the area. Trust me, I was always trying to plot how they could make it work anytime I was on queue duty or stuck up in the DinoPlay tower (dying of heat).

The access point would be a headache with how things are now. The upper level of Jurassic Cafe gets used for a bar/VIP during HHN now. From an operation standpoint, it'd be difficult to use the JWRA queue for the ride & house. Plus some of the last few switchbacks get removed to become a break space for scareactors in that house. Next time you're on the Studio Tour, look at the area past the overflow space behind Jurassic cafe/DinoPlay.

Unless some crazy miracle happens, the Jurassic queue location is not happening. Unfortunately.
Unfortunately it would be extremely difficult to make happen due to Jurassic World's destruction of the area. Trust me, I was always trying to plot how they could make it work anytime I was on queue duty or stuck up in the DinoPlay tower (dying of heat).

The access point would be a headache with how things are now. The upper level of Jurassic Cafe gets used for a bar/VIP during HHN now. From an operation standpoint, it'd be difficult to use the JWRA queue for the ride & house. Plus some of the last few switchbacks get removed to become a break space for scareactors in that house. Next time you're on the Studio Tour, look at the area past the overflow space behind Jurassic cafe/DinoPlay.

Unless some crazy miracle happens, the Jurassic queue location is not happening. Unfortunately.

I completely forgot that the queue was passing thru that area until you mentioned it. Man, it really has been a long time since it was used.

You’re right, 100%. The logistics aren’t working in that venues favor currently. Also the Nintendo secret entrance, or whatever it’s called, is where the maze used to exit at, on top of everything you shared.

My question is, tho, do we really need another maze down on the lower lot? We had 4 last year and it could be a madhouse on the most crowded nights of the season. If something were to go in that spot again, it would make operations so much more difficult in that zone. The entire lower lot would just be queue overflow for five mazes at that point lol

Hot take: I don’t think the venues really matter in the grand scheme of things. I used to when I was younger and there were some trends with each venue in the early years of the event, but it’s about design and execution. The venues are just a space for those creations to live in. They don’t make or break a house.

I'm just curious if we'll get any new/oldish locations for Hollywood this year, they've been using the same locations for awhile now time to switch it up lol

Until those get taken away from us too for Lower Lot expansion lol
Do I get a moderator privilege on double posting? Haha

(Edit: @saint.piss saved me from a true double post lol)

Yeah, those stages they’re using (I used to work on them a ton) are about ready to go. But the entertainment team has been incredibly creative with their ability to find locations for mazes regardless of what is happening in the parks, or the studio itself. We’ll be safe, and the stages don’t necessarily produce the best attractions anyway. Referring to my previous post: design and execution are everything. Tent mazes are better than soundstage mazes some years. Parisian Courtyard has produced some awesome houses over the years, in a place (most people would say, before anything went in there) was unsuitable for a haunted attraction. They’ll make it work, there’s too much money at stake for them to not make it work.

I'm just curious if we'll get any new/oldish locations for Hollywood this year, they've been using the same locations for awhile now time to switch it up lol
Now I’m actually going to double post. I’m just genuinely curious as to why you want a change up in venues? It’s never mattered much to me where the houses are located, but that’s just my opinion.

Murdy said to expect the unexpected or something along those lines. But the areas we had available that are now lost:

- Waterworld queue (Purge Slaughterworld depending)
- Jurassic Queue (extinct)
- Metro Sets backlot (Active filming)

Reactions: saint.piss
Murdy said to expect the unexpected or something along those lines. But the areas we had available that are now lost:

- Waterworld (Purge Slaughterworld depending)
- Jurassic Queue (extinct)
- Metro Sets backlot (Active filming)
Metro may not be as off limits as you think. It was quite busier than usual the last couple years and TED the show took over that spot for a looooonnnnnnggggg time in 2022. It’s a matter of timing, honestly. But my hopes aren’t super high of it returning, to be fair.

Now I’m actually going to double post. I’m just genuinely curious as to why you want a change up in venues? It’s never mattered much to me where the houses are located, but that’s just my opinion.
I mean you're right I guess it doesn't matter but idk lol. I've only started going to Hollywood's event since 2021 so I'm just really curious to experience a house in a location that they stopped post pandemic. Specifically the Metro Lot locations, since that whole area brought a lot of energy into the event with the really big scarezone and just made hhn more walkable. But that probably won't come back for awhile unfortunately.

On a completely different note.....

Since it is after midnight, it is officially the 70th anniversary for our ragin' rockin' Universal Monster:
March 5th, 1954 :party: (wide release)
1000009814.jpg

....also 3 years ago today, Universal Orlando announced the Beetlejuice house for HHN 2021

Now back to our regularly scheduled dry spell for 2024 spec!

Last edited:
On a completely different note.....

Since it is after midnight, it is officially the 70th anniversary for our ragin' rockin' Universal Monster:
March 5th, 1954 :party:
View attachment 20828

....also 3 years ago today, Universal Orlando announced the Beetlejuice house for HHN 2021

Now back to our regularly scheduled dry spell for 2024 spec!
Manifesting that we get some sort of an announcement today :clown:
Friends Job GIF

I say at least another year or two without access to it (lower lot expansion depending)
I could honestly see it happening in that timeframe.
I mean you're right I guess it doesn't matter but idk lol. I've only started going to Hollywood's event since 2021 so I'm just really curious to experience a house in a location that they stopped post pandemic. Specifically the Metro Lot locations, since that whole area brought a lot of energy into the event with the really big scarezone and just made hhn more walkable. But that probably won't come back for awhile unfortunately.

I completely get that. Hollywood’s event seems to have had the most radical operations changes of any major theme park haunt event in the country (in terms of what is guest-accessible park space and where mazes and scarezones are located) so I understand the wish to experience it in its different stages.

I’ll say, tho, timing is everything for Metro. Sometimes it sits empty, except when an odd 1-2 day commercial pops in, but the last couple years with TED and Grand Crew (which I totally forgot used the whole area HHN used to occupy down there) have been using the space. Granted the cast trailers for TED (which was the only portion of the show actually using the former HHN occupied areas) could easily be moved if HHN locks in that location.

To be fair, Grand Crew was the main reason the studio didn’t allow the event back there. The last time Metro was used was 2019, Grand Crew started filming there in 2021, the first year the event didn’t use those locations.

One to two years, like Wesker said could sound reasonable. But, Grand Crew was also canceled recently, so that area could be as vacant (or maybe the right word is available) as it used to be pretty soon. Believe it or not, the studio liked having some rental money for the months HHN used the underutilized space. There wasn’t much off limits for filming during the daytime, when those areas were part of the event, so most commercials trying to shoot there could still work around those areas. The studio liked the revenue, even tho they are both owned by Comcast, coming in for a big stretch of time rather than getting, maybe, ten days of rentals on the space for some commercials in the same time frame. Since Grand Crew was an NBCU show and used the location as a main set, they were basically “owners” of that section of the lot, and with night shoots and all that plus the size of their trailer area where the wolfman maze was , and their basecamp (where FDTD was) made it off limits.

I am sorry for potentially derailing the spec thread into a “future of the Metro Sets” one. We can slowly get back to our usual spec discussion haha just wanted to throw my two cents in on that particular speculation

I just don't want the "SZ" space classified as a SZ since it was one way in, one way out. It should be classified as an (outdoor) house. Hell, in 2019 they did actually give it a minor queue along the side.

I always enjoyed getting to see the details while it was still light out, then daylight savings time would kick-in & yea.. lol (same for Terror Tram).

The only negative about Metro is after you've hit those houses (hopefully more than once before the crowds rolled in), there's the burning question of "do I really want to trek all the way down there again!?" during the last 2hrs or so.

Wassup with the NOES rumor? Is this only for HHN ORL or both coasts? And I thought WB owned the IP?
Legacy over at the Orlando thread essentially confirmed Nightmare on Elm Street along with Ghostbusters and Universal Monsters: Dracula (subject to change of course).

WB is licensing IP, we just had Evil Dead Rise last year.

Legacy over at the Orlando thread essentially confirmed Nightmare on Elm Street along with Ghostbusters and Universal Monsters: Dracula (subject to change of course).

WB is licensing IP, we just had Evil Dead Rise last year.
You are right about EDR & WB. I remember them keeping NOES for their event and even after they stopped, they wouldn’t share so it’s surprising to me.

In the terms of unexpected locations, if we jump up to 9; my mind ironically jumps to expanding and re-emphasizing the venue that the cluster of T-Pad and SS22 brings. I continue to maintain this; but SS22 and SS20, with queues going inside SS21 and SS23 while I imagine could cost a pretty penny; would be a good way to do two birds with one stone.

Combine it with a reinvigorated area down there with food, bathroom stalls, and merch; and I think you have something that can act similar to Metro.

In the terms of unexpected locations, if we jump up to 9; my mind ironically jumps to expanding and re-emphasizing the venue that the cluster of T-Pad and SS22 brings. I continue to maintain this; but SS22 and SS20, with queues going inside SS21 and SS23 while I imagine could cost a pretty penny; would be a good way to do two birds with one stone.

Combine it with a reinvigorated area down there with food, bathroom stalls, and merch; and I think you have something that can act similar to Metro.
I don’t see us getting 9 houses this year, personally. But if we are, adding a house has never boded well for the budget.

Reactions: Wesker69
I don’t see us getting 9 houses this year, personally. But if we are, adding a house has never boded well for the budget.
That's kind of why I wonder on the Lower Lot soundstages.

We know through the Red Sea stages that when they are complete; the park should be claiming them for the sake of expansion. And with the addition of Barham already in place; my mind thinks that they could perhaps be able to snag a deal in regards to the cluster for HHN use.

It'd be on par for Metro, and would require expansion of aspects like security; but if the destination for those venues is to eventually become for the parks uses regardless--why not try to make some money while you can on the side.

Probably thinking off or idealistically; but we know the Red Sea stages are happening; and have been represented through stuff like the artwork for Barham and of the 3D Model that was showcased to government members a few weeks ago. And if the park is looking to look outside the box; then continuing to overtake the front lot as opposed to the backlot might be a way to be unexpected.